Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn bethesda is a big get. but after the disaster that was Fallout 76 they gotta prove some

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn bethesda is a big get. but after the disaster that was Fallout 76 they gotta prove some
    Something I didn't think of until just now... now that Microsoft will be controlling Bethesda and Obsidian, maybe we see another Obsidian Fallout game. God I loved New Vegas, second only to Fallout 2 for me in the series. Obsidian was started by devs from Black Isle Studios who made the pre-Bethesda Fallouts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something I didn't think of until just now... now that Microsoft will be controlling Bethesda and Obsidian, maybe we see another Obsidian Fallout game. God I loved New Vegas, second only to Fallout 2 for me in the series. Obsidian was started by devs from Black Isle Studios who made the pre-Bethesda Fallouts.
    havent played 4 yet, still have the disc laying around.

i didnt finish New Vegas either, i ended up getting my PS4 while i was midway through my playthrough. might just be nostalgia but i honestly enjoyed Fallout 3 more than NV (from how far i had gotten)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    havent played 4 yet, still have the disc laying around.

i didnt finish New Vegas either, i ended up getting my PS4 while i was midway through my playthrough. might just be nostalgia but i honestly enjoyed Fallout 3 more than NV (from how far i had gotten)
    I like NV much more. More customization. Better writing, especially in some of the DLC. I thought the setting was way more interesting too, and since it was by the creators of the original Fallout games it felt much more like a Fallout game while Fallout 3 was like Elder Scrolls with guns and bad graphics IMO.

Fallout 4 is good. It's not as good as 3 or New Vegas, but still something you should definitely check out as a fan of the series. I didn't like any of the Fallout 4 DLC, but the base game was a solid 7.5/10, maybe 8/10.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Though I will say one of the DLC from New Vegas is absolutely horrible and one of the worst DLC ever made for a big budget game. But the other 3 DLC are really high quality for New Vegas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like NV much more. More customization. Better writing, especially in some of the DLC. I thought the setting was way more interesting too, and since it was by the creators of the original Fallout games it felt much more like a Fallout game while Fallout 3 was like Elder Scrolls with guns and bad graphics IMO.

Fallout 4 is good. It's not as good as 3 or New Vegas, but still something you should definitely check out as a fan of the series. I didn't like any of the Fallout 4 DLC, but the base game was a solid 7.5/10, maybe 8/10.
    Though I will say one of the DLC from New Vegas is absolutely horrible and one of the worst DLC ever made for a big budget game. But the other 3 DLC are really high quality for New Vegas.
    yeah i didnt get to any of the NV dlc yet, and i know you said some good things about one of them, Old World Blues or something like that?

Fallout 3 DLC was pretty hit or miss. the alien weapons were fun, but that DLC felt pretty out of place. I do remember loving The Pitt. the alaska simulation one was neat too, as was Point Lookout with that AI scientist guy. the postgame add-on DLC was meh.

i only have the fallout 4 base game, dont anticipate paying for DLC unless i end up really loving the game.

after i finish witcher 3 (already beat the main game and the first DLC, on blood and wine now), not sure what i'ma jump to next. probably bioshock 2 but i dont imagine that taking too long... but as far as more massive games i'm probably looking at Dark Souls 2, Nioh, or Rise of the Tomb Raider

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah i didnt get to any of the NV dlc yet, and i know you said some good things about one of them, Old World Blues or something like that?

Fallout 3 DLC was pretty hit or miss. the alien weapons were fun, but that DLC felt pretty out of place. I do remember loving The Pitt. the alaska simulation one was neat too, as was Point Lookout with that AI scientist guy. the postgame add-on DLC was meh.

i only have the fallout 4 base game, dont anticipate paying for DLC unless i end up really loving the game.

after i finish witcher 3 (already beat the main game and the first DLC, on blood and wine now), not sure what i'ma jump to next. probably bioshock 2 but i dont imagine that taking too long... but as far as more massive games i'm probably looking at Dark Souls 2, Nioh, or Rise of the Tomb Raider
    Rise of the Tomb Raider isn't that massive. It's like an Uncharted game in length, highly recommended though. Nioh is pretty long, I want to say I put around 100 hours into it. Yeah the Old World Blues DLC for New Vegas is amazing IMO. I really liked the one that took place in Zion National Park too. There was a DLC in New Vegas where you were a prisoner though which was terrible. I really liked Bioshock 2. I think it's pretty underrated, but that comes with the territory being the middle game of a trilogy where the first and third games were both so mindblowing. I don't figure the first had that same effect when you played it, but at launch Bioshock was the kind of game that made you think damn it was worth dropping $400 to buy a next gen system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of those guys aren't with Obsidian anymore. IIRC, the main writer for NV worked with Guerrilla in HZD....

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My favorite NV line

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn.. MS purchasing Bethesda is pretty significant. just got serious.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Microsoft is really investing heavy in gaming. They essentially bought GameStop and got them off the edge of the cliff.

Thread Information