Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope he stays tbh but on a short deal to apply pressure on their GM
    Agreed that's best way for him to handle it.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No comprendo, Edwin.

Why would one's not wanting Freak to go to Lakers or Golden gots make one a Trumpstan?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Harden
    Gordon
    Covington
    Giannis
    Tucker

A player like Giannis would be flying spaghetti monster sent for Houston's defensive style.
    They don’t have assets to trade nor cap space to sign him as a free agent, not to mention his beef with Frauden. IMO, Mavs are the the best landing spot & they actually will have cap space to sign him.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Yeah you better that shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!

What assets you got? Gave up the kitchen sink for Pandemic P

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No comprendo, Edwin.

Why would one's not wanting Freak to go to Lakers or Golden gots make one a Trumpstan?

I associate accusations of corruption with Trump stans. My bad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I associate accusations of corruption with Trump stans. My bad
    cough Woodward tapes cough

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    cough Woodward tapes cough

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Toronto, GS, Lakers, Clippers, Miami .... all the "cool" spots and big markets which have been mentioned as possible destinations for Giannis seem to have old rosters that would need considerable retooling to have a good team around him. He doesn't just leave Milwaukee without making sure that he has a stable team around him for years to come/

Houston is in the same boat with two stars over 30, and Harden not being his best friend, even though basketball wise they might have the best style to attract him. Plenty of shooters, open space to drive, and other ballhandlers ... though again, Harden might be too much of a ballhandler. Russ would need to leave though.

I really think that basketball sense it makes sense for him in Dallas, Donnie has old connections with him, and KP and him have a basketball friendship as well. For the first time, I think we really have a chance.

I just want to make sure we don't want to over-emphasize the "Euro" connection with Luka, KP or even to Dirk. They are all from three different countries with few links with each other. KP and Luka also played for years in Spain before coming over, whereas Giannis was playing in Greece's second division without ever facing other elite players in the continent. (Side note, this is very similar to Dirk who was also an unkown in Europe, playing Germany's second division, which is even more of a basketball backwater than Greece. He never faced any of the European elite while in Germany). Giannis was also the son Nigerian immigrants to boot, who probably didn't even get a chance to travel outside Greece before getting his citizenship at age 18, in his last year living in Greece. "Europe" is probably a foreign concept for him to begin with. I know he feels partly Greek and partly Nigerian, but "Europe" to him probably means nothing.

If he comes to Dallas, it's because it's a good situation, with a stable franchise, and with basketball people he knows and trusts.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i'd say dallas has more of a shot than anybody tbh.

Thread Information