Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For a taste of how prime Tim Duncan would fare in today's league, let's see how he did in the playoffs vs the 2005 run and gun Suns.

27.4 ppg 13.8 rpg 3.2 apg 1.8 bpg shooting 53% from the field. Spurs win 4-1.

Mind you, Tim was playing on 2 bum ankles in this series, and at times had to guard guys like Quentin Richardson due to matchups

I think he would've been just fine

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For a taste of how prime Tim Duncan would fare in today's league, let's see how he did in the playoffs vs the 2005 run and gun Suns.

Mind you, Tim was playing on 2 bum ankles in this series, and at times had to guard guys like Quentin Richardson due to matchups

Denial isn’t just a river in Egypt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Denial isn’t just a river in Egypt
    Have you seen the trailer for Death on the Nile? Looks dope

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim Duncan was also killing AD on one leg in 2016 so...

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count

If you add the 2005 Phoenix Suns to the 2019-20 NBA, they’d rank 28th (out of 31 teams) in FGA, dead last in 3PTA, 21st in scoring, 30th in pace of play, ahead of only the Charlotte Hornets. Not really an accurate representation of today’s league.

And I believe that’s the series the mobile, jumpshooting big man in Stoudemire averaged like 37-38 points on Tim and the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Suns Averaged 110 PPG that year. The way the refs call it in 2020 they'd score around 160..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you add the 2005 Phoenix Suns to the 2019-20 NBA, they’d rank 28th (out of 31 teams) in FGA, dead last in 3PTA, 21st in scoring, 30th in pace of play, ahead of only the Charlotte Hornets. Not really an accurate representation of today’s league.

And I believe that’s the series the mobile, jumpshooting big man in Stoudemire averaged like 37-38 points on Tim and the Spurs.
    30th in pace? Well I'll be damned times have changed.

Regardless, if a peg-legged Tim Duncan could maintain all star level play in 2015, I think prime Timmy would be just fine. Best player in the league? Maybe not. Top 5-10? I'd say easily

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    30th in pace? Well I'll be damned times have changed.

Regardless, if a peg-legged Tim Duncan could maintain all star level play in 2015, I think prime Timmy would be just fine. Best player in the league? Maybe not. Top 5-10? I'd say easily
    If we put Giannis on the 99 Spurs and take Tim off.. Is he ever going to score the ball? Good Luck..

"Slow pace create my own shot half court.. Uh I am ed"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we put Giannis on the 99 Spurs and take Tim off.. Is he ever going to score the ball? Good Luck..

"Slow pace create my own shot half court.. Uh I am ed"
    Giannis would destroy the nba in 99. The talent level back then was so much lower he’d probably score 50 a game and Michael Jordan would be relegated to the second best player, way behind Giannis. In today’s nba Jordan would just be a glorified late career Dwayne Wade imho. A consistent 14 ppg scorer who can’t shoot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you think Jordan would even sniff an All Star Game in today’s nba I’ve got some beachfront property in San Antonio to sell you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

no

if those Suns played today they would take more FGA 3PTFGA etc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you think Jordan would even sniff an All Star Game in today’s nba I’ve got some beachfront property in San Antonio to sell you.
    Jordan would have his ass handed to him if he played today tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure if this is all just a schtick/trolling, or if y'all are that stupid. PlayBoban needs meds. Lefty...idk. I feel like you're just pushing back against the "today's NBA" crowd.

Either way, Jordan would dominate today, seeing as how a lesser version of him is arguably the best player in the league right now...so there's that.

Plus, that psycho wouldn't need to make up stories to get himself going in today's league. He'd just need a Twitter account

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    By who?

They would all be scared lil biznitches genuflecting to the GOAT, tbh

Pretty sure Lebron would be pulling all the strings he could to be his Pippen

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Not sure if this is all just a schtick/trolling, or if y'all are that stupid. PlayBoban needs meds. Lefty...idk. I feel like you're just pushing back against the "today's NBA" crowd.

Either way, Jordan would dominate today, seeing as how a lesser version of him is arguably the best player in the league right now...so there's that.

Plus, that psycho wouldn't need to make up stories to get himself going in today's league. He'd just need a Twitter account
    It is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you explain to me how a guard who can’t shoot and gets his points off low efficiency twos would be a star in this league? MJ would be lucky to even be a starter imho. He’d be an offensive liability in today’s nba.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Truth nuke. Great minds thinks alike tbh

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    So the guy who worked harder than everyone else in his era wouldn't develop a better 3 point shot in this era...why?

Can you explain to me how a guard who can’t shoot and gets his points off low efficiency twos would be a star in this league? MJ would be lucky to even be a starter imho. He’d be an offensive liability in today’s nba.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the guy who worked harder than everyone else in his era wouldn't develop a better 3 point shot in this era...why?
    He didn’t have the skill. If he did he would’ve made threes in his era. As it was he was a terrible shooter. 3 points is 3 points and we had the same 3 point line rule back then tbqh and yet Jordan couldn’t cut it. An overrated player imho.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    By who?

They would all be scared lil biznitches genuflecting to the GOAT, tbh

Pretty sure Lebron would be pulling all the strings he could to be his Pippen
    tbh ...

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    He didn’t have the skill. If he did he would’ve made threes in his era. As it was he was a terrible shooter. 3 points is 3 points and we had the same 3 point line rule back then tbqh and yet Jordan couldn’t cut it. An overrated player imho.
    That's because it was considered a bad shot. Jason Kidd was a horrific brick layer who developed a nice 3 point shot. Jordan would have done the same. His range wouldn't be that of Curry or Durant, but he'd at least have a decent corner 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's because it was considered a bad shot. Jason Kidd was a horrific brick layer who developed a nice 3 point shot. Jordan would have done the same. His range wouldn't be that of Curry or Durant, but he'd at least have a decent corner 3.
    It was just as good of a shot then as now. Three points is three points. He just didn’t that’s the talent. He’d be lucky to be a rotation player in today’s nba imho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too slow, too unskilled, can’t shoot, too immobile. Maybe he could have a solid career in China still, but no chance he could make it in today’s nba.
    I don't agree with you... he and Karl Townes are basically the same exact player. Carbon copies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unbelievably stupid take.

Thread Information