Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Breaking News:
    Looks like Stockton is no longer a play by play commentator, perhaps sitting out this year due to Covid or maybe retired for good:

September 13, 2020

Maps will be posted on Wednesday, September 9.

NATIONAL BROADCASTS

Monday Night 10:10 ET: Tennessee @ Denver (ESPN; Steve Levy, Brian Griese, Louis Rid )Thursday Night: Houston @ Kansas City (NBC)

Sunday Night: Dallas @ LA Rams (NBC)

Monday Night 7:00 ET: Pittsburgh @ NY Giants (ESPN; Chris Fowler, Kirk Herbstreit)

CBS SINGLE

Miami @ New England
    Jim Nantz, Tony Romo

Cleveland @ Baltimore
    Ian Eagle, Charles Davis

Las Vegas @ Carolina
    Greg Gumbel, Rich Gannon

NY Jets @ Buffalo
    Andrew Catalon, James Lofton

Indianapolis @ Jacksonville
    Spero Dedes, Adam Archuleta

LA Chargers @ Cincinnati (LATE)
    Kevin Harlan, Trent Green

FOX EARLY
    Philadelphia @ Washington
    Kevin Burkhardt, Daryl Johnston

Chicago @ Detroit
    Kenny Albert, Jonathan Vilma

Green Bay @ Minnesota
    Chris Myers, Greg Jennings, Brock Huard

Seattle @ Atlanta
    Adam Amin, Mark Schlereth

FOX LATE
    Tampa Bay @ New Orleans
    Joe Buck, Troy Aikman

Arizona @ San Francisco
    Kevin Kugler, Chris Spielman

Ian Rapoport
    @RapSheet

#Broncos pass-rusher Von Miller suffered a lower leg injury in practice today, per me and MikeGarafolo. The fear is that he’s done for the season. But the MRI will tell all.
    Twitter · 21 mins ago

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Week 1 Predictions (no spread):

HOU 20 @ KC 34 - The Texans will certainly be worse this year, and the Chiefs will have a good amount of fans for their home opener, banner ceremony, etc. Look for the Chiefs to pick right back up where they left off in Februrary.

NYJ 20
    @ BUF 17 - Two lower-mid tier teams, but the Jets have the better QB and overall team. Buffalo's 2019 season was a fluke waiting to be exposed all along.

IND 31 @ JAX 10 - A middling team faces arguably the worst team in the NFL in 2020.

MIA 17 @ NE 24 - Belichick gets his (not adequate) revenge for last year's version of this meeting. Aided by special teams and defense more so than Newton.

CLE 13 @ BAL 30 - Better team just wins this time. The Browns should be about 6-10 in 2020.

LAC 17 @ CIN 20 - Joe Burrow won't get fans for his first game, but he'll wow nonetheless, similar to RG3 in New Orleans in 2012. Chargers will be more hapless than a lot of people expect in 2020 due to their lousy QB situation.

LV 35 @ CAR 13 - A colossal mismatch between a good (but not great) team, against a sorry excuse for a team in complete re-build mode, completely devoid of talent.

SEA 30 @ ATL 24 - Two quality NFC teams to watch in 2020. Fans wouldn't have made a difference either way.

PHI 33 @ WAS 16 - Similar to last year's affair, the Washington Whatever's take a surprising early lead, but without the talent to keep up, the Eagles fly and soar past them to the finish line.

CHI 24 @ DET 17 - Better team and defense wins out against the better QB.

GB 20 @ MIN 27 - Again, no fans makes the home/away less of an issue; Green Bay tends to lose the tough road games in the Rodgers era, the Vikings fans are loud, but they won't be there Week 1.

AZ 31 @ SF 34 - A shoot-out between one of the rising young explosive teams of the league and a recently-established stalwart. Home team wins, but low confidence due to lack of fans in California.

TB 30 @ NO 33 - With no fans in attendance, anyone can win. Look for an XFL-style offensive dominated game between 2 of the game's 5 best to every play, in their twilight years.

DAL 26 @ LAR 27 - Dallas dominates and leads most of the game, but a slew of special teams goofs late choke away the game. Greg "Legatron" Zuerlein sinks a sterling 4/5 in his return to LA, but his final miss on the last play of the game, last-ditch drive is the game-loser.

PIT 24 @ NYG 21 - Closer than many expect, but the better team ultimately prevails.

TEN 23 @ DEN 24 - Broncos will be allowing fans, and they are very difficult to beat at home in September due to the al ude + heat combo. What a weird week of weather for Denver. 95 degree Labor Day weekend, snowing and freezing mid-this week, then back to the upper 80s in time for the Week 1 home game. Can it be any more bipolar than this?!?

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Wait, this is going on with fans?

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Some will, some won't iirc.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Stadiums will be at like 20% capacity.

If it’s an outdoor stadium then it’s pretty low risk, especially when you compare it to other people are doing in Murica right now like flying on airplanes or attending Trump rallies.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Chiefs are doing like 40-45% for the home opener (w/banner ceremony, but everyone must wear mask) and then 25% indefinitely until the vaccine, end of COVID etc.

Most outdoor stadiums will have some ~20-25% capacity around the league. Cowboys are planning on roughly 50%, but that's Jerry Jones all day. It's a huge stadium so it won't be that full. Indoor stadiums like the Saints, Falcons and Vikings might not be able to host fans at all until the vaccine.

But even for outdoor teams, the Packers and Jags will not have fans in September that I know of, and there are others too (think left-wing California).

