Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, for a post or two per time. Two pages of going back and forth insulting each other is boring for everyone involved and I don't feel like doing it. But I insist, if you feel like getting insulted just PM son and I'll take care of it for you, tbh.
    I don't get insulted by words meant to dehumanize the mentally disabled. I become insulted FOR those people from lowly s bags who think it's proper to throw words like that around. Go ahead and PM me if you wish. What are you going to do? Spam me with your childish emojis? All you have to do is send me a PM of your dumbass takes on NBA players and prospects like you normally do in each thread and I'll already feel insulted that someone could have such awful takes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sorry, but this DJ/DAF beef is just bizarre. I almost feel bad for Poke that his thread is being hijacked behind this Political Forum bull .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get insulted by words meant to dehumanize the mentally disabled. I become insulted FOR those people from lowly s bags who think it's proper to throw words like that around. Go ahead and PM me if you wish. What are you going to do? Spam me with your childish emojis? All you have to do is send me a PM of your dumbass takes on NBA players and prospects like you normally do in each thread and I'll already feel insulted that someone could have such awful takes.
    Dude, if I really wanted to make some damage I would use the personal information you stupidly shared here for no reason. But I don't. Just stop being such a butthurt, weak minded poster and stop taking everything said on a sports forum so seriously.

Now, if you excuse me, I will take my talents elswhere so as to stop boring people to death with this re ation, tbh.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    just saw a 30 second clip of him, do not draft. would be a major bust at #11.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read an article comparing him to Bertans ( tall movement shooter ) and Jokic ( passing IQ ) hybrid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just saw a 30 second clip of him, do not draft. would be a major bust at #11.
    From 30 seconds...just wow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read an article comparing him to Bertans ( tall movement shooter ) and Jokic ( passing IQ ) hybrid.
    I’ve seen “taller Bertans with better defense and rebounding”.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    From 30 seconds...just wow.
    really doesn’t take much TBH.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    really doesn’t take much TBH.
    Not if you’re predisposed, I guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see the Bertans comp. I've posted before about how I think Bjelica is a supercharged version of Bertans, with good shooting but more rebounds, assists, blocks, and steals. Bjelica can at least hold his own on defense, whereas Bertans generally can't. But that comparison makes sense to me. Poku's best case scenario defensively would be guarding an opposing team's lesser offensive threat at C, PF, or SF, and being allowed to be a kind of free safety for steals in the passing lanes, help side blocks, and defensive rebounds. On offense, his best use would be as a perimeter passer/initiator or 3 pt shooter-- in other words, a 7' SG. Other than shooting the three and being European, his game is nothing like Bertan's.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Bertans kinda got neutered by Pop by only allowing him to shoot the 3 ball I think he could have done a lot more but was regulated to run to a slot and then either pass or shoot the ball. Poku is going to have to have the ball in his hands a lot more then Bertans for him to be truly reach his true potential.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see the Bertans comp. I've posted before about how I think Bjelica is a supercharged version of Bertans, with good shooting but more rebounds, assists, blocks, and steals. Bjelica can at least hold his own on defense, whereas Bertans generally can't. But that comparison makes sense to me. Poku's best case scenario defensively would be guarding an opposing team's lesser offensive threat at C, PF, or SF, and being allowed to be a kind of free safety for steals in the passing lanes, help side blocks, and defensive rebounds. On offense, his best use would be as a perimeter passer/initiator or 3 pt shooter-- in other words, a 7' SG. Other than shooting the three and being European, his game is nothing like Bertan's.
    Agreed, Bertans is a player in the mold or JJ Red , Kyle Korver, Belinelli, Klay Thompson in the sense that he's pretty much a shooter that can hit coming off screens and spot ups but isn't someone that you can give the ball to and have him create. Whereas Pokusevski is a ball handler. Very different players on the offensive side of the ball.

On defense, however, I do see more of a similarity. They aren't liabilities by any means but they need to be Hidden on the lesser players of the opposing teams, with the difference that Pokusevski has the potential to be a playmaker on that end. Not a one on one stopper, but a guy that can create positive plays on a variety of ways.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    people mentioning his blocking ability... he may have good instinct but he's not gonna be meeting people that are 5'8 at the rim in the nba.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    surprised so many people are high on him tbh.

i don't trust his frame and that's something you can't change at all.

i'm getting a yi jianlian career sort of vibe. do not draft this man at #11.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are people ignoring the words Bertans and Jokic hybrid?

Jokic is the centerpiece of the offense and has one of the best vision in the game.

It's like people flip out when they read a player's name and ignore all context behind that sentence. Just like when I said Poku moves on the court like Jamal.

Bertans + Jokic hybrid is very much a different player than just Bertans.

