Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Add last nights game to the "passing up the responsibility to a role player with the game on the line" column
    so you're saying should have shot a 30 foot 3 with two guys on him and not enough time on the clock to create a good shot when there was a wide open teammate with plenty of time to set his feet catch and shoot?

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    But if the role player is John Paxton or Robert Horry, smartest, most unselfish leader ever, amirite?

And if he did shoot the double teamed 3 and missed, haters would point out that he had a wide open teammate on a night where LeBron was 7-for-21 from the field, 1-for-8 from three and wonder why he forced a bad attempt in favor that open look, amirite again?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so you're saying should have shot a 30 foot 3 with two guys on him and not enough time on the clock to create a good shot when there was a wide open teammate with plenty of time to set his feet catch and shoot?
    But if the role player is John Paxton or Robert Horry, smartest, most unselfish leader ever, amirite?

And if he did shoot the double teamed 3 and missed, haters would point out that he had a wide open teammate on a night where LeBron was 7-for-21 from the field, 1-for-8 from three and wonder why he forced a bad attempt in favor that open look, amirite again?
    Unfortunately a lot of people don't use common sense and blindly throw dumb narratives

"MICHAEL JEFFREY JORDAN WOLUD HAVE TAKEN THE TURNAROUND 3 POINTER DESPITE BEING TRIPLE TEAMED!!!!!!!! kIlLeR iNsTinCt !!!!!!
    90s PHYSICAL TUFF REAL MEN HERP DERP

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Lebron has, by far, the most playoff minutes in NBA history. Much of which was in a very weak conference. Not very impressed with his yearly game winners over Derozan's Raptors, tbh.

I'm sorry, who has the most game winners in nba playoff history?

yes, just like there were times guys like mike needed to be a better teammate and less selfish

no one bats 1.000

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    probably because he's not remotely the same type of basketball player. mike was a score-first guard. lebron is a point forward. might as well criticize shaq for not being able to run an offense, or criticize Steph for not being enough of a low post scoring threat.

and you greatly exaggerate lebron's "passiveness"
    Was Bird with his 6.3 APG also point forward, yes or no?

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Lebron has, by far, the most playoff minutes in NBA history. Much of which was in a very weak conference. Not very impressed with his yearly game winners over Derozan's Raptors, tbh.
    so a difficult game winner is less impressive based on the team, as opposed to the difficulty of the shot?

lol i guess that makes "the shot" pretty unimpressive

its funny how you keep moving the bar just to justify your crappy, uneducated stance

Was Bird with his 6.3 APG also point forward, yes or no?
    is jokic with his 8.5 apg a point center, yes or no?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unfortunately a lot of people don't use common sense and blindly throw dumb narratives

"MICHAEL JEFFREY JORDAN WOLUD HAVE TAKEN THE TURNAROUND 3 POINTER DESPITE BEING TRIPLE TEAMED!!!!!!!! kIlLeR iNsTinCt !!!!!!
    90s PHYSICAL TUFF REAL MEN HERP DERP
    You misspelled Kobe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You misspelled Kobe.
    Yeah him too
    Both are overrated chuckers

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    HAHA dodging the question to avoid getting pummeled

We all know that Bird was a closer and Lebron is more of a player in the Magic mold. Makes sense because that's who he grew up idolizing.

is jokic with his 8.5 apg a point center, yes or no?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Yeah him too
    Both are overrated chuckers
    Kobe was an inefficient chucker. Jordan was always hovering around 50%.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    HAHA dodging the question to avoid getting pummeled

We all know that Bird was a closer and Lebron is more of a player in the Magic mold. Makes sense because that's who he grew up idolizing.
    HAHA thinking bird was a point forward

HAHA thinking assists makes you a point

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe was an inefficient chucker. Jordan was always hovering around 50%.
    Jordan was an efficient chucker, ok?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    HAHA thinking bird was a point forward
    HAHA cause he was

Just try harder.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Jordan was an efficient chucker, ok?
    If you are shooting 50% on my team I am ok with you chucking away lefty. Green light all day.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    HAHA cause he was

Just try harder.
    except that he wasnt.

just try harder.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    except that he wasnt.

just try harder.
    Often initiated the offense.

Plays forward.

Point-forward.

You have the misconception that you need Pippen or Lebron's athleticism to play point forward.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Often initiated the offense.

Plays forward.

Point-forward.
    theres a difference between running an offense, and having an offense ran through you

yes bird had times where he initiated the offense, but nowhere near to the degree that a point would, nor to the degree lebron does. most of the time, it was the offense running through bird out of the post, and the offense reacting based off how the defense played.

