Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ash-head-coach

Finally, Nets will be able to stay on sides on a break.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Big risk asking a guy with no coaching experience to manage two of the whiniest personalities in the NBA.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    He handled diva mode Amare and Matrix at his whiniest, and basically did D’Antoni’s job for him, so he at least has some experience there.
    That's true, managing the Amare/Marion drama was something Nash did, D'antoni did jack on that front. At one point Nash actually asked the Arizona Republican to run a story on the front cover of the sports section about how important Marion was because Marion felt underappreciated

As whiny as they were though, neither one was half as much of a cancer as Kyrie is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if he's going to apply d'Antoniball

Veteran
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    "Ladies & Gentlemen, there's no way around this. It's white privilege. This doesn't happen for a black man. No experience on any level whatsoever as a coach and you get the Brooklyn Nets job?" - Stephen A. Smith

https://youtube.com/watch?v=kRyGZr-ezWE

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Ladies & Gentlemen, there's no way around this. It's white privilege. This doesn't happen for a black man. No experience on any level whatsoever as a coach and you get the Brooklyn Nets job?" - Stephen A. Smith

https://youtube.com/watch?v=kRyGZr-ezWE
    Or maybe KD and Kyrie are the ones who wanted Nash?

And let's not forget Mark ended up creating a toxic environment in GS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are KD and Flat Earth considered a championship base? With CIA Popped to lead them. I wish it would have happened.

FOH.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Doesn’t work with the NBA because it is a league that has done the same with former black players. Derek Fisher and Jason Kidd got head coaching gigs with no coaching experience. Joe Dumars and Michael Jordan got top executive positions with no experience. Go back to Magic coaching the Lakers with no experience.

This one doesn’t fit white privilege. Doesn’t smell like it. Doesn’t work in a league that has promoted the hiring of black candidates with no experience.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SAS is a moron, there is no way around this.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    double post

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SAS is a moron, there is no way around this.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes sense. Nash lives in the area and is already friends with Durant. Guys like KD and Kyrie don't want somebody like Pop screaming at them every practice. They want a former player that will act as their puppet/buddy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never saw Nash as a guy that would be into coaching, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now THIS is white privilege

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s probably hoping this is another Golden State Steve Kerr situation where with Durant/Kyrie you can win 50+ games without even trying and build up a fake reputation and then never be out of work due to that.
    Sure, but even then. I saw Nash in the same mold as Manu or Dirk. Smart guys that would be fully capable of being NBA coaches, but that just don't feel like it. They would much rather spent their lives doing anything else.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Steve needs that paper. He’s got a bunch of kids now, all young.

Isn’t his current girlfriend/wife still in her 20s or some ? Prolly more rugrats in the future.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, but even then. I saw Nash in the same mold as Manu or Dirk. Smart guys that would be fully capable of being NBA coaches, but that just don't feel like it. They would much rather spent their lives doing anything else.
    As JamStone said, Nash needs the money for the child support payments.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Over-rated loser joining head cases - this will explode in their face and Marks just failed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll be a good coach with some early success and then get thrown under the bus by Durant when KD doesn't win. Basically he'll be JKidd 2.0, soon to be an assistant on another franchise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steve needs that paper. He’s got a bunch of kids now, all young.

Isn’t his current girlfriend/wife still in her 20s or some ? Prolly more rugrats in the future.
    Must have burned through that free 10m he got from the Lakers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now THIS is white privilege
    Yeah and this he's tight with Durant and to a lesser extent Irving talk ignores the fact that Jackson supposedly is too and to a lesser extent Lue.

There's no problem with it in and of itself obviously other than what it represents: Another job with potentially contending type talent going to a white guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And in Brooklyn no less.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As JamStone said, Nash needs the money for the future child support payments.
    FIFY

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah and this he's tight with Durant and to a lesser extent Irving talk ignores the fact that Jackson supposedly is too and to a lesser extent Lue.

There's no problem with it in and of itself obviously other than what it represents: Another job with potentially contending type talent going to a white guy.
    Jackson and Lue suck though.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Doesn’t work with the NBA because it is a league that has done the same with former black players. Derek Fisher and Jason Kidd got head coaching gigs with no coaching experience. Joe Dumars and Michael Jordan got top executive positions with no experience. Go back to Magic coaching the Lakers with no experience.

This one doesn’t fit white privilege. Doesn’t smell like it. Doesn’t work in a league that has promoted the hiring of black candidates with no experience.
    This and Fizdale a prominent black coach said the same.SAS screamed about it ...but only good point made is black coaches get the job ops and are gone in a year or two ...nets on paper looks like a great job but with a ton of pressure...

Thread Information