Imafine being a Laker and Pats fan

Pathetic
    probably likes the yankees too

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    probably likes the yankees too
    I grew up kind of a yankees fan because my grandmother was because as a child in the 1940s they used to have spring training near her little town in Colorado... but if one of the Texas teams were up against the yankees, then I wasn't a yankees fan... tbh. But against say the red sox or devil rays, absolutely.

Lakers have always been on my list because of growing up with Kobe/Shaq as the antagonists. Shaq would always talk about Duncan/Robinson/San Antonio and Kobe was a snakey, covert pompous ass even before he became a sexual predator. I grew up in San Antonio and there's only one team to love, the Spurs. And 4 championships to their credit in my childhood + 1 in college.

Cowboys... I don't know why or when I started supporting them, probably around 2006 when I started seriously watching more football and they started getting good for the first time I could remember (around the time Romo took over for Bledsoe). I wasn't a diehard football fan until about 2011 though, around the "dark age" of the Duncan Spurs era. A.k.a., the first Jason Garrett year. Also the year I was on my high school JV football team. Before that I was all about basketball; but I only grew to be 5'8" so couldn't even make the JV basketball team. But now with Duncan and Kawhi gone I haven't really given a horse's last dump about basketball since 2017 and haven't followed intensely since 2016.

Football is my life now. Happy Week 1. I put up real money on your team against the spread today, so go Raiders along with the Cowboys.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Says one of the "blue no matter who" s

I grew up with both teams, hard concept to understand for you and iron but not everybody wants to root for their local team.
    I don't have a problem with it as long as you don't "hedge" to the other side if that team isn't winning. Also, don't be one of those losers who claim championships for their team that occurred before they were born (i.e. the Wilt Lakers or the Mikan Minneapolis Lakers or the Bill Russell Celtics).

In my opinion... the Cowboys haven't won a championship yet. Sure, they won championships with Staubach and Aikman, but I can't really appreciate those because my mother was my age for the Staubach era and I was a small baby for the second era. True, they've technically won championships in my lifetime, but I was a baby so it doesn't count IMO. I'm looking for my first-ever Cowboys super bowl the same way the Eagles fans had up until 2 years ago.

In the Super Bowl, some times there will be two teams I'm okay with and have a preference (Chiefs/49ers -- hoping the Chiefs won but was okay with the 49ers winning); some times there's a team I just hate (Steelers/Pats or the Rodgers Packers), sometimes I'm just apathetic (Panthers/Broncos), sometimes I have a strong rooting interest (Any NFC team against the Pats/Steelers or most AFC teams against the Rodgers Packers) and on occasion there'll be two teams I just hate (Rodgers Packers vs. Steelers in 2010) where I'll be at a loss. But as long as I'm an NFL fan I'll always want the best long term future and championships for the Cowboys.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    He also went Obama to Trump, is there a more shameless frontrunner alive?
    A ton of people of all kinds voted Obama in 2008. McCain was a dud, people were tired of Bush and Obama promised great things... of course he didn't stick to them.

2012 I can understand the abstinence. Obama was a liar and a promise breaker but Romney was another dud.

Trump over Shillary in 2016 was the most obvious choice in ever.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    Oh sure you did! You also just happened to grow up rooting for the Yankees, Duke basketball, and Alabama football too, right?
    You switched your football team to the NFC champion after spending a decade rooting for the most dominant team.

Maybe you should do a better job of picking your battles, slob.

I grew up kind of a yankees fan because my grandmother was because as a child in the 1940s they used to have spring training near her little town in Colorado... but if one of the Texas teams were up against the yankees, then I wasn't a yankees fan... tbh. But against say the red sox or devil rays, absolutely.

Lakers have always been on my list because of growing up with Kobe/Shaq as the antagonists. Shaq would always talk about Duncan/Robinson/San Antonio and Kobe was a snakey, covert pompous ass even before he became a sexual predator. I grew up in San Antonio and there's only one team to love, the Spurs. And 4 championships to their credit in my childhood + 1 in college.

Cowboys... I don't know why or when I started supporting them, probably around 2006 when I started seriously watching more football and they started getting good for the first time I could remember (around the time Romo took over for Bledsoe). I wasn't a diehard football fan until about 2011 though, around the "dark age" of the Duncan Spurs era. A.k.a., the first Jason Garrett year. Also the year I was on my high school JV football team. Before that I was all about basketball; but I only grew to be 5'8" so couldn't even make the JV basketball team. But now with Duncan and Kawhi gone I haven't really given a horse's last dump about basketball since 2017 and haven't followed intensely since 2016.

Football is my life now. Happy Week 1. I put up real money on your team against the spread today, so go Raiders along with the Cowboys.
    Jesus, get a diary

Thread Information