My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Giannis reminds me of Shaq if Shaq wasn't skilled at basketball

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    If you're going to slander Giannis, at least compare him to someone who actually shows up in the playoffs.

Frauden is a huge hypocrite anyway. His only skills are chucking and flopping.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giannis reminds me of Shaq if Shaq wasn't skilled at basketball
    Shaq had a stretch early in his career where he ended up getting swept 5 out of 6 years in the playoffs. Many people doubted he would ever get it together after the Spurs swept him in '99.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Remember Giannis crowning himself during the regular season?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Shaq had a stretch early in his career where he ended up getting swept 5 out of 6 years in the playoffs. Many people doubted he would ever get it together after the Spurs swept him in '99.
    Shaq was putting up 30/10 when he was getting swept instead of being outplayed by someone a caliber of Bam Bam

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    didnt jordan also loss like 6 straight years b4 getting out of first round

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Jordan was the player in every series he lost & wasn’t getting roasted by a butler.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GA is a fraud

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harden is the 2nd best player in the NBA, despite his historic choking. There's a huge gap after #1, though, unfortunately.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harden is the 2nd best player in the NBA, despite his historic choking. There's a huge gap after #1, though, unfortunately.
    Right now it's Kawhi >> LeBron >>> Harden, and the rest...who cares, tbh?

Game 1 was an easy-to-call great performance from Harden. Very little pressure. We'll see what happens going forward...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harden has had his embarrassing moments in the playoffs. Losing to the Durantless Warriors last year. Losing to the Spurs in overtime in game 5 without #2 playing and getting blocked by Manu. Then following it up in game 6 by getting blown out by a spurs team without #2.

Giannis got exposed in this series but it's hard to say what the future holds for him when it comes to winning a le. Obviously he's not going to do it this year baring some miracle but to say he will never win it all is a bold prediction. I have seen all time greats like Shaq,Dirk, all have embarrassing moments before they finally figured out how to win it all.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaq was putting up 30/10 when he was getting swept instead of being outplayed by someone a caliber of Bam Bam
    Giannis is underachieving scoring wise on the offensive end getting only 22 points a game but overall his game has been fine. He's getting 13 rebounds, 7 assists per game so that shows me he's impacting the game in other ways. His biggest problem right now is that his offensive game is flawed. He has to develop 2 or 3 moves he can rely on in the half court when the defense is set. I would like to see him get a jump hook.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now it's Kawhi >> LeBron >>> Harden, and the rest...who cares, tbh?

Game 1 was an easy-to-call great performance from Harden. Very little pressure. We'll see what happens going forward...
    Why is Lebron better than Harden, though? Harden is currently a better scorer, slightly worse as a passer, has a higher offensive ceiling and is similar defensively.

Look at the attention Harden drew from LA last night, it's unmatched in the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jordan lost 3 straight years in a row in the first round before he finally got out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What "system"? The one where the primary creator plays spread pick and roll and either shoots a pull up jumper or gets near or to the rim to attempt to finish or kicks out for 3? Yeah, that's real unique in the '20 NBA.

There is no prime Jordan, O'Neal, Duncan or James, currently in the league. They all need specific cir stances to succeed at the highest level and unlike Curry, Durant and S bag, Antetokounmpo, Harden and Davis, haven't had those (yet?).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jordan was the player in every series he lost & wasn’t getting roasted by a butler.
    And if he had to play in this social media cancer, they'd be ting on him for 3 years for losing to the Pistons..

We used to admire our sports stars from a distance... Not Tweet every time they fart..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And if he had to play in this social media cancer, they'd be ting on him for 3 years for losing to the Pistons..

We used to admire our sports stars from a distance... Not Tweet every time they fart..
    The NBA has become like reality based TV show granted you can say this about other sports but I think the NBA is where it shows the most. There is no rivalries anymore so it's all about getting hyped about seeing Superstar X lose or Superstar Y winning. There is no joy in watching the process anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NBA has become like reality based TV show granted you can say this about other sports but I think the NBA is where it shows the most. There is no rivalries anymore so it's all about getting hyped about seeing Superstar X lose or Superstar Y winning. There is no joy in watching the process anymore.
    Every Word Of That Is Dead On...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is Lebron better than Harden, though? Harden is currently a better scorer, slightly worse as a passer, has a higher offensive ceiling and is similar defensively.

Look at the attention Harden drew from LA last night, it's unmatched in the league.
    The only reason is because Harden has yet to prove that he can be at that same level in high-stakes games. We'll see what happens this series...if Harden plays well throughout, I'd give it to him

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He gets away with fouling players. And traveling:

SMH

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember when the Blazers won g1 and everyone was all over Dame's nutz, how did that work out?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember when the Blazers won g1 and everyone was all over Dame's nutz, how did that work out?
    Agreed you have to assume the Lakers are going to comeback and win this series. The Lakers are still the favorites to win this series unless they get down 3-1 or 3-0. In any other scenario I wouldn't count them out.

Thread Information