Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never took flu shot (its not a vaccine nigas) and wont start now

I do think elders and sick should. I would if I was either.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm about to. I only started last year.
    This years made my shoulder sore as for about 12hrs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Me too.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never got the flu young or a bit older and now take the flu vaccine every year.
    So kids like rmt's or anyone else who cant take vaccines rely who rely on herd immunity wont get it.

I was pretty clearly a somewhat asymptomatic carrier. Very mild symptoms if any before the vaccine.
    You are welcome rmt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It made mine sore as well.
    I thought it was the guy at CVS in a rush because its never hurt before in the least.
    I can say it only hurt for only about 3 hours though. Weird.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If you go around elders or the sick or the young, you could carry the flu to them even if you are not showing symptoms. This is why I get inoculated. Not for me, for them.

One in three influenza-infected individuals is asymptomatic. Mathematic models of influenza transmission and control have included presymptomatic and asymptomatic individuals. The proportion of transmission by asymptomatic individuals, defined as Theta (Τ) in transmission models, is assumed to be one-third to one-half that of influenza-infected symptomatic individuals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^^^
    From “ Does Influenza Transmission Occur from Asymptomatic Infection or Prior to Symptom Onset?”

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf...35490912400205

Good article.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^^^
    From “ Does Influenza Transmission Occur from Asymptomatic Infection or Prior to Symptom Onset?”

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf...35490912400205

Good article.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So getting the shot not only protects you (as much as possible), it protects those who are more susceptible to exhibiting severe symptoms. This is especially important if you tend to the elderly or newborns.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you go around elders or the sick or the young, you could carry the flu to them even if you are not showing symptoms. This is why I get inoculated. Not for me, for them.

One in three influenza-infected individuals is asymptomatic. Mathematic models of influenza transmission and control have included presymptomatic and asymptomatic individuals. The proportion of transmission by asymptomatic individuals, defined as Theta (Τ) in transmission models, is assumed to be one-third to one-half that of influenza-infected symptomatic individuals.
    Yep... I've taken it for a few years now, no big deal, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh when I feel down w the flu I dont go around the weak and elders. Flu shot for healthy ppl is just a money scam

Sure covid is a different ballgame. Thatsbwhy we are social distancing.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never got the flu young or a bit older and now take the flu vaccine every year.
    So kids like rmt's or anyone else who cant take vaccines rely who rely on herd immunity wont get it.

I was pretty clearly a somewhat asymptomatic carrier. Very mild symptoms if any before the vaccine.
    You are welcome rmt.
    Before I thank you from WAAAY over here, maybe you can show any data backing up your claim that there is herd immunity for flu from the flu vaccine. From what I hear we're lucky if it is even 50% effective and hardly anyone I know takes it. So if you don't mind, I'll save my thanks till then.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Before I thank you from WAAAY over here, maybe you can show any data backing up your claim that there is herd immunity for flu from the flu vaccine. From what I hear we're lucky if it is even 50% effective and hardly anyone I know takes it. So if you don't mind, I'll save my thanks till then.
    How effective is the flu vaccine?
    CDC conducts studies each year to determine how well the influenza (flu) vaccine protects against flu illness. While vaccine effectiveness (VE) can vary, recent studies show that flu vaccination reduces the risk of flu illness by between 40% and 60% among the overall population during seasons when most circulating flu viruses are well-matched to the flu vaccine. In general, current flu vaccines tend to work better against influenza B and influenza A(H1N1) viruses and offer lower protection against influenza A(H3N2) viruses. See “Does flu vaccine effectiveness vary by type or subtype?” and “Why is flu vaccine typically less effective against influenza A H3N2 viruses?” for more information.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/vaccines-work/vaccineeffect.htm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. Flu shot is a scam. It does give some small protection to sick and elderly. Thats it. Its no vaccine

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How effective is the flu vaccine?
    CDC conducts studies each year to determine how well the influenza (flu) vaccine protects against flu illness. While vaccine effectiveness (VE) can vary, recent studies show that flu vaccination reduces the risk of flu illness by between 40% and 60% among the overall population during seasons when most circulating flu viruses are well-matched to the flu vaccine. In general, current flu vaccines tend to work better against influenza B and influenza A(H1N1) viruses and offer lower protection against influenza A(H3N2) viruses. See “Does flu vaccine effectiveness vary by type or subtype?” and “Why is flu vaccine typically less effective against influenza A H3N2 viruses?” for more information.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/vaccines-work/vaccineeffect.htm
    Called it

Covid shots will be similar. No vaccine here

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. Flu shot is a scam. It does give some small protection to sick and elderly. Thats it. Its no vaccine
    Neither my parents who are in their 80s nor my mother-in-law who is in her 90s takes the flu vaccine.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Called it

Covid shots will be similar. No vaccine here
    Covid is different for the elderly - parents and mother-in-law will be taking the vaccine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am trying to achieve herd immunity but you aren’t.
    what can I say?

Heard immunity has clearly worked for other vaccines that were required.
    i’m not going to stop taking the vaccine because you and hater won’t participate.
    i’m around too many people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neither my parents who are in their 80s nor my mother-in-law who is in her 90s takes the flu vaccine.
    so in your world everything is cool, so it must be the same and the rest of the world.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Covid is different for the elderly - parents and mother-in-law will be taking the vaccine.
    Yes. But its not a vacvine. Its a shot. Covid seasonal shot.

No vaccine.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am trying to achieve herd immunity but you aren’t.
    what can I say?

Heard immunity has clearly worked for other vaccines that were required.
    i’m not going to stop taking the vaccine because you and hater won’t participate.
    i’m around too many people.
    You are trying to achieve herd immunity with a vaccine that only works 40 - 60% and that is not required to get into K-12 schools or colleges. I thank you for your kind efforts even if I think your efforts are in vain. But maybe one day these flu vaccines will reach MMR effectiveness, AND all 50 states will require it for entrance to K-12 and colleges like Massachusetts but until then thanks from WAAAY across the country.

The MMR vaccine is very safe and effective. Two doses of MMR vaccine are about 97% effective at preventing measles; one dose is about 93% effective.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd/mea...ars%20of%20age.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump supporters promote herd immunity but don't know what it is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. But its not a vacvine. Its a shot. Covid seasonal shot.

No vaccine.
    https://ca.news.yahoo.com/covid-19-v...121709393.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    50-70% effectiveness

Seasonal shots required most likely everh 6 mlnths.

Sorry to break it to you. Not a vaccine

Thread Information