Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Latest Ringer Mock has him going to Spurs at 11. ... The kid actually said in an interview he wasn't given much opportunity to pass the ball, LOL. Up there with i model my game after Lebron and KD. Agent needs to stop him from saying stupid things that make him look like an idiot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Latest Ringer Mock has him going to Spurs at 11. ... The kid actually said in an interview he wasn't given much opportunity to pass the ball, LOL. Up there with i model my game after Lebron and KD. Agent needs to stop him from saying stupid things that make him look like an idiot.
    There’s also the possibility that he genuinely IS a ing idiot. That will resolve itself during the interview process.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This strength over skill players are a big red flag in itself.

Pass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe he's right. Towns said he didn't much of a chance to shoot threes in college. Guys like Bam demonstrate skills they didn't show in college from time to time. Depending on the context, it seems like an okay answer. It's been than Stewart (?) answering question about switchability by claiming he was a "man-to-man defender". Like yeah, no, dude, you don't get to dictate to NBA teams whether they have a switching scheme or not. No one's gonna draft a man-defensive center to check all of the dominate seven-footers in the league. Compared to that lack of awareness, Achiuwa saying he thinks he has hidden talent seems downright eloquent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm guessing he meant he didn't have the chance to dominate the ball as much to prove his supposed passing prowess. By the look of things this guy really wanted to be a perimeter player on college.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm guessing he meant he didn't have the chance to dominate the ball as much to prove his supposed passing prowess. By the look of things this guy really wanted to be a perimeter player on college.
    I agree with you, it's a really promising sign to me. I think he can play the 4 or 5, and his developing perimeter abilities will turn him into a very dangerous player when combined with his defensive presence. He might not be all there yet in terms of understanding the game and his role in it, but he's got great instincts and a will to work on his game. You can see it in his dribbling and aggressiveness, dude just pulls it off the board and goes to attack by himself. Him and Keldon in a fast break would be a sight to behold, not to mention the defense with White, Lonnie and Dejounte. Spurs could return to their D-minded principles. More than anything out of this draft, whoever we pick, I don't want a defensive liability of a player, tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe if he was more willing to pass it would sound less stupid.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah he has that Metu kinda mindset when he catches the ball but still he was tied to the Spurs months ago so he maybe the kid we pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see him as a high energy 5....possibly becoming a stretch 5. This wouldn't be my pick at #11 if we run back what we have but if we're making other moves (trades) I wouldn't hate this pick.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He sounds a lot like LJC before the knee injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your boy Precious, Sugus

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am so ready for the Draft to be here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your boy Precious, Sugus

Thanks for all the info, as always, DJ. I don't have Twitter so it's all news to me. Sounds like there's mutual interest there if the Spurs selected him for an interview... And he's saying all the right things.

To be honest, I've cooled down on him somewhat, mainly because I'm really tired of low-BBIQ players on our team, even though Precious definitely could develop that aspect of his game. It's just one of the hardest intangibles to gauge, and especially without more recent games to see how the prospects have developed, it's a sort of red-flag. You can't get combine measurements on IQ. But despite that, I really think he'd thrive with our young core, I see him benefitting from our fast-paced new offensive style much more than someone like Smith, who likes to play on the low post and isn't such a transition machine. But I'd be fine with either pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess posting shirtless pics on your social is the new trend. This kid gotta be tough growing up named precious

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Omg - Good find Drew.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If someone on their board doesn’t fall, my intuition tells me that Precious is high on their list for targets. I see them looking for a SF to a C, and someone who has some fluidity between the positions. Now that I’ve watched a little bit of his tape, his upside seems higher than I thought, especially with his outlet passes and passing in transition. He can’t shoot like Jalen, which makes his development longer, but his movements are much more natural than Jalen, meaning he has some potential to play on the perimeter, whereas I see Jalen as more of a spotup shooter. His halfcourt IQ isn’t there presently or maybe ever, but he doesn’t seem to be a lazy player, which gives me hope. I’d much rather have him than Poku at 11.