DAF86 have you read my PM or we are going to be stuck in this cycle?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are people ignoring the words Bertans and Jokic hybrid?

Jokic is the centerpiece of the offense and has one of the best vision in the game.

It's like people flip out when they read a player's name and ignore all context behind that sentence. Just like when I said Poku moves on the court like Jamal.

Bertans + Jokic hybrid is very much a different player than just Bertans.

DAF86 have you read my PM or we are going to be stuck in this cycle?
    I saw it son, and I'm with you. I wasn't trying to argue with you, tbh. I was just agreeing with R. DeMurre that Pokusevski and Bertans aren't all that similar. FWIW, I know you aren't one of the people saying Pokusevski=Bertans, but there are a lot of other people that are, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw it son, and I'm with you. I wasn't trying to argue with you, tbh. I was just agreeing with R. DeMurre that Pokusevski and Bertans aren't all that similar. FWIW, I know you aren't one of the people saying Pokusevski=Bertans, but there are a lot of other people that are, tbh.
    With me? Which one, the first PM or the second PM? Just checking because the PM system doesn't work sometimes.

And all I'm saying is that if Poku has the elements of fast shooting release, off-ball tendencies, and marksmanship of Bertans while the rest of Poku's game is different... Is that so bad? Comparisons don't have to carry everything over, Poku isnt a stiff like Bertans but yeah I would want some aspects of Bertans (shooting) to be on a player like Poku. yeah I would say yes to a 7'0 player who moves as fast as Jamal, has most of his dribble set, and overall body fluidity of a guard like Jamal. Everything doesn't have to carryover.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With me? Which one, the first PM or the second PM? Just checking because the PM system doesn't work sometimes.

And all I'm saying is that if Poku has the elements of fast shooting release, off-ball tendencies, and marksmanship of Bertans while the rest of Poku's game is different... Is that so bad? Comparisons don't have to carry everything over, Poku isnt a stiff like Bertans but yeah I would want some aspects of Bertans (shooting) to be on a player like Poku. yeah I would say yes to a 7'0 player who moves as fast as Jamal, has most of his dribble set, and overall body fluidity of a guard like Jamal. Everything doesn't have to carryover.
    The chances of Poku ever developing into the kind of shooter Bertans is are pretty much none existent, imho. Not because Poku doesn't have the potential to be a very good shooter but because Bertans is just too elite on that aspect, he is arguably one of the top 5 best shooters in the World.

Bertans' game consists of coming off screens and spoting up waiting for opportunities. He's strictly an off-ball player, while Pokusevski is at his best when he is the one with the ball in his hands creating for others.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Spurs draft Poku, they should sign PJ Tucker.

PG: White
    SG: Keldon
    SF: Poku
    PF: PJ Tucker
    C: Poetl

On defense:

PG: White
    SG: Keldon
    SF: PJ Tucker
    PF: Poku
    C: Poetl

We would need a stocky, strong and tough forward who is fast enough to guard quick forwards/wings on defense with Poku on the floor.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 09-15-2020 at 06:41 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The chances of Poku ever developing into the kind of shooter Bertans are pretty much none existent, imho, not because Poku doesn't have the potential to be a very good shooter but because Bertans is just too elite on that aspect, he is arguably one of the top 5 best shooters in the World.

Bertans' game consists of coming off screens and spoting up waiting for opportunities. He's strictly an off-ball player, while Pokusevski is at his best when he is the one with the ball in his hands creating for others.
    Fair point on your first.

On the second, I don't think you are still understanding what I'm trying to say.... Poku will not have the ball 100% of the time. For the times he's playing off the ball, there's nothing wrong with saying he can be similar to Bertans in this aspect. 80% of the time he does have the ball, he's a wing with vision. If this is still not understood, forget it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, nobody is saying he will top out as Bertans or shoot the ball like Bertans. I think the Bertans thing is with regard to a big movement shooter. The article is saying the floor for Poku may not be so low, movement shooters regardless of defensive deficiencies are playable early.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simplis working with Poku, too. timvp ZeusWillJudge

Simplis posted on his IG stories of Poku training on his dribble.
    ace3g do you mind uploading these stories? Please and thank you.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love the idea of drafting this guy, but I’m not sure if he would ever be in a crunch time lineup in the playoffs, even if he does pan out. But on the other hand, in three years when his game starts to come around, ideally, who knows how much the league will have changed to accommodate players like him. It’s a head scratcher, for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simplis working with Poku, too. timvp ZeusWillJudge

Simplis posted on his IG stories of Poku training on his dribble.
    ace3g do you mind uploading these stories? Please and thank you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Stepien article said that if he were able to play the 5, he'd break NBA defenses. Sound familiar?

Thread Information