Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's hard to argue with the Spurs draft results. Given the inexact science behind this, I'm a little worried they may have whiffed this past year.
    I said in another thread, I'm a little underwhelmed with Vassell,
    It's way too early to tell of course and I realize I'm in the minority
    . He had no summer league and a minimal training camp, and he’s already better than any of our young players as rookies, except DJ.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think they whiffed on Vassel, I strongly suspect he's gonna be pretty good. I do think they made a mistake with Poku. He's got some special in his game. For strategic reasons, they should have taken the risk: a shot at a championship worthy #1 option just doesn't come around that often...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pokémon would had been getting the Samanic treatment right now so it’s all moot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    . He had no summer league and a minimal training camp, and he’s already better than any of our young players as rookies, except DJ.
    I'm hopping that's the case,
    Like I said I realize I'm in the minority and they're plenty of examples of rookies not doing well then blossoming later and of course vice versa.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm hopping that's the case,
    Like I said I realize I'm in the minority and they're plenty of examples of rookies not doing well then blossoming later and of course vice versa.
    He’s already a quality 3 and D player, out of the box.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think they whiffed on Vassel, I strongly suspect he's gonna be pretty good. I do think they made a mistake with Poku. He's got some special in his game. For strategic reasons, they should have taken the risk: a shot at a championship worthy #1 option just doesn't come around that often...
    Pretty much this. I like Vassell, and I think he will prove to be a very solid piece for years to come; but Poku has franchise carrying ceiling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Definitely not a whiff. Gauranteed double with Vassell vs the risky Poku which may be a homer for OKC. We shall see.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we whiffed on draft not because Vassell is bad more so I think Poku is that Unicorn players every one dreams about - Have to give you credit Exsatic your were a big sponsor for drafting Poku I think he will be an All Star in two years.

As far as Vassell he was a safe bet and showed that they think Murray is our PG of the future (Not so sure about that) and went with I think need more then value. One thing I think would have really helped him would to have gotten some G League burn I think it would have helped with his confidence and also his overall game. I would have told him your playing point and you better be shooting 20 times a game as he needs to really work on being more aggressive on offense - I hope to God POP,has plans more then making him Danny 2.0

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pokémon would had been getting the Samanic treatment right now so it’s all moot.
    It's funny (and sad) 'cause it's true. If the Spurs had drafted him, he may not even be on the NBA right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny (and sad) 'cause it's true. If the Spurs had drafted him, he may not even be on the NBA right now.
    I think he’s not here, because of Samanic. Maybe they were at their limit for long shot development projects. He’s had some good games, and some horrible, Samanic like ones. His overall numbers, while trending up, aren’t great. I’ll wait until the end of the season to even pronounce him better than Vassell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And keep in mind: Samanic, Keldon, and Vassell are the "young" players on the Spurs, with respective ages of 21, 21, & 20. Poku is still a teenager, and won't be 20 for 9 months, next December.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah. Samanic sucks in the playing time he does get. Poku would at least be aggressive on offense which would give him more PT.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah. Samanic sucks in the playing time he does get. Poku would at least be aggressive on offense which would give him more PT.
    Yeah, he definitely wouldn't get neutered at the first sign of aggresive play, benched and DNP'd for games on end, until he learned to "get over himself" and start looking over his shoulder before taking shots that should be going to the vets. It's not like we have seen this story before, at all.......

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka would be putting up some great numbers if he was playing for OK where they give players a lot of freedom since they not close to a playoff team. And Poku would be getting same treatment Luka got he would have played in G League his first year for sure

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka would be putting up some great numbers if he was playing for OK where they give players a lot of freedom since they not close to a playoff team. And Poku would be getting same treatment Luka got he would have played in G League his first year for sure
    How is it Pop's fault Luka moves like a lost Robot with cement shoes?

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't put much stock in counting numbers for a tanking team. 7/11 from three is legit though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't put much stock in counting numbers for a tanking team. 7/11 from three is legit though.
    Yeah, but his overall % is below 30, and that’s after that outburst. He still has potential, but I still see him as a 2-3 year project. He’s not there yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not about the counting the stats. It's about the flashes of brillance he displays at such an early age.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is it Pop's fault Luka moves like a lost Robot with cement shoes?
    I will still take him as he at least knows how to play defense and get rebound vs Walker who still doesn’t know what to do on defense I keep seeing a younger Derozz in Walker as far as IQ and defensive ability

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will still take him as he at least knows how to play defense and get rebound vs Walker who still doesn’t know what to do on defense I keep seeing a younger Derozz in Walker as far as IQ and defensive ability

your overrating his defense based on 40 min of game film in special cir stances. If you’ve watched Luka in the G League you would know his defense is rather ugly especially when quicker players attack the basket. He gets goaded into fouling all the time. His finishing is also as bad as Walkers for now too. Ball always gets poked away. Hopefully he gets a better feel of the game soon or this pick might look pretty bad. But yes I would still love to see him play. I’m all for the tank as long as it makes sense. I’ll trust the front office for now. Glad to see Vassell, Walker, and Keldon at least.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://sports.yahoo.com/okc-thunder...170035995.html

Thunder forward Aleksej Pokusevski sustained a small fracture in his right arm during an offseason workout in Oklahoma City on Wednesday, the team announced.Pokusevski will be reevaluated in four to six weeks.
    The specific injury is a humerus fracture, which is a bone in the upper arm. According to the Cleveland Clinic, "humerus fractures are usually caused by traumas like car accidents or falls."
    It's the latest injury blow to Pokusevski, who was limited to 34 games last season, mostly in part to a left leg fracture that sidelined him for two months.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we whiffed on draft not because Vassell is bad more so I think Poku is that Unicorn players every one dreams about - Have to give you credit Exsatic your were a big sponsor for drafting Poku I think he will be an All Star in two years.

As far as Vassell he was a safe bet and showed that they think Murray is our PG of the future (Not so sure about that) and went with I think need more then value. One thing I think would have really helped him would to have gotten some G League burn I think it would have helped with his confidence and also his overall game. I would have told him your playing point and you better be shooting 20 times a game as he needs to really work on being more aggressive on offense - I hope to God POP,has plans more then making him Danny 2.0
    This take aged like dog .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every time I saw Pokusevski play, he had the worst 3pt shot I've ever seen. A brick factory.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well consider the source tbh

Thread Information