Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On a league where an austistic mute is overhyped as the 'best' player and other alleged stars miss games and their teams still win pivotal games in the playoffs, even an aging Lebron turned probably the worst team in the NBA in the past 5+ seasons in a insta-contender.

Then his off-the-court work is impeccable. Compare and contrast with Dad Killer gambling habits, Hakeem's illegitimate children, etc. When he's not taking over games, he's dunking all over Trump, tbh...

Not rooting for him or the Lakers, hopefully Hurricane Pedro kills everybody in the bubble, tbh, but you have to recognize greatness, IMVHO.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Why do you dislike Kawhi? Because he split, right? Lebron did the same to Cleveland - even worse because he did it twice and that is his home area.

Kawhi was wrong for the way he exited the spurs. I honestly believe the story about him hiding in a janitor's closet in NYC when spurs officials were looking for him. It sorta fits the character of someone who has been highly traumatized the way he has with the loss of his father. But overall he still seems to have bigger balls than Lebron. He does not allow himself to get bodied by role players (both literally and metaphorically) the way Lebron has over the years(Jet Terry, Pat Beverley, etc) And honestly, if we are talking two evenly matched teams with Kawhi leading one and Lebron leading the other, I'll put my money on Kawhi walking away the victor, tbh.

Here's to hoping we get that Clippers vs Lakers series this year before Lebron gets any older.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do you dislike Kawhi? Because he split, right? Lebron did the same to Cleveland - even worse because he did it twice and that is his home area.

Kawhi was wrong for the way he exited the spurs. I honestly believe the story about him hiding in a janitor's closet in NYC when spurs officials were looking for him. It sorta fits the character of someone who has been highly traumatized the way he has with the loss of his father. But overall he still seems to have bigger balls than Lebron. He does not allow himself to get bodied by role players (both literally and metaphorically) the way Lebron has over the years(Jet Terry, Pat Beverley, etc) And honestly, if we are talking two evenly matched teams with Kawhi leading one and Lebron leading the other, I'll put my money on Kawhi walking away the victor, tbh.

Here's to hoping we get that Clippers vs Lakers series this year before Lebron gets any older.
    I don't dislike Kawhi, he's an extremely talented player, but he's simply never going to be a vocal, visible leader. Give me anything notable Kawhi has done off the court for the league, the players, the black community in general? Not even when he quit on the Spurs we ever heard a word from him. Same thing with Toronto.

At least when Lebron quit Cleveland (and BTW, he came back and won a ing ring for that cluster ), we had The Decision, tbh...

Frankly, I dread the day he's not around anymore... Who's going to be the league's voice? Beta Durant? ugh

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    CP0 aka CP3 does quite a bit for the players off the court. He is still a legendary choke artist I don't think the off the court stuff carries much weight, tbh. I liked it when Mike said republicans buy shoes too and just stayed out of that sh!t. Helps keep the game the game and helps players not look hypocritical the way some think Lebron looks with the China situation. Agree to disagree on that front.

Not sure who will be the face of the NBA when Lebron falls off. Luka, maybe? Don't see Giannis and for sure not Durbeta.

I don't dislike Kawhi, he's an extremely talented player, but he's simply never going to be a vocal, visible leader. Give me anything notable Kawhi has done off the court for the league, the players, the black community in general? Not even when he quit on the Spurs we ever heard a word from him. Same thing with Toronto.

At least when Lebron quit Cleveland (and BTW, he came back and won a ing ring for that cluster ), we had The Decision, tbh...

Frankly, I dread the day he's not around anymore... Who's going to be the league's voice? Beta Durant? ugh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

#2 got bodied by some role players when he was a Spur. He got bodied by Matt Barnes in '15 and Roberson who openly talked about him in the '16 playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP0 aka CP3 does quite a bit for the players off the court. He is still a legendary choke artist I don't think the off the court stuff carries much weight, tbh. I liked it when Mike said republicans buy shoes too and just stayed out of that sh!t. Helps keep the game the game and helps players not look hypocritical the way some think Lebron looks with the China situation. Agree to disagree on that front.

