Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DPOY and MVP same year
    Back to back MVP

But when they play actual teams in a playoff setting, he barely contributes at an all-star level.

He feuds with Fraudin a lot but at least fraudin is an all star level player in the playoff but obviously not as good as his stat padding regular season self.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh well, at least the Clippers will have to raise their banner in an empty arena.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh well, at least the Clippers will have to raise their banner in an empty arena.
    Lakers imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He had five monster games in a row in the first round. Yeah, he should've done more this game, but 18/10/9 isn't exactly pedestrian either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll give him one more year cause he's only 25...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah monkeyballing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He had five monster games in a row in the first round. Yeah, he should've done more this game, but 18/10/9 isn't exactly pedestrian either.
    + he was not guarding Butler and Drazic.

That was the ballgame.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    playing out of position against midgets to pad his stats

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s the perfect Robin for Luka tbh. It’ll never happen, but putting himself in a situation where he can play freely and all the pressure to create is on Luka is exactly where Giannis would thrive most.
    Doncic, Antetokounmpo, Porzingis in 2021, I wanna see that team.

Luka as a ball handler and Giannis as a roll man could work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gianus

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is what happens to bigs when they don’t have good perimeter players.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I actually think his team is built well around him. He just shouldn’t close games. He can carry the team for the first 44 minutes. But then let someone else who is more skilled, better at creating their own shot especially when defense tightens and doubles come, and can knock down free throws at a consistently high clip. I don’t know that Middleton can do that as the #1 option. But it just shouldn’t be the Freak until his skills get better.

He’s this generation’s Shaq. Different body type, different style of play. Same issues finishing games as THE guy.

As a League MVP and a guy that collects all this praise as one of the best players in the world, can his ego allow him to take a backseat in crunch time?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually think his team is built well around him. He just shouldn’t close games. He can carry the team for the first 44 minutes. But then let someone else who is more skilled, better at creating their own shot especially when defense tightens and doubles come, and can knock down free throws at a consistently high clip. I don’t know that Middleton can do that as the #1 option. But it just shouldn’t be the Freak until his skills get better.

He’s this generation’s Shaq. Different body type, different style of play. Same issues finishing games as THE guy.

As a League MVP and a guy that collects all this praise as one of the best players in the world, can his ego allow him to take a backseat in crunch time?
    I don’t think the team is ideally built around him

Middleton isn’t so great at creating his own shot
    Bledsoe is not a playoff performer
    None of his teammates are great consistent 3 pt shooters
    Korver can shoot but when he’s on the court it’s pretty much 4vs5 defensively

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

They can use someone like Lemon Pepper Lou who they can hide on defense. Maybe CJ/Middleton swap.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always pronounced that username as Quit-Storm (like kuh-WIT-storm), even before Number Two actually quit on the Spurs. It ended up being propheitc

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coach Bud is continuing the Pop tradition of dominating in the regular season and not showing up in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Westbrook is up there. Dude constantly chokes in the clutch like Giannis and can’t finish games by himself. Remember the 20 missed shots in the 4th quarter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always pronounced that username as Quit-Storm (like kuh-WIT-storm), even before Number Two actually quit on the Spurs. It ended up being propheitc
    Same here

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    James "2-17" Frauden.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he doesn't win it all this year then he's going to have a David Robinson like career trajectory. In the case he loses this year then he might have to team up with a player better than him if he ever wants to win a ring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I see him closer to David Robison where the games are purely based on athleticism. The bucks need to have a guy who can create shots with giannis finishing ( like Stockton and Malone) then surround them with three point shooters.

Also in today’s nba, bigs creating is just not as effective.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I will never understand why they chose Bledsoe over Brogdon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    James "2-17" Frauden.

Damn, lots of underserved clutch fame guys in there.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP will be endlessly sucking GA's the second he rings, tbh.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've said it time and time again that you put PP with Shaq and Gasol and he has at least five rings, too.

Thread Information