Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So not an "insta-contender" because of his on-court skills.
    Not a case for GOAT, tbh.
    He's getting older, and he also didn't win every chip in Cleveland or Miami... his talent is undeniable though, especially if you're putting scrubs like Bird in the GOAT conversation, tbh...

Plus, no single player really wins it all alone. Jordan had Pippen, Kerr, Kukoc... solid role players. Tim and Manu had Tony, Bowen. Shaq and Gasol had Kobe. Curry had a bunch of help. Kawhi is probably the closest, but he played against a decimated Warriors team...

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    35-year-old Lebron would've been 35-year-old Julius Erving in the 80s. Second round fodder.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Fair point on Kobe globally. He’s worshipped in Asia in general, not just China. They loooove him in the Philippines.
    Kobe was polarizing here in the US but he was absolutely the marketing face of the NBA until Colorado he and VC were the league darlings. AI was the people's champion and the streets loved him. International Kobe was huge like was already said.
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 09-08-2020 at 10:14 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LaRoids is 3-8 in finals and sold out on China issue and is not the GOAT. IMO still stands behind both Jordan and Kareem and arguably behind several others. Granted he does great things for schools so give him that.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LaRoids is 3-8 in finals and sold out on China issue and is not the GOAT. IMO still stands behind both Jordan and Kareem and arguably behind several others. Granted he does great things for schools so give him that.
    Well behind several others, tbh.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Look I m far from a Bron stan ...but the argument that anyone would take prime Kawhi over Bron, even conceding KL was the better on ball defender and has the better jumper is crazy talk.
    Flip Bron and Kawhi in those back to back Finals and Spurs win both they don't split.
    LMAO, PRIME Kawhi on the '13 Spurs & the Heatles would have been toast.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well behind several others, tbh.
    Chamberlain, Russell and case can made Duncan who was more of a champion even.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He's getting older, and he also didn't win every chip in Cleveland or Miami... his talent is undeniable though, especially if you're putting scrubs like Bird in the GOAT conversation, tbh...

Plus, no single player really wins it all alone. Jordan had Pippen, Kerr, Kukoc... solid role players. Tim and Manu had Tony, Bowen. Shaq and Gasol had Kobe. Curry had a bunch of help. Kawhi is probably the closest, but he played against a decimated Warriors team...

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Pop's system never stopped Duncan from going full Alpha male during the playoffs. There are plenty of series where Duncan averaged 27-30 points a game. You should know this considering he had some of his best series against your mavs. #2 had the same green light Duncan had during the playoffs in '15 and '16. He did get bodied in '15 and '16 playoffs and the stats show it. Pop wasn't holding him back. He was holding himself back in those series.
    Dumbass, Kawhi's development arc isn't the same as Timmay. One came is as a 20/10 guy while the other one was essentially Trever Ariza. Offensively, Kawhi in '16 was basically what Timmay was as a rookie when he came up short against Greg Foster & the Jazz.

In the '15 playoffs against the Clippers he dominated the first 4 games averaging 24.8 pts a game on a FG percentage of 60 percent. The next 3 games he shrunk and averaged 14.3 points on 29 percent FG percentage.
    Matt Barnes literally got dominated by PRE ALL-STAR Kawhi to the point that Doc had to send help every time he posted-up ala what the Lakers did to Timmay in '04 when he shrunk for the finals 4 games after TOSB Malone "imposed his will".

The '16 playoffs against the Thunder was a similar story. #2 had 3 great games in that series followed by 3 crap games. He had 3 games where he shot 39 percent or lower. Here is what Roberson said about #2 in that series Andre Roberson "In Game 2, I got a better feel for him (Kawhi Leonard), and kind of asserted my will on him." https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/n...-second-round/

When a srcub like Roberson believes he can shut you down that's embarrassing but #2 didn't do enough to silence Roberson throughout that series espescially when the Spurs were facing elimination in game 6. #2 in that elimination game shot 9/23 which is a FG percentage of 39 percent. Roberson ended the game on 14 pts on 62 percent shooting. Very embarrassing when a scrub who has no scoring ability drops that many points on you in an elimination game.

Roberson bodied #2 on this play for sure
    What a great find of a meaningless block in glorified garbage time. (I can show you footage of PEAK Jordan getting bodied by the likes of John Starks & Vernon Maxwell MULTIPLE times)

In any case, there has NEVER been a case of anyone stepping to PEAK Kawhi aka '17-TBD. The only slander was when he was seen as another one of Poop's puppets (aka the MAIN reason peers don't give Timmay his props) which he disproved. Even Durant came around & stated that was during a different point of Kawhi's career. Roberson also got scored on more than he stopped Kawhi in the '16 series (meanwhile Kanter bent Timmay over), there was actually a stat showing Durant did a better job on Kawhi but I digress.

BTW, Roberson is actually an ELITE wing defender unlike DeShawn Stevenson

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I don't dislike Kawhi, he's an extremely talented player, but he's simply never going to be a vocal, visible leader. Give me anything notable Kawhi has done off the court for the league, the players, the black community in general?
    Dude doesn't go around giving BJ like LeBrat for press releases but in any case, he didn't put his brand above the citizen's of Hong Kong.

