San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, I was legit curious to see him and Chet playing together
    You may never see that.

Both players are made out of glass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aleksej Pokusevski, SpursTalk legend and future OKC unicorn, has now been waived.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poku, we hardly knew ye. Just shows how the draft is a crapshoot. 17th pick in 2020.

Who do the Thunder sign now? I watched them last night, man, they are a great team. Fun to watch, lots of offensive flow, multiple guys who can create their own shot, great hustle. Made it all the more clear that we have a LONG way to go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Future MVP...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , OKC traded the draft rights to Jaden McDaniels and Immanuel Quickley to get this dude. Sam Presti, ing genius.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Ricky Rubio.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eventually OKC has to start making moves or just let their assets go. You can't keep and pay everyone. I'd rather have too many draft picks than none, but this is likely to be quite a trend with their roster space becoming very limited with all the picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eventually OKC has to start making moves or just let their assets go. You can't keep and pay everyone. I'd rather have too many draft picks than none, but this is likely to be quite a trend with their roster space becoming very limited with all the picks.
    this is why they need to start packaging picks for players and begin consolidating their assets

you have to think Shai/Chet/Jalen is a good enough foundation to start building out the edges of a contending roster

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is why they need to start packaging picks for players and begin consolidating their assets

you have to think Shai/Chet/Jalen is a good enough foundation to start building out the edges of a contending roster
    It better be, they have a nice basket of picks left, but none of them are going to be top picks. They may lose one of their two mid-lottery picks this year depending on what Utah does. IMO the lucky thing for them is that they're rising in an era when the last good western teams are falling. Peak Warriors would obliterate them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's sign him!
    He can be the enforcer next to Wenby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way, according to Spurstalk only our incompetent can have busts drafted in the 1st rounds. Every single 1st round pick should play 15 years and be at least starters, if not borderline all stars.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It better be, they have a nice basket of picks left, but none of them are going to be top picks. They may lose one of their two mid-lottery picks this year depending on what Utah does. IMO the lucky thing for them is that they're rising in an era when the last good western teams are falling. Peak Warriors would obliterate them.
    peak warriors obliterate most of nba history tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's sign him!
    Bamboo sticks can really hurt when struck over the shins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    peak warriors obliterate most of nba history tbh
    And when they were going to lose, they rolled out an enforcer to step under a player's ankles.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's sign him!
    He makes Wemby look like Ben Wallace. Did not they put players on a strength program in OKC? Because this mofo still looks like a stick in year 4. I was also wrong about Dieng being the only player not to learn to shoot from Chip. Poku never did, either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , OKC traded the draft rights to Jaden McDaniels and Immanuel Quickley to get this dude. Sam Presti, ing genius.
    Yeah, people here only trumpet his successes, not his failures like this or 3 FRPs for Dieng.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, people here only trumpet his successes, not his failures like this or 3 FRPs for Dieng.
    Drafting Alperen Sengun and trading him to the Rockets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drafting Alperen Sengun and trading him to the Rockets.
    Well, let's put it this way: if I'm going to pass on Sengun, I'd rather it be for 2 picks than for Josh Primo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, let's put it this way: if I'm going to pass on Sengun, I'd rather it be for 2 picks than for Josh Primo.
    Doesn't make it any less of a mistake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    two picks that have not yet conveyed and are uncertain when they will though

The Rockets traded two heavily protected first-round picks owned by the Pistons and Wizards for Sengun.The pick from the Pistons was top 16 protected in 2022 and top 18 protected in 2023, so it hasn't yet been conveyed. If it's not conveyed in 2024 (top 18 protected), 2025 (top 13 protected), 2026 (top 11 protected) or 2027 (top nine protected), it will turn into a 2027 second-round pick.
    The pick from the Wizards was top 14 protected in 2023. It also didn't convey. If it's not conveyed in 2024 (top 12 protected), 2025 (top 10 protected) or 2026 (top eight protected), it will turn into second round picks in 2026 and 2027.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't make it any less of a mistake.
    Not saying it wasn't, I'm just saying it seems a bit ironic to pick on Presti for it when lots of teams passed on Sengun and for much less, starting with the Spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    two picks that have not yet conveyed and are uncertain when they will though
    Yeah, definitely a steal by Houston, not arguing otherwise, Honestly, Houston has done better with their late teens drafting than with their top picks: Sengun + Tari Eason + Cam Whitmore vs Jalen Green + Jabari Smith Jr + Amen Thompson. Much better bang for the buck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Presti was gifted SGA, took a no-brainer in Chet Holmgren, and made a huge call on Jalen Williams. Cason Wallace looks pretty good. He's put together a great roster. But he's made a lot of mistakes, like really bad ones. Pokusevski instead of Quickley and McDaniels is astounding. It looks like Giddey instead of Franz Wagner was a massive mistake, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Presti was gifted SGA, took a no-brainer in Chet Holmgren, and made a huge call on Jalen Williams. Cason Wallace looks pretty good. He's put together a great roster. But he's made a lot of mistakes, like really bad ones. Pokusevski instead of Quickley and McDaniels is astounding. It looks like Giddey instead of Franz Wagner was a massive mistake, too.
    To be fair to Presti, when you have a zillion picks, it allows you to make mistakes (even massive ones). So at least he's done a good job putting himself in that position.

Thread Information