Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He lies. He's not his stated age.
    In terms of points and rebounds per 36 min., he had the best year of his career this season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge with his trade kicker is only 27.6. Hayward is rounded up to about 34.2.

There's no way the Spurs are taking on that kind of money with this broke ownership amid the pandemic.

It would probably have to add players, and the one that makes the most sense is Mills as he's old friends with LMA and the backcourt was fine without him in the bubble. Spurs have to take someone else back of course, but the money has to be equal or the Spurs taking back less.

And the Celtics would have to throw in one of their firsts if the Spurs aren't as dumb as their recent trade history suggests.

One other thing that would make it unlikely ....

Whether or not it would/could make a difference, I don't know, but Hayward is MAGA. That may or may not affect Pop's willingness to go along with such a deal. If Pop is traded to the Nets then no problem.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hayward is a long term building block if you own a medical rehab equipment company...

. I was going to make a comment, but that says it all.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    would rather send out demar, rudy, and murray to okc for cp3 and bazley.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    then sign noel.

cp3 / patty
    white / lonnie
    bazley / keldon
    la / luka
    noel / poeltl

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge with his trade kicker is only 27.6. Hayward is rounded up to about 34.2.

There's no way the Spurs are taking on that kind of money with this broke ownership amid the pandemic.

It would probably have to add players, and the one that makes the most sense is Mills as he's old friends with LMA and the backcourt was fine without him in the bubble. Spurs have to take someone else back of course, but the money has to be equal or the Spurs taking back less.

And the Celtics would have to throw in one of their firsts if the Spurs aren't as dumb as their recent trade history suggests.

One other thing that would make it unlikely ....

Whether or not it would/could make a difference, I don't know, but Hayward is MAGA. That may or may not affect Pop's willingness to go along with such a deal. If Pop is traded to the Nets then no problem.
    Good points but it will work with Metu
    The MAGA stuff is interesting.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you can get Hayward for trash I'm all for it. I don't think give away any of the good chips; maybe Luka though. I'm not as yet sold on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no thanks ... we will have enough problems keeping Derrick White healthy ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hayward is a long term building block if you own a medical rehab equipment company...
    Great point.
    I don't think he is a great building block even with good health. IF healthy he's a good addition to a team that's almost there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Celtics aren't giving up a jack of all trades big wing for a 5 year older big, when they've been fine playing center by committee with Theis/Williamses/Kanter (Theis and R. Williams in particular are solid).

If anything, the backup four minutes are a bigger issue (Ojeleye, G. Williams).

Ibaka for the MLE would be ideal as he'd kill two birds with one stone.
    Exactly, it’s like people weren’t watching the Celtics. Center is not one of their concerns. Theis played well this year, and Kanter is fine as a backup big (if he opts in).

Ibaka for the MLE is the exact move I’d make especially if you could trade Aldridge for a big wing (and keep Poeltl). Alternatively, if you can find a S&T partner for Poeltl if you prefer to keep Aldridge. Ibaka should play mostly at the 5 and can stretch the floor, but excelled last year - albeit in limited minutes - playing alongside Gasol, so can spot you some minutes as a big lineup 4.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glass Joe Gordon just got hurt reading this thread and is going to be out an additional 4 to 6 weeks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly, it’s like people weren’t watching the Celtics. Center is not one of their concerns. Theis played well this year, and Kanter is fine as a backup big (if he opts in).

Ibaka for the MLE is the exact move I’d make especially if you could trade Aldridge for a big wing (and keep Poeltl). Alternatively, if you can find a S&T partner for Poeltl if you prefer to keep Aldridge. Ibaka should play mostly at the 5 and can stretch the floor, but excelled last year - albeit in limited minutes - playing alongside Gasol, so can spot you some minutes as a big lineup 4.
    Ibaka for the MLE is fine. Ibaka for LMA is dumb.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I meant Ibaka for the Celtics.

I don't really see it for the Spurs, who'd have to create cap space to interest him (obviously not worth the trouble). If not for being able to offer significantly more than the MLE, there's no reason he'd want to sign with a non contender.

Thread Information