He would play well with the young guns. If they draft him, you let Jakob walk, and get one more year out of Lamarcus while Precious learns. For a team rebuilding, it’s not an awful idea.
    Last edited by The Truth #6; 10-03-2020 at 10:42 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If someone on their board doesn’t fall, my intuition tells me that Precious is high on their list for targets. I see them looking for a SF to a C, and someone who has some fluidity between the positions. Now that I’ve watched a little bit of his tape, his upside seems higher than I thought, especially with his outlet passes and passing in transition. He can’t shoot like Jalen, which makes his development longer, but his movements are much more natural than Jalen, meaning he has some potential to play on the perimeter, whereas I see Jalen as more of a spotup shooter. His halfcourt IQ isn’t there presently or maybe ever, but he doesn’t seem to be a lazy player, which gives me hope.
    I was where you're starting off with Precious (see my hundreds of posts in the 11th pick draft thread where I believed in the hype), I had him much higher than Jalen. Watch a little bit more and you'll see his feel for the game is lacking. Basketball is a mind game. Lastly, for all the times people say "the Spurs will develop his shot", I would say they're not miracle workers. This isn't a Kawhi situation, Kawhi had a good foundation and didn't have as poor percentages as Precious. His free throw percentages point to the odds being against him ever being a good shooter. But, shooting isn't everything (Bam isn't a great shooter) and his strength would lie in playmaking off the dribble which would make him extremely useful if he reaches his potential there.

I'm not against drafting Precious, as I said before, it would be interesting for the Spurs to work with. Unfortunately, I see a lot of headaches for the first few years like what we experience with Dejounte as far as dumb, low BBall IQ plays happening frequently.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs had Keldon "rated the highest for his position in the draft." Sure they took Luka First, but they had to satisfy RC's id and draft Luka ahead of him, and apparently, CIA poop had bad Intel on who wanted him. Can you tell me who was a better rookie small forward than Keldon after it was all said and one?
    De'Andre Hunter, Cam Reddish, Cameron Johnson, Sekou Doumbouya, Mattise Theybule, Darius Bazley, Nassir Little, and Dylon Winder were all selected at SF before Keldon.

I guess you can say Zion is an SF because he is much shorter than Keldon(look at the game tapes on that bud), he was drafted as a PF, and he played Center for the Pelicans. Of course, as the first and founding member of the Kelondstans, I say he was better than ZION. Come on, man.

How can any thinking basketball fan, even Spurs Talk Eye Testers, say that Fat Lazy Zion had a better rookie season than Keldon? That being said, if they have Precious as "THE HIGHEST RATED PLAYER AT HIS POSITION DRAFT," how can you object to selecting him at 11? Even if you think his shot sucks. The bottom of that metric is MKG with the Hornets, and even that fool figured out how to make a 3 this year.

Zion Willaimson's Of Season Training Regimen.
    I agree with everything you said.

If we draft Precious, and RC comes out and says he was 1st on their list then yeah, I would be extremely hyped. But for now, no one knows.

And second, you're not the first and founding member of the Keldonstans... That's me, man. I had posts about him way before you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, let's dust off this thread a little.

I get the concerns about shooting. I have them myself. But after watching a lot of tape on Precious, probably more than any of his detractors, I can say I'm confident in his shot, much more so than Dejounte's (since he's the comparison given in terms of lower IQ/physical players). The mechanics are just fundamentally sound. There's no hitch, it's a fluid motion, he has good elevation, the follow-through is there, he sets his feet well. His dip is the only thing I'd critique, he definitely won't be given as much space as he was given in college, especially if he actually starts knocking the shots down. I've pulled two examples of his shot from his highlight reel, of course they don't paint a full picture, but it's enough to get my point across, I think:

(praying that they display well this time around...) (and I also gotta point out that I don't like his disengaging from the play after that screen in the second gif; he needs to be always set if he's gonna be a PnP kind of threat).

The second thing that's important about his shooting is - his mentality. The guy WANTS to shoot 3's. It is a MAJOR distinction from someone like DJ, who actively defers or refuses to take 3's when the opportunity arises. To me, having actually coached youth basketball, it's miles and miles easier to correct a shooter's motion deficiencies, than it is to convince a player who's shy of shooting, to do so. I see no hesitance in Precious' game, and that is what gives me hope. I can perfectly see him developing into a C&S player from deep; of course, it's not going to be a Jaylen Brown-esque, pull-up transition 3 game most likely, but it's not what you look for in a prospect like Achiuwa.

