Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poku is like skinny mobile Jokic.
    Yeah, Jokic has made Poku a lotta money just recently.

My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Jokic has made Poku a lotta money just recently.
    Knicks might go Porzingis 2.0

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have Luka......

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn’t Robinson’s Senior year weight at the Naval Academy around 205 lb?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We'll I'll leave this 4 all you to watch and hopefully break this collective cognitive discordance about this dude
    its 18 year old Kevind Durant playing against SRs and Juniors in the big 12 who are practically men. If you can SEE the difference...(eye test ya'll that scouting tape where this THINNER dude cant finish or barely finish around the rim with what appears to be 10ths graders...facepalm)
    You can argue that you think he's too thin and won't fill out... it's a legitimate possibility. But let's have a little realism about NCAA ball. The starters for the opposition:

Charlie Burgess, JR
    Martin Zeno, JR
    Jarrius Jackson, SO
    Michael Prince, SR
    John Plefka, SO

Charlie Burgess, Martin Zeno, Michael Prince, and John Plefka played a combined 0 paid minutes, anywhere covered by B-Ball Reference
    Jarrius Jackson (6'2 and presumably the PG) made 4 years in Serie A at 27 years old (ie after working on his skills for another 7 or so years), and lead the league in turnover percentage...

The players in Greek second division are in fact, paid... Not a lot, but they are paid (more than the G-league, for example).

Also, Plefka was the biggest player at 6'8 & 245 - I will give you that's man size. None of the rest weighed more than 210 - calling them full grown men is bull .

By contrast, the midranked team in greek A2 this year,
    https://basketball.eurobasket.com/te...arditsas/16629

starters:
    Nikos Kalles, C, 6'11
    Vangelis Papadopoulos, PF, 6'9
    Theodoros Karras, SF, 6'10
    Nikos Paparegkas, SG, 6'7
    Nikos Kaklamanos, PG, 6'3

Can't find the weights, but enough BS about "10th graders" ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How's Pau Gasoft as comparison? Remember Pau was a PG before coming to the NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TheDrewShow seriously made a youtube video about this. Lmao! I love this guy and his dedication.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TheDrewShow seriously made a youtube video about this. Lmao! I love this guy and his dedication.
    He's enthusiastic all right... but he didn't address my point at all...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I thnk #11 there is Dirk Nowitzki as drafted... Skinny is a fact of life for 18 year old white 7 ft'ers.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been trying to figure out who Pokusevski reminds me of. He's a less-muscular Anthony Randolph. Randolph was the guy who supposedly had the most upside in the draft that year. He was 6'11" (shoes), and about 190 lbs. He was young, and I remember comments that he ran the floor like a gazelle, and had mad skills that he just needed to grow into. They were pimping him as high as #5 before the draft, and he wound up going at #14.

Randolph was never really a bust, he just didn't come anywhere close to the fabulous upside he was supposed to have - partly because he was too light, and then he was a different player when he finally bulked up to around 230 lbs.

Here he is, folks... the last Aleksej Pokusevski.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here is a neat little pre-draft scouting report on Randolph. See if it reminds you of anybody:

https://www.nbadraft.net/players/anthony-randolph/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , tbh

Poku's lowlights make you wonder if he could hack it in the G League, much less than NBA. But the tools are also difficult to ignore...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been trying to figure out who Pokusevski reminds me of. He's a less-muscular Anthony Randolph. Randolph was the guy who supposedly had the most upside in the draft that year. He was 6'11" (shoes), and about 190 lbs. He was young, and I remember comments that he ran the floor like a gazelle, and had mad skills that he just needed to grow into. They were pimping him as high as #5 before the draft, and he wound up going at #14.

Randolph was never really a bust, he just didn't come anywhere close to the fabulous upside he was supposed to have - partly because he was too light, and then he was a different player when he finally bulked up to around 230 lbs.

That's a good comp. Hadn't thought of that one

Randolph also had epic tools for his height but it turned out his body was just too weak and his extra extra length ended up being more of a disadvantage than anything.

A Poku optimist would point out that the physicality of the league was a lot higher back when Randolph was a prospect. A Poku pessimist would respond that Randolph was more of an athlete and more coordinated and he never really came close to making it.

It's a tough call, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , tbh

Poku's lowlights make you wonder if he could hack it in the G League, much less than NBA. But the tools are also difficult to ignore...
    Please bold this guy already, you DOINK!!

Lmfao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dinosaurs roamed the earth when he was drafted, and the NBA paint. It might as well have been 1948 instead of 2008, for all the validity it holds for today’s NBA.

Weak sauce.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, wasn’t Randolph sort of an asshole? Having a difficult personality usually inhibits one’s professional prospects. But the body type is pretty close.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t remember Randolph having those handles and passing as “thinner”.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t remember Randolph having those handles and passing as “thinner”.
    His nickname was 'Magic' Randolph, no lie, because of his passing

But it was often used in a mocking way

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah from watching vids Randolf is 6’9 or 6’10 and is athletic around the rim as far as dunking and has better lateral speed then Poku. But Poku is a better passer and better outside shooter then Randolf.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Anthony Randolph in today's NBA would be a lot more valuable, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, give me a longer, more skilled Anthony Randolph on today's NBA and under the Spurs' developing staff any day of the week, tbh. Specially on this week ass draft, tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Randolph busting because of being thin is new to me. Scouting report is peppered with maturity and character red flags. Even in the league at ude issues were being reported. He even admitted it when he was out of the league. He's talented but basketball IQ is low, a better comparison for him in this draft is Jaden McDaniels.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah from watching vids Randolf is 6’9 or 6’10 and is athletic around the rim as far as dunking and has better lateral speed then Poku. But Poku is a better passer and better outside shooter then Randolf.

I think Randolph had been listed as 6'11", and even 7' by some. At the combine he was "only" 6'10.25" without shoes, which is pretty typical. He had a 7'3" wingspan, and Pokusevski is supposed to have a 7'3" wingspan. The scouting reports tried to say that Randolph was 220 lbs. but he weighed in at 197 lbs. which is really, really close to what Pokusevski weighs (even though some people are trying to say he's a lot heavier). Randolph had a 9'1" standing reach at the combine, and ESPN says that Pokusevski has a 9'1" standing reach. So, we can all agree that the physical bodies are pretty damn close to identical?

Calling him Magic Randolph wasn't mocking at first - it was when he couldn't live up to it that people started that. The way they talked about him was so similar to the way they're talking about Pokusevski you almost couldn't tell them apart, except for the fact that Randolph made a higher percentage from the floor, but didn't shoot 3's. Pokusevski shoots 3's, but only at a 32% clip so far. Randolph got pushed around a lot when he got to the NBA, and Pokusevski will too. No base, high center of gravity.

You guys think what you want. But the two stories start out the same, and I think they end the same.

I mean, give me a longer, more skilled Anthony Randolph on today's NBA and under the Spurs' developing staff any day of the week, tbh. Specially on this week ass draft, tbh.

Randolph busting because of being thin is new to me. Scouting report is peppered with maturity and character red flags. Even in the league at ude issues were being reported. He even admitted it when he was out of the league. He's talented but basketball IQ is low, a better comparison for him in this draft is Jaden McDaniels.

LMAO. You guys are right. Pokusevski is going to be a point-center superstar for the next generation. A taller Magic Johnson.

True believers.

Thread Information