Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This is meaningful only if you view elections as sports - yay, my team won. Both parties are neoliberal and imperialist at their core.

The Democrats answer to Trump was to pull right.
    Biden is by far the most conservative Democratic candidate, and his campaign has focused more on aesthetics (restoring honor) than material and structural changes to the status quo.
    Centrism enables and emboldens the right as well as suppresses the vote as people feel there is nothing material at stake.

Biden wouldn't even adopt economic populism to fight Trump, even though, for example, public approval for a national health care plan has never been higher.
    Populist policies remain on the table for someone to pick up, and with the right-wing neoliberal Dems as "resistence" that is not a comforting prospect.
    I'll have you know blue checkmarks on twitter said he's the most progressive candidate since XYZ, boy.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    The fact Biden supporters ITT are lashing out at me is pretty hilarious. I already said I’m voting for the guy and giving money to his campaign, sorry that I’m unwilling to suck his shriveled old and pretend he’s not a center right wing neoconservative who FDR would be embarrassed to share the same political party with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is anything I said about black people tripping over their own on the way to the ballot box wrong, or was that just a Candace Owens ad hominem?
    the part about you not caring about civil rights because it doesnt affect you if they dont vote the way you want in the primaries

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The fact Biden supporters ITT are lashing out at me is pretty hilarious. I already said I’m voting for the guy and giving money to his campaign, sorry that I’m unwilling to suck his shriveled old and pretend he’s not a center right wing neoconservative who FDR would be embarrassed to share the same political party with.
    Incredibly lame and unbased, guy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    am i one of the "biden supporters" who constantly said he's near the bottom of my list during the dem primaries (only ahead of bloomberg), contributed to warren and sanders campaigns, primaried against biden, have not and will not support his campaign financially (by that metric turns out will is a bigger biden supporter than i am), but will begrudgingly vote for him because 4 more years of a trump administration terrifies me?

i'm sorry that i dont hold the position that i dont care about civil rights of people who dont vote the way i want them to

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    the part about you not caring about civil rights because it doesnt affect you if they dont vote the way you want in the primaries
    The comment you quoted was about the fact they don’t vote at all. Why should I care about their civil rights when they don’t themselves? I’m not even joking, why is it so ing hard for black people to vote with any semblance of reliability outside of when it was a black candidate on the ticket? Before you say voter suppression, the fact they’re part of a demographic who politicians are trying to suppress should only make them more motivated to vote. I’d wait in line all ing day to cast a ballot if I thought it was against someone who was intentionally putting up road blocks to suppress my vote.

Regardless, the candidate I voted for in the primary cares a lot more about their civil rights than Trent Lott’s drinking buddy from back in the day who rammed the Crime Bill through Congress.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    the Massachusetts Democratic Party helping college students orchestrate a hit piece on Alex Morse that would stoke phobic stereotypes).
    Unreal the bull that they played there.

Imagine doing all that for an internship. pathetic

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    am i one of the "biden supporters" who constantly said he's near the bottom of my list during the dem primaries (only ahead of bloomberg), contributed to warren and sanders campaigns, primaried against biden, have not and will not support his campaign financially (by that metric turns out will is a bigger biden supporter than i am), but will begrudgingly vote for him because 4 more years of a trump administration terrifies me?

i'm sorry that i dont hold the position that i dont care about civil rights of people who dont vote the way i want them to
    Sorry, that shouldn’t have been targeted at you since your response to me was on a nuanced issue.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Unreal the bull that they played there.

Imagine doing all that for an internship. pathetic
    FTR, I gave A LOT more to Morse, Sanders and Cori Bush than I’ve given to Biden

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, that shouldn’t have been targeted at you since your response to me was on a nuanced issue.
    arite... but in the context of us being in the middle of a back and forth, seemed directed at me. will take your word tho

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    arite... but in the context of us being in the middle of a back and forth, seemed pretty clearly directed at me. will take your word tho
    No it was in response to you but I’m saying it shouldn’t have been. I was more annoyed with the other posters making excuses for how a huge house majority and a 59 senator majority wasn’t enough for Obama to get anything beyond Bob Dole’s healthcare bill done in 2 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    here's a handy voter's guide btw

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Really don't get why people try to make people feel bad for not voting for that racist rapist with the blue next to his name

Hispanics overwhelmingly supported Bernie, and was set to win the election handily after Nevada, but the entire establishment got in line to make sure it did not happen. This isn't the progressives fight anymore.Not voting for Biden now and maybe never again voting democrat.

I live in California and most progressives live in coastal states that vote blue anyways, so I doubt it changes anything

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do you explain the first two years before 2010 midterms? Obama had a huge house majority and 59 senators, he was just too much of a pussy to blow the filibuster up when McConnell was playing hardball, and deep down he knew his corporate sponsors didn’t want a real stimulus bill or for him to change the status quo too much. That’s what the entire Pelosi/Schumer/Clinton Democratic Party has been about for the last 30 years, preserving the status quo and never seeking reform that might upset their corporate sponsors.

The bad midterm turnout has to do with the fact the Democratic Party has no ideals it stands for beyond beating Republicans. That’s why midterm turnout is great when there is a Republican in the White House (see 2006 and 2018) but when it’s a Dem in the White House they regularly give up seats. There’s no progressive turnout because the Democratic Party actively tries to suppress support for progressive candidates (case and point, the Massachusetts Democratic Party helping college students orchestrate a hit piece on Alex Morse that would stoke phobic stereotypes).