BTW, Kawhi also got his billionaire owner to give back to the BLACK community while LeBrat got his to TAKE away from it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dumbass, Kawhi's development arc isn't the same as Timmay. One came is as a 20/10 guy while the other one was essentially Trever Ariza. Offensively, Kawhi in '16 was basically what Timmay was as a rookie when he came up short against Greg Foster & the Jazz.

Matt Barnes literally got dominated by PRE ALL-STAR Kawhi to the point that Doc had to send help every time he posted-up ala what the Lakers did to Timmay in '04 when he shrunk for the finals 4 games after TOSB Malone "imposed his will".

What a great find of a meaningless block in glorified garbage time. (I can show you footage of PEAK Jordan getting bodied by the likes of John Starks & Vernon Maxwell MULTIPLE times)

In any case, there has NEVER been a case of anyone stepping to PEAK Kawhi aka '17-TBD. The only slander was when he was seen as another one of Poop's puppets (aka the MAIN reason peers don't give Timmay his props) which he disproved. Even Durant came around & stated that was during a different point of Kawhi's career. Roberson also got scored on more than he stopped Kawhi in the '16 series (meanwhile Kanter bent Timmay over), there was actually a stat showing Durant did a better job on Kawhi but I digress.

BTW, Roberson is actually an ELITE wing defender unlike DeShawn Stevenson
    Rookie Duncan suffered a serious ankle injury during the Jazz series which limited him down the stretch. Obviously you wouldn't know this since you are not a real spurs fan. I don't recall #2 playing with an injury in '16. I get it that you are a #2 fanboy but there is no denying your boy choked in '15 and '16. Just own it and deal with it.

also at using Duncan to deflect from #2's choke jobs. You could can say Duncan was bodied in '01,04, I could careless. Duncan is not my god like #2 is yours. You are a bigtime fanboy that can't admit that #2 has some blemishes on his career.
    Last edited by daslicer; 09-08-2020 at 10:57 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ANY Laker fans that don't respect this man can tell they Mamma to ¡Chúpame la pija!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ANY Laker fans that don't respect this man can tell they Mamma to ¡Chúpame la pija!
    What would happen if you start a Lebron > Kobe thread on Lakersground hijo?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Been debated to death.
    Some root for Bron through clenched teeth.
    Like true conservative Republicans supporting Trump.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Bird's offensive repertorie blows Lebron away, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been debated to death.
    Literally, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Birds offensive repertorie blows Lebron away, tbh.
    have you met El Nono?
    he’s clearly trolling lol

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

I'd get perma banned

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    have you met El Nono?
    he’s clearly trolling lol
    Oh...my bad

Some people actually do think like that though. Bird was slow as a snail so he must have been azz.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Been debated to death.
    TRUTH BOMBS

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Rookie Duncan suffered a serious ankle injury during the Jazz series which limited him down the stretch. Obviously you wouldn't know this since you are not a real spurs fan. I don't recall #2 playing with an injury in '16. I get it that you are a #2 fanboy but there is no denying your boy choked in '15 and '16. Just own it and deal with it.
    Yeah, he choked to being the best player on the court in the pivotal Gm 5 only for TOSB Diaw/D-Worst blow the game while Roberson was imposing his will on the rim. Besides, Gm 6 ended in the 2nd quarter after Poop subbed in Fat Head for Kawhi at Meth City but tell me more about Roberson “imposing his will” in garbage time.

Btw, Tim only had a Grade 1 ankle sprain ala Luka which is why he didn’t miss any games. Greg Foster simply imposed his will ala TOSB Malone + Perkins during the backdoor sweeps, Samaki during one of the most embarrassing sweeps, Diop during the OT choke job...etc.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, he choked to being the best player on the court in the pivotal Gm 5 only for TOSB Diaw/D-Worst blow the game while Roberson was imposing his will on the rim. Besides, Gm 6 ended in the 2nd quarter after Poop subbed in Fat Head for Kawhi at Meth City but tell me more about Roberson “imposing his will” in garbage time.

Btw, Tim only had a Grade 1 ankle sprain ala Luka which is why he didn’t miss any games. Greg Foster simply imposed his will ala TOSB Malone + Perkins during the backdoor sweeps, Samaki during one of the most embarrassing sweeps, Diop during the OT choke job...etc.
    bringing up Duncan again to defend #2's choke jobs. Again just accept it that your god choked and didn't come through.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    bringing up Duncan again to defend #2's choke jobs. Again just accept it that your god choked and didn't come through.
    Just accept Poop choked against Donovan & Doc who ran circles around him while being unable to exploit guys like Kanter/Crawford. But...but...but...Kawhi should have been able to scores against hard double teams & boxout Kanter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

ISWYDT

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    LMAO, PRIME Kawhi on the '13 Spurs & the Heatles would have been toast.
    of course they would have, considering duncan/parker/manu and co >>>>>>> wade/bosh/allen and co plus pop >>>>>>> spo.

put prime kawhi on that miami team, and prime lebron on the spurs, and the spurs win in 5, maybe sweep.

Thread Information