Not sure who will be the face of the NBA when Lebron falls off. Luka, maybe? Don't see Giannis and for sure not Durbeta.
    The only reason Chris Paul is brought up is because he has a gig with the union, IIRC, but he's definitely another guy that has done nothing to be vocal about the league or the black community... he's in the same boat as Carmelo Anthony, for example.

And of course what they do off the court carries weight. Kids, especially african american, look up to them... look how MJ got them to kill each other over a pair of shoes... that's why it's important to have somebody like Lebron, who has an impeccable at ude off the court to be a true role model, tbh...

I don't get the big deal with the China situation, tbh... POTUS was praising their president last January, and it's not like trailer trash don't go buy Chinese at Walmart, but now suddenly it's an issue for the Ted Cruz of the world.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    #2 got bodied by some role players when he was a Spur. He got bodied by Matt Barnes in '15 and Roberson who openly talked about him in the '16 playoffs.
    Did he really, though? I think that's a big part of the reason he wanted out of SA. I think he felt too constrained by Pop and the spur's system which prevented him from going full alpha-male...And he wanted no doubt about who the guy is on the team. We saw how he and uncle basically pulled the chair out from the rest of the league by going to the clippers and getting the Robin that he wanted all along. Pretty damn sinister and clever. And it wasn't like Lebron going to Miami and initially just hoping Wade would lead him to a le...he intentionally picks a guy who will never be confused as the man on that team in P.George.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I'll give Lebron his due on that end. He stays out of trouble...no raping hotel clerks or big gambling debts. Helps kids with school, etc. And he's probably the GOAT athlete. Would have been an all pro player in any major sport, TBH. Just too hard to look past his short comings on the floor to call him GOAT basketball player, tbh.

The only reason Chris Paul is brought up is because he has a gig with the union, IIRC, but he's definitely another guy that has done nothing to be vocal about the league or the black community... he's in the same boat as Carmelo Anthony, for example.

And of course what they do off the court carries weight. Kids, especially african american, look up to them... look how MJ got them to kill each other over a pair of shoes... that's why it's important to have somebody like Lebron, who has an impeccable at ude off the court to be a true role model, tbh...

I don't get the big deal with the China situation, tbh... POTUS was praising their president last January, and it's not like trailer trash don't go buy Chinese at Walmart, but now suddenly it's an issue for the Ted Cruz of the world.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    On a league where an austistic mute is overhyped as the 'best' player and other alleged stars miss games and their teams still win pivotal games in the playoffs, even an aging Lebron turned probably the worst team in the NBA in the past 5+ seasons in a insta-contender.

Then his off-the-court work is impeccable. Compare and contrast with Dad Killer gambling habits, Hakeem's illegitimate children, etc. When he's not taking over games, he's dunking all over Trump, tbh...

Not rooting for him or the Lakers, hopefully Hurricane Pedro kills everybody in the bubble, tbh, but you have to recognize greatness, IMVHO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People forget about LeMao

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    lol one playoff game where jason terry hit a shot in lebrons face and one regular season game where pat bev got a bizzare block at the end means "lebron has a history of getting bodied by role players omg!!!!!!!!!11!!1!"

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    lol one playoff game where jason terry hit a shot in lebrons face and one regular season game where pat bev got a bizzare block at the end means "lebron has a history of getting bodied by role players omg!!!!!!!!!11!!1!"
    Revisionist history, tbh.

Bench player Jason Eugene Terry outscored Lebron...for the series

If you want to talk just isolated moments, there's also that time when midget JJ Barea shut Lebron down on the block in that same series

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count

yes revisionist history indeed, because they were not matched up on each other. jet had the luxury of mostly playing against guys like chalmers, bibby, house and mike miller. lebron was mostly guarded by strong defenders like marion, kidd, stevenson etc.

