Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If going to cherry pick images. This is what I meant.
    https://www.gettyimages.com.au/detai...-photo/1297781

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man it is going to be sooooo funny if we draft this guy and Drewshow just melts down...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would love to fast forward to the draft already...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You and me both it seems like this has been going on for a year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember when the Spurs drafted a 7 footer from England who burned out it some minor Euro league? Not very relevant to the discussion, but Spurs were willing to take a flyer on this guy in a late round. Maybe for laughs????

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I think about it, the more I want this guy. More and more we are seeing how having playmakers in as many positions as possible is conductive to winning basketball. Outside of the millions of combo guards in the draft, the only guy (projected to land around 11) that has that playmaking ability is Poku. Add to that the fact that he's a playmaker on defense too and it's hard for me to pass on this guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I think about it, the more I want this guy. More and more we are seeing how having playmakers in as many positions as possible is conductive to winning basketball. Outside of the millions of combo guards in the draft, the only guy (projected to land around 11) that has that playmaking ability is Poku. Add to that the fact that he's a playmaker on defense too and it's hard for me to pass on this guy.
    How could you "more" want this guy than you already did? You were already at 100%... I'm busting your balls here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How could you "more" want this guy than you already did? You were already at 100%... I'm busting your balls here
    I'm at 110% now. Specially after seeing where the Heat got playing Adebayo and Iggy as point bigmen, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.nba.com/nuggets/news/poku-profile-20201109a

"On a team that epitomizes position-less basketball, Pokuševski could fit right in Denver. As mentioned he’s got great range, speed and agility for a player his size. The key will be patience. Similar to Bol Bol, it might take a year or two of seasoning and conditioning to get him NBA ready as he currently weighs 201 pounds and has played just under 10 minutes of elite-level basketball. If there is a buy-in from both the player and the organization, the Nuggets could have another steal on their hands, if they select the 18-year-old. Another factor to consider is nationality. Pokuševski is Serbian and has actually been coached by none other than the Nuggets’ superstar center in Nikola Jokić in the national team’s youth program. That connection along with Vlatko Čančar, who hails from neighboring Slovenia, should help Pokuševski in transitioning to Denver."

Have to admit, a 2023 Denver team with Jokic, Poku, and Bol Bol on the floor at the same time would be pretty entertaining.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have to admit, a 2023 Denver team with Jokic, Poku, and Bol Bol on the floor at the same time would be pretty entertaining.
    Yeah, Jerami Grant is undersized to be playing PG in this lineup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poor Poku: new to the country, new to the NBA, and in the first few days on a new roster, almost the entire team is traded away. I wonder if he stays in Greece another year.
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 11-21-2020 at 03:43 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poor Poku: new to the country, new to the NBA, and in the first few days on a new roster, almost the entire team is traded away. I wonder if he stays in Greece another year.
    It's actually the other way around.
    He'll have his opportunity to grow and focus to his game instead of winning - he'll have no pressure.
    I think Sam Presti will find a way to look for a decent coaching staff to help him develop since with the picks they have, he'll need a good amount of decent coaching staff to develop the upcoming rookies.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL Presti Flipping Marfan God for more picks for a NBA Retread of Retreads Johnson Shows not only what the Timber Pups concluded MarfanGod Was worth after bringing him in and kicking the tires (Buyers remorse) but also what Presti thinks he was worth.... LULZ dude who say this guy is some type of "Unicorn" of the Draft....
    Are you trying to make sense here? Presti (OKC) has not "flipped" Poku (and I don't think he will; Poku is with the team that drafted him. Presti traded to move up to #17 (and accepted Johnson to make the salary cap work) and pick Poku. Nobody has "kicked the tires" - he hasn't played in so much as a NBA summer league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's actually the other way around.
    He'll have his opportunity to grow and focus to his game instead of winning - he'll have no pressure.
    I think Sam Presti will find a way to look for a decent coaching staff to help him develop since with the picks they have, he'll need a good amount of decent coaching staff to develop the upcoming rookies.
    We'll see-- I think Poku's strength in the future will be making a good team better rather than being the main guy, so trying to carry a load for a team in complete rebuild mode will be tough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL Presti Flipping Marfan God for more picks for a NBA Retread of Retreads Johnson Shows not only what the Timber Pups concluded MarfanGod Was worth after bringing him in and kicking the tires (Buyers remorse) but also what Presti thinks he was worth.... LULZ dude who say this guy is some type of "Unicorn" of the Draft....
    Your Vince MacMahon meets Hunter S Thompson schtick is hilarious. Keep up the great work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Schtick? So you are on record that marfangod is on the all rookie team this year? Is that correct?
    I'm on record that he's three years away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then Im on the record that Presti definitely will not exercise the rookie option if even signs him to a rookie contract.

Edit I wrote this assuming you were fully aware the trade was for draft rights and no contracts had already been negotiated let alone signed.
    I was counting on at least another season with Olympiacos, now I'm thinking two.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you dont think he was first round worthy? I need clarification. He is a 17th pick and 99.9% of first rounders aren't "Draft and Stash". WTF? So you agree with me that Presti isn't going to sign him to a rookie contract?(I was kinda just talking there).
    Totally worth it, and as the youngest player in the draft, not ready yet. Poku is 3 years and 9 months younger than Obi Toppin and 1 year and 4 months younger than Devin Vassell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didnt answer the question.
    You mean about Presti? Don't know, don't care. His goal is tearing down a team to nothing and starting from scratch. Like I've said many times, I think Pokusevski's strength as a player will be as a glue guy and versatile 5x5 threat. He'll make a good team better. I wouldn't pick him to start a team from scratch.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean about Presti? Don't know, don't care. His goal is tearing down a team to nothing and starting from scratch. Like I've said many times, I think Pokusevski's strength as a player will be as a glue guy and versatile 5x5 threat. He'll make a good team better. I wouldn't pick him to start a team from scratch.
    I think that makes sense. I have concerns about his questionable motor (read: poor motivation), but he is young and so this make take a few years to clarify, just like with Luka, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching the gleague for Luka made me remember this guy is playing there too

I know he's a couple years away, but he's not doing too well right now.

Averaging 5/4/6 through his first four games on 25 minutes. Shooting 21.6% from the field (big yikes)
    He has not attempted a free throw in 21 consecutive games/ 300 minutes of playing time (counting both g league and NBA)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching the gleague for Luka made me remember this guy is playing there too

I know he's a couple years away, but he's not doing too well right now.

Averaging 5/4/6 through his first four games on 25 minutes. Shooting 21.6% from the field (big yikes)
    He has not attempted a free throw in 21 consecutive games/ 300 minutes of playing time (counting both g league and NBA)
    Shows how some dudes just need time to adjust. He's talented and he might develop, just like Luka, but for either of them it's not a given despite of the tools they have. It's a long process.

And for the moaners - Poku was taken even earlier in the draft than Luka by the god master best ever Presti.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shows how some dudes just need time to adjust. He's talented and he might develop, just like Luka, but for either of them it's not a given despite of the tools they have. It's a long process.

And for the moaners - Poku was taken even earlier in the draft than Luka by the god master best ever Presti.
    Yeah. What's concerning is that even Luka's first year g league numbers blow Poku's out of the water.

Thread Information