Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're not going to OD on it, or kill yourself, that's a step forward from pushing hydoxychloroquine, tbh...

But hopefully people in da zip code don't think they can just drop the masks and stop social distancing because muh miraculous D Vitamin...
    Why the extreme? Who said anything about dropping masks and stop social distancing? With the very limited things we can do with this relatively new/unknown virus, doesn't it make sense to put oneself in the best possible health/condition?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That 2012 link was just to show how important vitamin D is to autoimmunity and infections.
    Nobody claimed otherwise. The claim was that active Vitamin D receptors avoid developing the most pernicious effects of a COVID infection.

Most people infected with COVID that had to be hospitalized very likely had a blood test done, especially those sent to ICU, so it would be fairly trivial to look if the worst cases all happened to be Vitamin D deficient (or the vast majority of them).

A study showing that would give this theory more credence, and the fact that it hasn't materialized after 8 months makes it simply less credible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're not going to OD on it, or kill yourself, that's a step forward from pushing hydoxychloroquine, tbh...

But hopefully people in da zip code don't think they can just drop the masks and stop social distancing because muh miraculous D Vitamin...
    Ignored snark

Watch from about 13:00

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why the extreme? Who said anything about dropping masks and stop social distancing? With the very limited things we can do with this relatively new/unknown virus, doesn't it make sense to put oneself in the best possible health/condition?
    The claim was:

Such an inexpensive way to avoid severe covid-19 symptoms. Oh well.
    If that were to be true, then there's no problem with getting infected. As long as you chug on Vitamin D, you won't get severe covid-19 symptoms.

That's just simply not true, at least at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ignored snark

Watch from about 13:00

You already posted this. The paper he quotes only claims that Vitamin D "potentially could help", but make no assertions or proofs. He goes one a drivel over how he talked about Vitamin D.

Sorry, YouTube doctors are not the level here. Any serious scientist would publish a paper and present their proof, let the community dissect it. That's what the Spanish team did, and it's the right way to go about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The claim was:

If that were to be true, then there's no problem with getting infected. As long as you chug on Vitamin D, you won't get severe covid-19 symptoms.

Ok then. Nevermind.

Disclaimer: I have no financial stake in in BIG vitamins or BIG aspirin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You already posted this. The paper he quotes only claims that Vitamin D "potentially could help", but make no assertions or proofs. He goes one a drivel over how he talked about Vitamin D.

Sorry, YouTube doctors are not the level here. Any serious scientist would publish a paper and present their proof, let the community dissect it. That's what the Spanish team did, and it's the right way to go about it.

Do what you want.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok then. Nevermind.

Disclaimer: I have no financial stake in in BIG vitamins or BIG aspirin.
    I'm not saying you're trying to make a profit from it, tbh... I'm simply pointing out the claim really isn't there.

Like I said earlier, if you're Vitamin D deficient, it's a good idea to go out in the sun more often or take some Vitamin D, regardless of COVID.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do what you want.
    That's what I'm doing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not saying you're trying to make a profit from it, tbh... I'm simply pointing out the claim really isn't there.

Like I said earlier, if you're Vitamin D deficient, it's a good idea to go out in the sun more often or take some Vitamin D, regardless of COVID.

Like I said, do what you want.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like I said, do what you want.
    hopefully people in da zip code don't think they can just drop the masks and stop social distancing because muh miraculous D Vitamin...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm going to keep doing what I've been doing. And I had very mild case of covid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cases in "da zip code" haven't changed in over a month

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The claim was:

I see where the confusion is - I meant that I agree with his suggestion to take 2000IU vitamin D and low dose aspirin. Admittedly, I put it in the wrong post but if you re-read, it's pretty obvious.

I also think there is a big difference between being at 30 (lowest end of normal and just short of deficient) than being at the upper/high end closer to 100. What other options do we have available to us at home sitting around wondering if we're going to catch it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm going to keep doing what I've been doing. And I had very mild case of covid.
    Anecdote.

cases in "da zip code" haven't changed in over a month
    Good for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see where the confusion is - I meant that I agree with his suggestion to take 2000IU vitamin D and low dose aspirin. Admittedly, I put it in the wrong post but if you re-read, it's pretty obvious.

I also think there is a big difference between being at 30 (lowest end of normal and just short of deficient) than being at the upper/high end closer to 100. What other options do we have available to us at home sitting around wondering if we're going to catch it.
    Wearing a mask and social distancing are always solid options.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Me too - at least I feel like I'm doing something to boost my immunity and if I catch it, at least I tried.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2% ICU is better than 50% ICU, no?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2% ICU is better than 50% ICU, no?
    Sure*

*Not over the counter Vitamin D, and very low sample rate. Single study.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wearing a mask and social distancing are always solid options.
    I don't need to wear a mask or social distance at home.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure*

*Not over the counter Vitamin D, and very low sample rate. Single study.

Man, you really hate that study.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't need to wear a mask or social distance at home.
    That's true. Keeping in good health is always a good option too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, you really hate that study.
    How so? I'm actually pointing out what's on the study, since you seemingly left the details out. I want people informed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is so funny - the difference in both sides. One wonders how anything was ever thought of, explored, tried, invented before it became mainstream.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How so? I'm actually pointing out what's on the study, since you seemingly left the details out. I want people informed.
    Me too. If people don't want to take cheap vitamins to prevent death, that's their business.

Thread Information