Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This dude is out of the league in 5 years or will become forgotten like Dante Exum.
    Very possible. Like many players. I’m not advocating for him per se, more like warming up to the idea that he could be on the Spurs radar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very possible. Like many players. I’m not advocating for him per se, more like warming up to the idea that he could be on the Spurs radar.
    What makes you think he could be on the Spurs radar?

Not trying to rag on you, just really despise him as a prospect.

High dribble. Has only one speed driving to the basket = will get him in trouble in the NBA. Tremendously bad accuracy on his passes. Shoots like Precious on the perimeter (where he hops right after the shot... a sign that he's not a confident shooter). I know, he's been working on his shot but so are a hundred others. Avoids contact at the rim, so he'll have to be really efficient with his shots in the inside or else there's no foul call there... really similar to Lonnie in this aspect.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 10-08-2020 at 11:56 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m reading more on this guy. If the Spurs are going for a high ceiling player, and as for players who will still be around at 11, who are the best prospects for a high ceiling criteria: RJ, Precious, and Poku? RJ is a top prospect that is getting overlooked. Seems like he fits the Spurs MO for finding talent.
    But to answer your question...

Man, that's a tough one. I think almost every prospect has a high ceiling, they just have to be EXTREMELY lucky (like 3% chance) and be in the PERFECT situation to meet it. I don't think that's as simple as going to a top notch organization like the Spurs, per say. But it starts with the people around them, their motivation and mindset, and probably their personal life impacts a lot of things.

There's probably only a couple who I think don't have a high ceiling... Vassell, Saddiq Bey, Tyler Bey, and probably some other players who are a 1 trick pony.

I acknowledge Vassell and the two Beys probably have a high floor though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What makes you think he could be on the Spurs radar?

Not trying to rag on you, just really despise him as a prospect.

High dribble. Has only one speed driving to the basket = will get him in trouble in the NBA. Tremendously bad accuracy on his passes. Shoots like Precious on the perimeter (where he hops right after the shot... a sign that he's not a confident shooter). I know, he's been working on his shot but so are a hundred others. Avoids contact at the rim, so he'll have to be really efficient with his shots in the inside or else there's no foul call there... really similar to Lonnie in this aspect.
    No insider info. Just realized that he has been forgotten. He was a top 5 prospect. And really thinking of him was a jumping off point to consider high ceiling candidates that might be available. But your point is a good one— lots of candidates have a high ceiling in this class, mainly because there’s so many unknowns.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy already looks better than Dejounte Murray. He passes the eye test pretty easily imo based on that one highlights video.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy already looks better than Dejounte Murray. He passes the eye test pretty easily imo based on that one highlights video.
    Every player passes the eye test easily in highlight videos.

Even Dejounte Murray.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do.Not.Want.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every player passes the eye test easily in highlight videos.

Even Dejounte Murray.
    Actually I don't agree here. Murray looks too slow, shaky handles, and weaker looking finisher in those highlights. You can definitely chalk some of it up to the compe ion their respectively facing in the videos but Murray just doesn't seem confident or as in control in his best highlights still. I used to think he could develop a scoring pg mentality but honestly he just needs to be a 3 and D guy from now and slowly build from there. Currently he looks like a 10/15 min a night bench player still. Hopefully he becomes more efficient this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Interested to see where Spurs fans have him ranked now.

Do you see him as a PG or a SG?

I would argue that next to Wiseman, Poku, McDaniels and Jay Scrubb - has the best athletic profile for his position coming out of the draft.
    He has already been through a professional season ala LaMelo yet sought out professional guidance to address weaknesses - specifically mechanics, shooting form.
    His off-season workout videos show improved footwork examples too. If he has that step back move similar to Killian Hayes combined with his speed? He’s deadly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of time has passed for all of these players without organized ball. A few will have improved greatly. But figuring that out is the challenge for this draft. If the Spurs took Hampton I would be surprised, but hope that they saw improvements in his game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thank God. Dodged a bullet. Well, not really, the Spurs already knew how bad he is...only a few fans here were hyping him up.

Thread Information