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Saints plan on having around 20-25% capacity after week 1, and they will be doing a rotation for the season ticket holders.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Saints plan on having around 20-25% capacity after week 1, and they will be doing a rotation for the season ticket holders.
    But they don't have a retractable roof? How will that work? The virus is airborne and masks are not air-tight. There will be a lot of criticism if a lot of Saints fans, especially since they have a more elderly average-age fanbase, contract and die of covid.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    But they don't have a retractable roof? How will that work? The virus is airborne and masks are not air-tight. There will be a lot of criticism if a lot of Saints fans, especially since they have a more elderly average-age fanbase, contract and die of covid.
    No one is forcing elderly to go to the games. If they're scared of the virus, then they don't have to go. Wal Mart and Costco don't have retractable roofs, and the last couple times I've been to them, people were elbow to elbow due to the crowds.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    No one is forcing elderly to go to the games. If they're scared of the virus, then they don't have to go. Wal Mart and Costco don't have retractable roofs, and the last couple times I've been to them, people were elbow to elbow due to the crowds.
    I'm just sayin'. Every time I see a Saints Superdome game I see more old people in the stands than I do at virtually any other NFL stadium, even for example Arizona or the Florida teams (though the Florida teams are generally losers with apathetic fanbases anyways). If only the younger Saints fans go.... well that's one good way to drastically reduce the size of your audience!

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Crap, Von Miller might be out for the rest of his career, he's 31. Sad. He'll still make the HOF though.

Broncos go from 7-9 to 5-11 or 4-12, sadly.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    September 13, 2020

All listings are unofficial and subject to change. Check back often for updates.

NATIONAL BROADCASTS

CBS SINGLE
    Anchorage
    Fairbanks
    Honolulu

Miami @ New England
    Jim Nantz, Tony Romo

Cleveland @ Baltimore
    Ian Eagle, Charles Davis

Las Vegas @ Carolina
    Greg Gumbel, Rich Gannon

NY Jets @ Buffalo
    Andrew Catalon, James Lofton

Indianapolis @ Jacksonville
    Spero Dedes, Adam Archuleta

LA Chargers @ Cincinnati (LATE)
    Kevin Harlan, Trent Green

FOX EARLY Anchorage
    Fairbanks
    Honolulu

Philadelphia @ Washington
    Kevin Burkhardt, Daryl Johnston

Chicago @ Detroit
    Kenny Albert, Jonathan Vilma

Green Bay @ Minnesota
    Chris Myers, Greg Jennings, Brock Huard

Seattle @ Atlanta
    Adam Amin, Mark Schlereth

FOX LATE Anchorage
    Fairbanks
    Honolulu

Tampa Bay @ New Orleans
    Joe Buck, Troy Aikman

Arizona @ San Francisco
    Kevin Kugler, Chris Spielman

Thursday Night: Houston @ Kansas City (NBC)
    Sunday Night: Dallas @ LA Rams (NBC)
    Monday Night 7:00 ET: Pittsburgh @ NY Giants (ESPN; Chris Fowler, Kirk Herbstreit)
    Monday Night 10:10 ET: Tennessee @ Denver (ESPN; Steve Levy, Brian Griese, Louis Rid )

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    vegas has already said they're not having any fans. i believe carolina has no fans (they refunded all the tickets i had bought). its a city by city thing

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    vegas has already said they're not having any fans. i believe carolina has no fans (they refunded all the tickets i had bought). its a city by city thing
    Davis was given the option by the state/city to have up to about a third capacity. He chose to cut off his nose to spite his face. "All fans or no fans"... only the Raiders.

so yeah, these will be basically XFL / high school games... better team wins, no home advantage. Raiders have the better team, though. Panthers don't have a compe ive roster for the NFL.... maybe they can join the SEC and compete for a final 4 birth there, since mainstay perennials like tOSU, Michigan, Wisconsin, Oregon etc won't have a chance this year.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Stadiums will be at like 20% capacity.

If it’s an outdoor stadium then it’s pretty low risk, especially when you compare it to other people are doing in Murica right now like flying on airplanes or attending Trump rallies.
    Not really, the risk is high unless you expect these people to hold their piss in the whole game

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Not really, the risk is high unless you expect these people to hold their piss in the whole game
    you wear your mask to the b-room and wash your hands after you piss and use a paper towel for the door. I've been doing it for a decade pre-covid (well, aside from the mask part). It's not hard

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Like I said, it’s low risk compared to people jamming onto a narrow body airplane at 67% and breathing the same recycled air.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Like I said, it’s low risk compared to people jamming onto a narrow body airplane at 67% and breathing the same recycled air.
    agreed

why not just cancel flights? I don't get how seattle will even be able to win home games this year tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Chiefs are doing like 40-45% for the home opener (w/banner ceremony, but everyone must wear mask) and then 25% indefinitely until the vaccine, end of COVID etc.
    That makes no sense. They’ve assessed the risk and determined that 25% is OK. But hey...home opener....

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    That makes no sense. They’ve assessed the risk and determined that 25% is OK. But hey...home opener....
    But it's not just *any* home opener. It's their first SB le in many generations, the annual banner ceremony, the music, etc. Once a year NFL and sporting event / ritual. Who knows if they'll ever get to have that ceremony again? Mahomes could break his leg and miss the rest of his career, or maybe they just won't be good enough to get back there. Eveyone knows NFL = "Not For Long".

It's a once in a lifetime event. Let the fans be. With masks on, outside, they should be fine.

Only issue is rain is in the forecast for all day tomorrow:

https://weather.com/weather/hourbyho...d384aede4f1f86

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    This guy simply does not know football.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    What an awful list of predictions

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    This guy simply does not know football.
    I know that Carolina will be firmly in the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes, which is good news for them.

Thread Information