Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about Mason Jones?

I like prospects who can take it to the hoop and draw fouls. Sometimes you can gauge their toughness that way.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/hoopshy...he-league/amp/
    What do you think of immanuel quickley ?

i will see some of mason jones vids

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I checked him out real quick.

My preliminary eval of Quickley is this:

A quicker version of Forbes. I say this because he doesn't flash many offensive moves besides the spot up 3, floater (looks more efficient than Forbes). He doesnt look like he can be creative out of an ISO like Mason can. Whenever I look at prospects, I look for an eye popping skill and so far I don't see one. He can pass better than Forbes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Desmond Bane (@DBane0625) Tweeted:
    How many do you see in a row 👀 https://t.co/JuFBylAOn0

https://twitter.com/DBane0625/status...307230209?s=20

Won’t be available in the 2nd round but Geez...

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Desmond Bane (@DBane0625) Tweeted:
    How many do you see in a row  https://t.co/JuFBylAOn0

https://twitter.com/DBane0625/status...307230209?s=20

Won’t be available in the 2nd round but Geez...

That's amazing. Thanks for posting. I love Bane. Right now, like at this moment, there is nothing that Bryn Forbes does that Bane couldn't do better. I guess Forbes knows the Spurs' "system" - assuming that still even exists, but that's about it. I think he could be a really good NBA player, but there are some physical stats floating around that are either cause for worry or cause to draft him in the lottery.

I think I posted this above, but I can't remember. I found the measurements on the Stepien. I don't have any idea where they got them, but something ain't right. According to this report, he's got a really short wingspan, but his standing reach is pretty normal. His no-step vertical is pretty bad, but his max vertical is really damn good. The most confusing thing is that his sprint time is pathetically slow, but his shuttle time is faster than anything I remember seeing. https://www.thestepien.com/2020/04/0...outing-report/

I think that shuttle time has to be a mistake. But if it's right? With his 3P% and strength, plus that kind of reaction time and direction change ability, I'd consider drafting him at 11. Can't be right... can it?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs worked out Bane last year. He's going first round is the consensus right now. Phoenix 76ers and Bucks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs worked out Bane last year. He's going first round is the consensus right now. Phoenix 76ers and Bucks
    Yeah that’s what I’ve read too. Guy will come in and challenge for a starting position wherever he goes.
    Now if Atlanta are serious about shoring up their backcourt to mitigate some of Tre’s deficiencies, could see a scenario where Bane is available at 11 and Spurs offering a conservative package for the swap.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I checked him out real quick.

My preliminary eval of Quickley is this:

A quicker version of Forbes. I say this because he doesn't flash many offensive moves besides the spot up 3, floater (looks more efficient than Forbes). He doesnt look like he can be creative out of an ISO like Mason can. Whenever I look at prospects, I look for an eye popping skill and so far I don't see one. He can pass better than Forbes.
    I understand the comp. He is a way better Version of a small shooting SG ala forbes.
    Like you said He is quicker, with a good wingspan 6'9 for 6'3, a more deadly shooter than Forbes imo. He could be decent off the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He's got that Luka/ Harden step back.

Started basketball really late similar to Siakam.

This guy is the real sleeper. Will be following him after he gets drafted, even if it isn't the Spurs. Really intriguing skillset that cannot be found anywhere else in the 2nd round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand the comp. He is a way better Version of a small shooting SG ala forbes.
    Like you said He is quicker, with a good wingspan 6'9 for 6'3, a more deadly shooter than Forbes imo. He could be decent off the bench.
    Yeah, I agree he's way better than Forbes. If we didn't have so many combo guards, I'd be okay with him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

seems similar to Bryn Forbes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

MY SLEEPER PICK OF 2020

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    better not draft some midget, spurms already got 2 midgets like forbes and wombat on the team...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paul Reed, Mason Jones or Desmond Bane would be great 2nd round pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

- Discussions about Sleepers or guys he has higher than other mocks - From the 29:30 mark

Isaiah Stewart - Doesn’t exactly fit the prototype of a modern day big, a bit undersized - has talent though, big bodied
    His mental make up, personality- he is just built to succeed. “He’s willing, and able to run through a brick wall for you.”

Malachi Flynn - Seems undersized, but this kid was DPOY in his conference. Tough, intelligent, a silent assassin “won’t be punked in the NBA.”

Elijah Hughes - Older player, under recruited. “Growth” mindset. Keeps adding, refining his game.

Jalen Harris - Combo guard. Killer instinct scorer. Will tear you up.

Some guys he think may be overrated (at least not as high on them as some) - Tyrese Haliburton, Cole Anthony and Tyrese Maxey.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paul Reed, Mason Jones or Desmond Bane would be great 2nd round pick.

Or Grant Riller.

https://www.thestepien.com/2020/02/2...outing-report/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Other than being really old already, dude is a legit shot creator based off my stats thread. He's not just a softie shooter either, he'll take the bumps inside which I love. Haven't watched him at all but maybe I should.

Edit: i guess Mason Jones is old too, but the few inches he has over Grant makes me take him first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmm... Watching a little bit.. his form on outside 3s is ugly.. uses a lot of strength from the arms to shoot and theres a hitch.. gonna need a lot of help to change that. If he doesn't, not a big deal since he's a scoring threat in the mid range

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmm... Watching a little bit.. his form on outside 3s is ugly.. uses a lot of strength from the arms to shoot and theres a hitch.. gonna need a lot of help to change that. If he doesn't, not a big deal since he's a scoring threat in the mid range

I think he'll be fine on the offensive end. He's got a legit first step, and he can create his own shot. I agree his 3P stroke isn't as silky as someone like Forbes. But he can negotiate extra space for himself, and he finishes through contact well on the inside - so I think his numbers hold up pretty good at the next level.

The biggest question mark is on the defensive end. I think he's got the physical tools to be adequate there, if he's willing. With all the guards the Spurs have, they would be drafting him for Austin the first year. At 41, I think you get something out of him no matter what, so his upside is a bonus. He could have a lot of people wishing they had picked him before 41.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When can we draft Victor Wembanyama ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When can we draft Victor Wembanyama ?
    We're gonna need bigger jerseys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're gonna need bigger jerseys.
    No , plays for INSEP, that French basketball academy that produced most of their great generation. There was a clip of he and Rudy Gobert, and Gobert couldn’t get to his shot. His wingspan is 8’0”, so his release would naturally be pretty high. He’s 16, so class of ‘22.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Shooting fadeaways and halfcourt 3s. Draft him with the 11th pick at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remain intrigued by Eboua. Dude has the frame to be a legit forward. I don't like that he's as raw as he is for his age, but he's a good candidate to sign to a two-way deal, and that's something that might be important if the Spurs trade Aldridge or DeRozan for multiple contracts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Daniel Oturu’s Combine numbers
    https://www.startribune.com/ex-gophe...ine/572842752/

Oturu, who is 6-foot-10 and 240 pounds, shot 67.5 percent from three-point range (104 for 154) and 87 percent from the free throw line (87 for 100) at the P3 Sports Science facility in Santa Barbara, Calif.

In other testing results, Oturu’s box lane agility drill (11.37 seconds), 3/4 court sprint (3.28 seconds), standing vertical jump (29.5 inches) and max vertical (35.5 inches) topped averages at his position from the 2019 NBA Draft combine in Chicago.

Overall, his 2020 pre-draft assessment was pretty impressive for an athlete at his size and length, which included measurements of a 7-4 wingspan, 9-2 standing reach and 9.25-inch hand width.

Thread Information