Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lamo why in the world would Charlotte trade for Kawhi? They had abetter shot of keep Kemba than Kawhi. They weren't even a playoff team.

Actually find reliable sure, not some made up bs, that doesn't even make sense.
    It's not made up bs simply because you don't like the source. Jordan wanted to get rid of Kemba for a while simply because he did not feel he was legit franchise player and was not willing to pay him the super max. It was a situation where if #2 walked it was still a win win for Jordan simply because he was never going to resign Kemba anyways. Also what does the hornets not being a playoff team have to do with them trying to trade with #2?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kemba has 1 year left, then an unrestricted free agent right. They have no valuable young pieces, maybe 11 (i still think spurs would draft Lonnie here) , likely a lottery protected 2019 pick. I think the only way Kemba stays if we 5 year max him, charlotte doesn't even want to max him. Don't know if that's better, green would probably be another overpay. Then you have no cap flexibility for the next 4 years with Kemba as your best player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I heard that the Lakers refused to offer Ingram in any deal for Leonard.
    I imagine they're feeling pretty damn stupid for not doing so now. It's going to cost them a Championship because Nephew will kill the Lakers. Damn, didn't want to give up a MIP candidate for an eventual 2 time Finals MVP. Same with Celtics. If they don't reach the Finals this year, the mumbling is going to start re: Danny Ainge's tenure as GM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I imagine they're feeling pretty damn stupid for not doing so now. It's going to cost them a Championship because Nephew will kill the Lakers. Damn, didn't want to give up a MIP candidate for an eventual 2 time Finals MVP. Same with Celtics. If they don't reach the Finals this year, the mumbling is going to start re: Danny Ainge's tenure as GM.
    They got greedy and felt they could sign #2 in FA. They wanted to keep Ingram and add #2.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, it's been over two years now. Enough of the woulda shouldas, if you can't get over it, kill yourself. Right or wrong, time to move on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Charlotte deal is unreal
    Why give up Kemba plus high pick for one year useless #2 rental.
    please look smtimes from 2nd team perspective.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Charlotte deal is unreal
    Why give up Kemba plus high pick for one year useless #2 rental.
    please look smtimes from 2nd team perspective.
    As someone who lives in Charlotte I follow the Hornets pretty closely you have to look at it from Jordan's perspective. Jordan did not want to keep Kemba he had leaked it out a bunch of times to the local media starting from the summer of 2017.Jordan didn't believe Kemba was a legit superstar and worthy of max money since he hadn't any success of building a team around him. Hornets also missed the playoffs in 2017 and were destined to be a lottery team for the next few season. So in Jordan's eyes losing Kemba wasn't a big deal because they weren't winning with him anyways and had little to no success with him being the franchise player.

The allure of #2 for Jordan was that he would finally get the superstar he desired even if it was only for 1 season. Jordan is delusional and was willing to take the risk simply because of his brand and influence that he would believe he would have a chance to convince #2 to stay with the hornets.

Hornets probably would not have given up a lottery pick for #2 but they were willing to give up Kemba and a bunch of role players for him. I would have still taken that deal and just started the rebuild from that point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good point. I still believe there was more better options then Leonard scenario or even Kemba for Rozier and 2rd pick. Jordan is Jordan

Thread Information