If you want to talk just isolated moments, there's also that time when midget JJ Barea shut Lebron down on the block in that same series
    lol talk about revisionist history, when a still picture of lebron with his back to barea = "lebron got shut down on the block"

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

JET also called him out to the press saying he couldnt guard him and then delivered on the court so much for the self proclaimed goat

yes revisionist history indeed, because they were not matched up on each other. jet had the luxury of mostly playing against guys like chalmers, bibby, house and mike miller. lebron was mostly guarded by strong defenders like marion, kidd, stevenson etc.

lol talk about revisionist history, when a still picture of lebron with his back to barea = "lebron got shut down on the block"
    Wrong, Lebron was frequently guarding JET, especially in the 2nd half of games tbh

Also he offensive fouled JJB on that play so yeah, shut down

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    JET also called him out to the press saying he couldnt guard him and then delivered on the court so much for the self proclaimed goat

Wrong, Lebron was frequently guarding JET, especially in the 2nd half of games tbh

Yes thank you. That's called getting bodied by a 0 time all star, role player

Can't happen if you want to be in the GOAT conversation, imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those 2010&2011 playoff runs by Lebron will always hurt him against Dad killer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hurricane Pedo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

John Starks says hi...*

*I don't think LeBron is the GOAT, but so many of the arguments against him are pretty entertainingly stupid

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count

occasionally being on jet does not cons ute being the primary defender or bring outscored directly by him.

and that offensive fouling someone means they shut you down. I guess shaq got locked up by 80% of people who guarded him then. or that barea was a lockdown defender since he was one of the best in the nba at drawing offensive fouls. literally re ed.

"getting bodied"
    obsessed

John Starks says hi...*

*I don't think LeBron is the GOAT, but so many of the arguments against him are pretty entertainingly stupid
    this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I seem to remember a game where patty mills of all people shut down #2

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    occasionally being on jet does not cons ute being the primary defender or bring outscored directly by him.

and that offensive fouling someone means they shut you down. I guess shaq got locked up by 80% of people who guarded him then. or that barea was a lockdown defender since he was one of the best in the nba at drawing offensive fouls. literally re ed.

"getting bodied"
    obsessed

this.
    Jordan also got outscored by Danny Jehovah Witness Ainge in an elimination game, and he was his direct matchup

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers didn't make the playoffs when he got there so he didn't exactly turn them into an "insta-contender".

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did he really, though? I think that's a big part of the reason he wanted out of SA. I think he felt too constrained by Pop and the spur's system which prevented him from going full alpha-male...And he wanted no doubt about who the guy is on the team. We saw how he and uncle basically pulled the chair out from the rest of the league by going to the clippers and getting the Robin that he wanted all along. Pretty damn sinister and clever. And it wasn't like Lebron going to Miami and initially just hoping Wade would lead him to a le...he intentionally picks a guy who will never be confused as the man on that team in P.George.
    Pop's system never stopped Duncan from going full Alpha male during the playoffs. There are plenty of series where Duncan averaged 27-30 points a game. You should know this considering he had some of his best series against your mavs. #2 had the same green light Duncan had during the playoffs in '15 and '16. He did get bodied in '15 and '16 playoffs and the stats show it. Pop wasn't holding him back. He was holding himself back in those series.

In the '15 playoffs against the Clippers he dominated the first 4 games averaging 24.8 pts a game on a FG percentage of 60 percent. The next 3 games he shrunk and averaged 14.3 points on 29 percent FG percentage.

The '16 playoffs against the Thunder was a similar story. #2 had 3 great games in that series followed by 3 crap games. He had 3 games where he shot 39 percent or lower. Here is what Roberson said about #2 in that series Andre Roberson "In Game 2, I got a better feel for him (Kawhi Leonard), and kind of asserted my will on him." https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/n...-second-round/

When a srcub like Roberson believes he can shut you down that's embarrassing but #2 didn't do enough to silence Roberson throughout that series espescially when the Spurs were facing elimination in game 6. #2 in that elimination game shot 9/23 which is a FG percentage of 39 percent. Roberson ended the game on 14 pts on 62 percent shooting. Very embarrassing when a scrub who has no scoring ability drops that many points on you in an elimination game.

Roberson bodied #2 on this play for sure

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't forget that one All Star game where the Kobester blocked Lebron, tbh... Kobe got the "I've blocked Lebron" participation trophy too...

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You mean John Starks and his winless record vs Jordan in the playoffs?

John Starks says hi...*

Last edited by Dirks_Finale; 09-07-2020 at 03:47 PM.

Thread Information