The real point where Achiuwa would realize his potential, would be to combine his dribbling, face-up game, with developed shooting mechanics. He is an avid transition player taking the ball up the court, but he's not good enough yet in isolation opportunities. That would be the "next step" for his game. And his recent training highlights show him working on his ball-handling, which is great to see. I think Achiuwa understands there's more value to him as a 4-5, than as a strict 5, and he's looking for that versatility. I don't ever see him playing the 3 with his body type, but I'm really interested in versatile 4-5 prospects, like him and Smith.

The BBIQ will always be up in the air. Some players develop it, some players don't, it's not an easy thing to even quantify or spot, let alone work on. My bottom-line is that I like Precious enough to be excited by him, but if the Spurs interview him and watch the film and don't like it, I'm alright with another pick. Just don't let it be a guard...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, let's dust off this thread a little.

I get the concerns about shooting. I have them myself. But after watching a lot of tape on Precious, probably more than any of his detractors, I can say I'm confident in his shot, much more so than Dejounte's (since he's the comparison given in terms of lower IQ/physical players). The mechanics are just fundamentally sound. There's no hitch, it's a fluid motion, he has good elevation, the follow-through is there, he sets his feet well. His dip is the only thing I'd critique, he definitely won't be given as much space as he was given in college, especially if he actually starts knocking the shots down. I've pulled two examples of his shot from his highlight reel, of course they don't paint a full picture, but it's enough to get my point across, I think:

(praying that they display well this time around...) (and I also gotta point out that I don't like his disengaging from the play after that screen in the second gif; he needs to be always set if he's gonna be a PnP kind of threat).

The second thing that's important about his shooting is - his mentality. The guy WANTS to shoot 3's. It is a MAJOR distinction from someone like DJ, who actively defers or refuses to take 3's when the opportunity arises. To me, having actually coached youth basketball, it's miles and miles easier to correct a shooter's motion deficiencies, than it is to convince a player who's shy of shooting, to do so. I see no hesitance in Precious' game, and that is what gives me hope. I can perfectly see him developing into a C&S player from deep; of course, it's not going to be a Jaylen Brown-esque, pull-up transition 3 game most likely, but it's not what you look for in a prospect like Achiuwa.

The real point where Achiuwa would realize his potential, would be to combine his dribbling, face-up game, with developed shooting mechanics. He is an avid transition player taking the ball up the court, but he's not good enough yet in isolation opportunities. That would be the "next step" for his game. And his recent training highlights show him working on his ball-handling, which is great to see. I think Achiuwa understands there's more value to him as a 4-5, than as a strict 5, and he's looking for that versatility. I don't ever see him playing the 3 with his body type, but I'm really interested in versatile 4-5 prospects, like him and Smith.

The BBIQ will always be up in the air. Some players develop it, some players don't, it's not an easy thing to even quantify or spot, let alone work on. My bottom-line is that I like Precious enough to be excited by him, but if the Spurs interview him and watch the film and don't like it, I'm alright with another pick. Just don't let it be a guard...
    Good post.

The #1 thing encouraging about Precious is he's practicing dribbling drills like the one clip I posted awhile back.

He wants to be that big who can do a bit of playmaking, and he has the athleticism and size to make it special.

As for the shot, yes, I agree he differs from Dejounte as far as wanting to take the shot. Most of the shots I've seen are out of rhythm, meaning he takes it because it looks like a good look but it's not one of his spots. He needs to first find certain spots on the court where he feels comfortable shooting, and practice from those areas first... than try to just shoot anywhere out-of-rhythm. This may be why his percentages are so low even though his form looks okay.

Speaking of form, I think Pat has the definition of perfect form and it's always consistent. His shoulders are always square. Precious needs to watch his tape.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - The form can be fixed , some analyst pointed that he sometimes shoots the ball sideways. I do think he has poor touch / aiming, I don't know if he can fix that, most players who have superior feel for the game can't figure out the touch and are out of the league because of it, he has both touch and feel for the game concerns.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has a brother named God'sgift, another named God'swill, and a third named Promise. He has two sisters named Grace and Peace.
    so... Precious & Grace... all he needs is a flathead Ford...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sugus

Thread Information