Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Spurs put themselves in this position with the horrific Kawhi and Bertans trades so I'm not surprised other front offices don't respect them anymore.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    typical Jabari low level of quality.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i don't see an issue with rc answering for brian tbh.

jabroni was probably asking dümbass questions that he knew wouldn't get answered.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    surprise clown still has a job after the he puled with the k2 news

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Face it guys. All future franchise moves are on hold till we get Forbes’ Max Contract extension behind us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buford

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah Miami is going to be a major player this off season.
    yup the team is improving and it's an attractive destination if you have cash

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It also helps that Aldridge hadn't quit on his team.
    Can we see that video again of the ending of Game 7 playoff vs Denver. Additionally his comments after.
    If that isn't Q-U-I-T then nothing is.

Other teams know the real value of Aldridge and weren't buying the Spurs overplay, that is why he wasn't traded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Pop's vision has clearly been our North Star," he said. "However, having said that, when we get ready to make a decision, we all get in the room, and everybody needs to be prepared, and he doesn't care who it is that gets the right answer, as long as we get the right answer."

Do tell who in the room went along with "the right answer" of Bryn Bryn starting, Patty being anointed Leader, the two of them playing D at the same time and other complete loser moves of the last 18 months.
    FOH, that's 100% Popped. F's sake even Timmy Duncan went along with starting Bryn Bryn in the one and only game Duncan head coached.
    It's a dictatorship, stop the bull .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Pop's vision has clearly been our North Star," he said. "However, having said that, when we get ready to make a decision, we all get in the room, and everybody needs to be prepared, and he doesn't care who it is that gets the right answer, as long as we get the right answer."

Do tell who in the room went along with "the right answer" of Bryn Bryn starting, Patty being anointed Leader, the two of them playing D at the same time and other complete loser moves of the last 18 months.
    FOH, that's 100% Popped. F's sake even Timmy Duncan went along with starting Bryn Bryn in the one and only game Duncan head coached.
    It's a dictatorship, stop the bull .

Hopefully the Forbes era is nearing its end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is nothing wrong with the wifi or anything else at the AT&T Center really. People can about the location, but it has a lot of parking and easy access to the highway. It's a cheap Uber fare from downtown as well.
    I have always liked using the cheap park and ride option. $5 round trip per game.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Completely agree, it's all in the wording.

Spurs probably put Aldridge's name out there with a high price, and if someone was willing to bite, then great...they would have won the trade.

They weren't trying to move him and take a lesser deal just for the sake of moving him. He was and is still a valuable piece.

That is how you are supposed to negotiate.
    The fact that they played so much better without him on both sides of the ball AND won at a higher rate without him might show that LMA, is not in fact, a valuable piece.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fact that they played so much better without him on both sides of the ball AND won at a higher rate without him might show that LMA, is not in fact, a valuable piece.
    This is where Stats lie. The Spurs have a left shot of going 8-0 if They had LA. Poetl cost this team two games with his limited and soft offensive game. LMA would have put up more points in that Denver game and would have Made Jokic work on the other end. Jokic got to focus on offense because Poetl is a non threat to score.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah. They've made the playoffs with LMA. He's also solidly better than DeRozan at playing basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge is getting pretty old, just sayin lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the only thing that showed is that Bryn Forbes is garbage and Popovich is a re . Had nothing to do with Aldridge not being around

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for sharing. I criticized the lack of vision for the future and the lack of communication with fans and was trolled obviously bc spurstalk will do what it does... Anyways, I am glad to see it, but can't help thinking the Spurs are starting to feel the weight of all those season pass cancellations.

It also seems pretty evident RC is still the man calling the shots, for now Wright appears to be getting trained on the job in the best case scenario.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 08-31-2020 at 04:23 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol at RC not letting Wright speak. Bad look for someone that's supposed to be the gm. Either they know he's incompetent or he really is just Pop/Buford's puppet. Most powerless "general manager" in the league:

It's Wright's job to help fix the roster, and the NBA's economics around its 2020-21 salary cap will be critical. But having been promoted less than a year ago, Wright is still learning the Spurs' way. That came through on the Zoom call.

