Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    this front office has gotten wack.........first dennis lindsey is hired & then the worst gm of all time brian wright is hired & tanked the franchise

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    we couldve had a dominate center........instead we r stuck with a sawft depressed compton crip

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's wait and see how Keldon turns out before we cry about this one

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop even picked some scrub over him for fiba last year iirc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘Had a shot at’ doesn’t even mean that MIA and SAS even talked, just that would have been what was necessary to pry him loose. They ACTUALLY passed on Jaylen plus Jayson in February. Be upset about that, not some speculation.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘Had a shot at’ doesn’t even mean that MIA and SAS even talked, just that would have been what was necessary to pry him loose. They ACTUALLY passed on Jaylen plus Jayson in February. Be upset about that, not some speculation.
    Where did you hear they got offered both Tatum and Brown?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure Tatum was never on the table. It was Jaylen Brown and a couple other non factor pieces.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bam would not have been a game changer for this franchise. No trade for #2 was going to be fair. I’m just upset the spurs didn’t send him to the Hornets for Kemba. He would not have won a le with the hornets and would not have the media platform he has now because of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bam would not have been a game changer for this franchise. No trade for #2 was going to be fair. I’m just upset the spurs didn’t send him to the Hornets for Kemba. He would not have won a le with the hornets and would not have the media platform he has now because of it.
    Damn, I'd never considered the Hornets as a trade scenario. Their picks would've been very valuable as well, seeing as they're a constant show, and Kemba would have added a lot of character and true vet leadership to this team.

Still, butterfly effect and all that. We can't be sure that we would've gotten Keldon using the Hornets' pick, so until I see conclusive signs that he isn't the real deal, I'm happy with what we got, tbh.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i just wanna remind u guys that we couldve also had an MIP Ingram. Lots of bad moves after kawhis trade (included). Btw talking that this toronto trade was good bc we have keldon now is a yy argument. We could have keldon with 19th pick but spurs picked luka. It shows that sours aint so good in drafting players

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i just wanna remind u guys that we couldve also had an MIP Ingram. Lots of bad moves after kawhis trade (included). Btw talking that this toronto trade was good bc we have keldon now is a yy argument. We could have keldon with 19th pick but spurs picked luka. It shows that sours aint so good in drafting players
    The Spurs have a track record of drafting better than other teams, they're not fortune tellers. There's a difference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i just wanna remind u guys that we couldve also had an MIP Ingram.
    I heard that the Lakers refused to offer Ingram in any deal for Leonard.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, I'd never considered the Hornets as a trade scenario. Their picks would've been very valuable as well, seeing as they're a constant show, and Kemba would have added a lot of character and true vet leadership to this team.

Still, butterfly effect and all that. We can't be sure that we would've gotten Keldon using the Hornets' pick, so until I see conclusive signs that he isn't the real deal, I'm happy with what we got, tbh.
    Hornets wanted #2 badly. They had offered Kemba to the spurs but the spurs rejected them. Spurs could have gotten Kemba and some good role players along with draft picks from the hornets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure Boston never put both Tatum and Brown on the table.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure Boston never put both Tatum and Brown on the table.
    It was rumored that they did, in February, before things got terrible and SA lost all leverage. Remember, this was before either of them had showed anything. Later that year in the playoffs, they broke out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah FO are a bunch of screwups now days but Miami got lucky. Bam way better than thought at first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi to Sacramento for the #2 to draft Doncic was the real failure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was rumored that they did, in February, before things got terrible and SA lost all leverage. Remember, this was before either of them had showed anything. Later that year in the playoffs, they broke out.
    rumor was neither was on the table.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus if this trade for Bam + scraps went down at the time, PATFO would have been lambasted as the worst FO in history. It's only this season that Bam is beginning to flourish. Spurs FO got what they wanted in a vet with proven scoring ability that Pop could mentor and get some more production out of. In spurts, DeMar has been a great fit here, as a scorer and distributor. And probably about the best the FO could get at the time the trade was made.

If they had tried in November or October when his thigh owie was showing signs of being seriously degenerative, they could have gotten much more, but this FO has been far from decisive with their players. Besides Bertans, who they ejected out of here ridiculously easily.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only real solid deal I heard was LAC for their two pics and Tobias Harris. Two late Lottery pics and a soon to be FA. Even that wasn't a lot.
    I've heard Tatum was never on the table.

While a lot was tossed out there- it was more speculation. Outside of the Clips no one was offering much because he was a soon to be FA, was "possibly" injured and said he wanted to go to LA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi to Sacramento for the #2 to draft Doncic was the real failure.
    That pick was never on the table. Sacremento wasn't willing to deal for #2 unless #2 agreed to sign an extension. #2 had made it clear around that time he was LA bound.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wasn't Brown and Tatum...it was Brown, Smart, i think maybe another filler player, and any combinations of the pics the celtics had at the time

Now the story goes that the spurs self sabotaged and said it would have to be brown and tatum and the celtics rightfully hung up the phone...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jury's still out on the Kawhi trade... if the Spurs get anything of use out of a DeRozan trade and add it to Keldon Johnson and Poeltl, it could end up being a pretty good haul.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jury's still out on the Kawhi trade... if the Spurs get anything of use out of a DeRozan trade and add it to Keldon Johnson and Poeltl, it could end up being a pretty good haul.
    Still the most one-sided trade in the history of the NBA and always will be.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wasn't Brown and Tatum...it was Brown, Smart, i think maybe another filler player, and any combinations of the pics the celtics had at the time

Now the story goes that the spurs self sabotaged and said it would have to be brown and tatum and the celtics rightfully hung up the phone...
    I think that was what happened after the season (the self sabatoge). I don't know what the celtics or anybody else put on the table in February though because we (by we I mean pop) was convinced they could sign kawhi on a team friendly contract. I do think it's plausible that we could've gotten Tatum and brown at that point though. Brown wasn't nearly as coveted back then. He would have been the sweetener in a Tatum trade.

Thread Information