Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He didn’t have the skill. If he did he would’ve made threes in his era. As it was he was a terrible shooter. 3 points is 3 points and we had the same 3 point line rule back then tbqh and yet Jordan couldn’t cut it. An overrated player imho.
    He would develop a more credible three point shot obviously. But he wouldn’t have to overshoot the three. That would limit his game. Nobody can stop his mid range attack. And nobody can stop him from getting to the basket especially in his youth. He’s one guy nobody should ever be questioning dominance in today’s game. You can’t even touch him. The Pistons would clothesline him to the deck and he still was averaging 35 a game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the guy who worked harder than everyone else in his era wouldn't develop a better 3 point shot in this era...why?
    In a league in which James Harden is winning scoring les, you have somebody claiming that Michael Jordan would be ineffective. That is some serious trolling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giannis would destroy the nba in 99. The talent level back then was so much lower he’d probably score 50 a game and Michael Jordan would be relegated to the second best player, way behind Giannis. In today’s nba Jordan would just be a glorified late career Dwayne Wade imho. A consistent 14 ppg scorer who can’t shoot.
    Do you honestly believe this guy is a better athlete and more skilled basketball player than a prime version of David Robinson? Did you actually watch David play in his youth? David could shoot the mid range jumpshot. David could score easily in the half court setting. He was a monster defensively. He could run the court like a deer. I’m not hearing any explanation for how Giannis is going to score the basketball with a slower pace and a half court setting. He can’t shoot, he has no low post moves, he doesn’t even make that many free throws. So what?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    If you add the 2005 Phoenix Suns to the 2019-20 NBA, they’d rank 28th (out of 31 teams) in FGA, dead last in 3PTA, 21st in scoring, 30th in pace of play, ahead of only the Charlotte Hornets. Not really an accurate representation of today’s league.

And I believe that’s the series the mobile, jumpshooting big man in Stoudemire averaged like 37-38 points on Tim and the Spurs.
    Amare averaged 37 b/c the strategy was not to help off shooters on PnR (3 > 2)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you honestly believe this guy is a better athlete and more skilled basketball player than a prime version of David Robinson? Did you actually watch David play in his youth? David could shoot the mid range jumpshot. David could score easily in the half court setting. He was a monster defensively. He could run the court like a deer. I’m not hearing any explanation for how Giannis is going to score the basketball with a slower pace and a half court setting. He can’t shoot, he has no low post moves, he doesn’t even make that many free throws. So what?
    Yes, I watched my man DRob and he is not made for today’s NBA. He would have to work his way up through the G league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He would develop a more credible three point shot obviously. But he wouldn’t have to overshoot the three. That would limit his game. Nobody can stop his mid range attack. And nobody can stop him from getting to the basket especially in his youth. He’s one guy nobody should ever be questioning dominance in today’s game. You can’t even touch him. The Pistons would clothesline him to the deck and he still was averaging 35 a game.
    Three point shots don’t grow on trees. If he could shoot better, he would’ve in his era. But he didn’t have the talent of today’s cats, so he never was able to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a league in which James Harden is winning scoring les, you have somebody claiming that Michael Jordan would be ineffective. That is some serious trolling.
    Ad hominem attack per par, can’t argue with my truth nukes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Three point shots don’t grow on trees. If he could shoot better, he would’ve in his era. But he didn’t have the talent of today’s cats, so he never was able to.
    When he came into the league he was known as a great athlete, defensive player that simply drove to the basket. Second half of his career he destroyed everybody with his mid range attack. he had a great mid range game only a few seasons into his career. Even though he was still driving more. He can’t develop a three point shot? You’re kidding yourself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, I watched my man DRob and he is not made for today’s NBA. He would have to work his way up through the G league.
    He has everything that Giannis has athletically plus a diverse basketball skill set that Giannis doesn’t have. When all I have to do defensively is build a wall to prevent you from going to the basket to shut down your offensive repertoire. Your skill set sucks. I don’t need a team full of a plus athletes to stop that.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    if your big cant hit a three or make plays for others, he’d be sitting on the bench on this era

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if your big cant hit a three or make plays for others, he’d be sitting on the bench on this era
    Giannis Three point attempts are comical at best. He also can’t shoot the ball from 15, 20 feet He can barely shoot the ball from 5 feet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

old gimpy Duncan taking over a close out game against Ibaka Durant and Westbrook. You mean to tell me a young Duncan couldn’t dominate those same players who are in the league today?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

old gimpy Duncan taking over a close out game against Ibaka Durant and Westbrook. You mean to tell me a young Duncan couldn’t dominate those same players who are in the league today?
    To stop Tim Duncan from scoring the basketball you had to do more than build a wall to cut off driving lanes. The lack of skill sets from the big Man today is pathetic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When he came into the league he was known as a great athlete, defensive player that simply drove to the basket. Second half of his career he destroyed everybody with his mid range attack. he had a great mid range game only a few seasons into his career. Even though he was still driving more. He can’t develop a three point shot? You’re kidding yourself.
    If he could develop a three point shot, why didn’t he? Are you saying he was lazy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lakerfan gets it imho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he could develop a three point shot, why didn’t he? Are you saying he was lazy?

Jordan would average 40 today easily.. Again Harden puts up 35. Yeah Harden.. That's the dude in todays game that would be checking Mike..

Whew look at that suffocating D..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Jordan would average 40 today easily.. Again Harden puts up 35. Yeah Harden.. That's the dude in todays game that would be checking Mike..

Whew look at that suffocating D..

trash take

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Play Boban" Average Take

"Jordan is garbage"

"Yeah that's all"..

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching a conference finals featuring Howard, Millsap, etc. And even ty Anthony Davis being discussed as best player in the playoffs.

SMH that this thread was made, tbh.

Thread Information