Asked how the Spurs can rebuild, Buford intercepted Wright's question.

"Jabari let me answer this one," Buford interrupted. "It's more fair for me to [answer] since I've been engaged in this for a long time."

Buford explained the Spurs have never been swayed by public opinion. To back this, he remembered calls to "blow it up" at the end of David Robinson's era, and then again at the end of 2009-10 season.

Buford said the Spurs would continue to address its roster "optimistically and opportunistically." He then mentioned Aldridge's signing, which translated to a Western Conference finals appearance in 2016.

"Things didn't go as we hoped, and it's not on anybody," Buford said. "Some decisions we wished we could've done differently, but I think having the ability to develop young talent and flexibility to be opportunistic is going to be what we're going to continue to do."
    Yea, Wright was undermined. I have no problem hearing from RC though since he's clearly the man at the FO. In the best of cases, Wright is seen as a newbie getting trained on the job. In the worst of cases, he's inept, or a figurehead that is RC's secretary.

I have to be greateful to Jabari for making these questions to the right people. As much maligned as he is here, I don't see any other San Antonio reporters daring to ask these questions, or being granted these kinds of interviews.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah. They've made the playoffs with LMA. He's also solidly better than DeRozan at playing basketball.
    Not on earth 316 he's not.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the only thing that showed is that Bryn Forbes is garbage and Popovich is a re . Had nothing to do with Aldridge not being around
    Seeing as how Aldridge being out allowed Derozan to play the 4, which is what led to all our young guards getting more playing time...I believe it did in fact have something to do with Aldridge not being around...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder why the Spurs permitted an interview like this with Jabari (cnbc) instead of local reporters on expressnews with Tom Orsborn? Seems odd if we all truly believe Jabari was on Kawhi's jock and had an anti-Spurs bias to all his previous reporting of the Spurs.
    I don't personally believe that. He might not be a great newsperson, but looks at angles that other reporters don't.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seeing as how Aldridge being out allowed Derozan to play the 4, which is what led to all our young guards getting more playing time...I believe it did in fact have something to do with Aldridge not being around...
    No, Lyles being out facilitated DeRozan at the four.

This isn't sustainable and even if it were, any lineup featuring DeRozan and Murray would be better offensively with Aldridge as the lone big as opposed to Poeltl because of his ability to space the floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Says a lot about priorities.

And I loved this:
    "But the Spurs could use an upgrade in several areas, including its practice site, the dreadful AT&T Center, which lacks adequate Wifi..."

Seriously? They're making a big deal out of the Wi-Fi? Like they couldn't fix that for a pittance, in the big picture of what they spend? I just about stopped reading right there. Probably should have.

Then later they're talking about a SWOT analysis, only Buford doesn't want to talk about any of the weaknesses. Their strengths are mostly in the past, and they don't want to look at weaknesses. Their opportunities involve an exec from Facebook, and threats are everywhere. And Buford is afraid to let the new "GM" answer a question. Yeah, this group is ed.
    I noticed that too. It was a PR move, which they need to make, and should have started to make sooner. It's good that they had their recent hires on the call, but it's still RC's plot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully Pop and FO will not just use the excuses of fair weather fans for their fan interest and revenue loss and they come to the realisation that it may be the poor product that they provide that may be killing the fan moral. I'm just looking at the business side of it.

I know some say we are Spoiled fan base but I also would say we have a spoiled FO that are in charge of this franchise.

Honestly, I don't know if it's popular but the only players that are not expendable is White, Lonnie, and Keldon. All other players are pretty replaceable because although they might be pretty good players they don't really bring anything special that we couldn't get from other players.

I for one am very excited with the prospect at watching these 3 players away going forward and Spurs maybe 1 great all-star type player added to this core from being a threat again. Of course it would be even better if one or more of these 3 that achieve that level.
    Last edited by Chomag; 08-31-2020 at 07:25 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah the Glory days are over RC and his team are going to have to work fast to correct the ship if not she is going to sink. They definitely going to have to give much more media access then they have ever done in the past to help sale tickets and increase market share. Changes are coming and we all know old people don’t like change so I don’t see Pop staying more then another year before he moves on.

Thread Information