I really don’t care about civil rights when black people cant even bother to show up to vote tbh. It doesn’t affect me, I’d rather focus on things like healthcare. If black people want reform they should show up and vote, we wouldn’t have Trump as president if they voted in 2016. When they do show up to vote they should also maybe look for a candidate who isn’t a former pro segregation Delaware Dixiecrat.
    ironically the African American vote is what made Biden the nominee.

second, do you think the mainstream r’s agreed with the birther tea party in 2010? Oh course they didn’t.

but that block made themselves the driving force it republicanism the last decade.

You want the b Dems to treat you special when you don’t show up. That is incredibly shortsighted and shallow.

and yikes the racist overtones

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Isn't Capt Bringdown from Thailand?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The comment you quoted was about the fact they don’t vote at all. Why should I care about their civil rights when they don’t themselves? I’m not even joking, why is it so ing hard for black people to vote with any semblance of reliability outside of when it was a black candidate on the ticket? Before you say voter suppression, the fact they’re part of a demographic who politicians are trying to suppress should only make them more motivated to vote. I’d wait in line all ing day to cast a ballot if I thought it was against someone who was intentionally putting up road blocks to suppress my vote.

Regardless, the candidate I voted for in the primary cares a lot more about their civil rights than Trent Lott’s drinking buddy from back in the day who rammed the Crime Bill through Congress.
    but isnt that the whole plantation meme, that they only care about black people for their vote?

if there was systemic discrimination against white southern farmers who overwhelmingly support trump, i'd fight to end that too.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No it was in response to you but I’m saying it shouldn’t have been. I was more annoyed with the other posters making excuses for how a huge house majority and a 59 senator majority wasn’t enough for Obama to get anything beyond Bob Dole’s healthcare bill done in 2 years.
    ah you have morphed into that guy.

ok, I have no idea how old you are, but will you’re still omitting a whole lot of context

and I contributed to, and voted for warren

i was a national delegate for bernie in 2016, because he was the only guy talking about the real issue in this country, which is wealth inequality But the online bro logic pushed me away fun him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really don't get why people try to make people feel bad for not voting for that racist rapist with the blue next to his name

Hispanics overwhelmingly supported Bernie, and was set to win the election handily after Nevada, but the entire establishment got in line to make sure it did not happen. This isn't the progressives fight anymore.Not voting for Biden now and maybe never again voting democrat.

I live in California and most progressives live in coastal states that vote blue anyways, so I doubt it changes anything
    probably because that at ude, imo, just says that the actual differences between trump and biden dont personally affect you so you dont really care either way between them. their differences might not be where you care the most, or wide enough to the point you'd care... but they are there. and they will impact millions

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    probably because that at ude, imo, just says that the actual differences between trump and biden dont personally affect you so you dont really care either way between them
    Because they really don't.

Biden set this country down the road we are on throughout his life with his right wing agenda and now we're supposed to relate to a guy who took corporate money and defends the state of Israel. He's a s bag corporate shill.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    probably because that at ude, imo, just says that the actual differences between trump and biden dont personally affect you so you dont really care either way between them. their differences might not be where you care the most, or wide enough to the point you'd care... but they are there. and they will impact millions
    And the "changes anything line" was meant for the outcome.

But yes. RGB should have been retired and the stupid decisions the democrats have constantly made aren't going to hold me hostage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    probably because that at ude, imo, just says that the actual differences between trump and biden dont personally affect you so you dont really care either way between them.
    Because they really don't.
    i guess we just axiomatically disagree at that point on whether or not thats a good enough reason not to vote

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    ironically the African American vote is what made Biden the nominee.

second, do you think the mainstream r’s agreed with the birther tea party in 2010? Oh course they didn’t.

but that block made themselves the driving force it republicanism the last decade.

You want the b Dems to treat you special when you don’t show up. That is incredibly shortsighted and shallow.

and yikes the racist overtones
    What do you mean when I don’t show up? I’ve voted in every midterm and general election since I turned 18, and most of the primaries along the way as well (when I say most I didn’t vote in uncontested primaries).

The mainstream Rs saw the tea baggers as a way to drag the whole country to the right and to make it so the establishment Republicans seemed like the sensible ones who Democrats should work with, even though the establishment Republican ideas were only a little less ty than the tea bagger ideas. It’s a strategy the Dems should emulate, don’t you think cutting a deal with Pelosi is something the Republicans will be more inclined to do when the alternative is dealing with AOC?

I don’t want the Dems to treat anyone special, I want them to create a level playing field where voters can decide on the issues. That’s not happening now. Every time we get a Democratic candidate who supports single payer healthcare, MSNBC gets a panel together that usually includes that Claire McCaskill and James Carville to talk about how UNELECTABLE said candidate is. Here’s a thought - rather than tell voters who is and isn’t electable and play games with endorsements, just let voters decide for themselves so we end up with the candidate who was able to generate the most popularity and support.

And yes, I agree it’s ironic that black people are the ones who voted for Captain Crime Bill as the Democratic nominee.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    typical of a spurfan to take my post out of context, though. Classless organization

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    but isnt that the whole plantation meme, that they only care about black people for their vote?

if there was systemic discrimination against white southern farmers who overwhelmingly support trump, i'd fight to end that too.
    Speak for yourself on that one. For amount of Trump supporters have put this country through they should be paying as reparations when this is all over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    typical of a spurfan to take my post out of context, though. Classless organization
    what context did i leave out?

Thread Information