You have the misconception that you need Pippen or Lebron's athleticism to play point forward.
    what makes you think that? did i say you need their type of athleticism to play point forward? did i even say athleticism is needed at all to play point forward?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bird wasn’t a point forward

Pippen was
    Lebron is
    Heck you can even make the argument that Magic was actually a point forward

but not Bird

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Bird wasn’t a point forward

Pippen was
    Lebron is
    Heck you can even make the argument that Magic was actually a point forward

but not Bird
    but but but he occasionally dribble the ball up the court and initiated the offense, therefore hes a point forward!!!

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ds-of-all-time

https://clutchpoints.com/greatest-nb...d-of-all-time/

https://www.basketballnetwork.net/wh...cottie-pippen/

If y'all want to split hairs with definitions to avoid losing a argument, go ahead.

Bird was a point forward who brought the ball up less than Pippen or Lebron does. He also closed better and had bigger avocados than Lebron does.

I don't think it's too much to ask of a player of Lebron's talent to be better and more assertive during crunch time. Especially for someone who appointed himself the GOAT.,

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    lol okay then was jason kidd a point guard? is steph curry a point guard?

Bird was a point forward who brought the ball up less than Pippen or Lebron does. He also closed better and had bigger avocados than Lebron does.
    no one argued whether lebron or bird are better closers. its bird. he simply has a superior scoring skillset to lebron. in fact, he arguably has the best scoring skill-set of all time. and if we want to talk about having bigger balls, bird also arguably had the biggest balls of all time too.

that being said, guys like him, mike and others may be forced to have very different approaches in a league where teams are allowed to utilize zone concepts, as opposed to being forced to defend 1-on-1, or with blatant doubles. you always want to compare differences in era, in that "durhhrhurh the 80s and 90s were more physical durhhurhrhh" but only pick and choose whatever favors your argument.

want proof of how much of an effect zone concepts can have? watch lebron's game 6 against detroit in 07. they either played him straight up, or flat out doubled him. they almost never had anyone shading over for help, and he ended up having arguable the most clutch game of all time against a very good defensive team.

compare that to how detroit played the lakers in 04. one-on-one, shaq completely demolished ben wallace with ease, averaging 26ppg on 63%. but despite having such an advantage, and being one of the most assertive players of all time, why didn't he average 35+ppg? the defensive strategy utilized a lot of zone concepts and help defense for ball denial, things that were previously outlawed.

I don't think it's too much to ask of a player of Lebron's talent to be better and more assertive during crunch time. Especially for someone who appointed himself the GOAT.,
    well history says hes quite good and assertive during crunch time. add that to plenty of MVPs, finals MVPs, and 4 championships, i'd say hes proven his style works just fine in a modern era where team defenses have much more capability of scheming against a player, compared to "oh lets just hit him every time he drives in hopes that he won't drive anymore", which didn't really work against anyone good anyways, so i have a hard time believing it would stop a 6'9 250lb freak of nature.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...r-stick-sports

While I applaud the results of what Lebron is doing for the black community and really the US in general, his words about how he is standing up for what is right rings empty for how he’s avoiding the China issues. All his social actions have brought him positive exposure and increased earning potential but the second a controversy pops up that could hurt his earnings, he went running and used his status and position to silence those who dare speak up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...r-stick-sports

While I applaud the results of what Lebron is doing for the black community and really the US in general, his words about how he is standing up for what is right rings empty for how he’s avoiding the China issues. All his social actions have brought him positive exposure and increased earning potential but the second a controversy pops up that could hurt his earnings, he went running and used his status and position to silence those who dare speak up.
    Well it’s always about his bottom line.
    He knows standing up for BLM is not affecting his wallet since everybody is on that bandwagon.

“we had a difficult week”
    Tell that to those people who are in concentration camps

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Lebron has never ever been racially insulted on a professional basketball court.

It occurred to Zlatan last week.

"I do my homework." America has incredibly low standards for its representatives and leaders. What does Lebron know about racism? Let's be real here. When has he ever stepped foot on hostile grounds. Ever. In Akron? Or California and Florida.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Lebron has never ever been racially insulted on a professional basketball court.

It occurred to Zlatan last week.

"I do my homework." America has incredibly low standards for its representatives and leaders. What does Lebron know about racism? Let's be real here. When has he ever stepped foot on hostile grounds. Ever. In Akron? Los Angeles as a millionaire. Or Miami. Wake up Americans.
    how do you know he hasnt dealt with it?

Thread Information