Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The defense was awful on the first couple drives but the bottom line is, they gave up 20 points to a great offense that is finally fully healthy (NOT the same banged up team the Patriots held to 3 points in the SB and struggled much of last year) with an offensive kid genius at the helm and a new slate of weapons and better O-Line and a freshly motivated Robert Woods and Cooper Kupp fresh off the contract extensions.

Belly-ache about the defense all you want, but they gave up 20 points, most of them early in the game... and got off the field when they needed to. If your QB is unwilling to throw anything longer than 6-7 yard routes the whole game because he's afraid an interception might depreciate the monetary terms of the contract he is seeking, then you need a new quarterback. One that plays for the team, not himself. Plain and simple.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Why are people surpirsed Belichick would allow Newton to be himself? He doesn't hate Black players being Black, unlike Popovich.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    When I give vanilla in the end it always comes out 8 pounds and milk chocolate 9 months later. So I'm done giving the vanilla stick for now. Biatch.
    That's the funniest thing you've ever posted on here.
    10/10

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The guys are running their routes. The problem is having a QB with no balls to throw the deep in, the deep corner, the 25 yard crossing route because it *might* not be a guaranteed completion; instead opting for the 4 yard under route and a serious loss on time.

Garrett isn't a great coach; McCarthy is a Super Bowl Champion. But neither are the problem. Romo, under Garrett (and Phillips, and Parcells) came back and won such games. Or, at least got the team into FG range where they had a chance.

Prescott is simply scared, incompetent, and afraidy-cat that a *possible* interception might shave dollars off his upcoming contract, whatever poor sorry-ass team is willing to sign him for the amount he and Todd France want (I don't think it's the Cowboys anymore) and his selfishness is going to deep-six yet another Cowboys season. I can't wait until this 4th-round talent, hip-twerking prick is -- at long last -- off the Cowboys.

/rant
    Idk...Dak looks pretty accurate going downfield to me. I don't know if it's him or the coaches that are dictating all the short throws.
    Hopefully it isn't Dak worried about his completion rate in light of getting a contract.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Idk...Dak looks pretty accurate going downfield to me. I don't know if it's him or the coaches that are dictating all the short throws.
    Hopefully it isn't Dak worried about his completion rate in light of getting a contract.
    The completion % for sure, and keeping interceptions to as near zero as possible.

The Gallup/Ramsey play was a bad call. Ramsey pulled a Chris Fall/Derek Fisher. Ramsey is a diva drama queen who is still butt-hurt about the Cowboys drafting Zeke over him in '16. Just like the Hillary lovers; #stillasshurt about 2016. That should be fined and suspended for flopping, tbh.

But it still doesn't excuse Prescott for officially not going deep the whole game (since, ya know, the one to Gallup didn't officially count). And intermediate routes, which should be the core strength of having Gallup/Cooper/Lamb all on the field at once. They HAVE to hit the 15-20 yard plays consistently.

The problem I'm identifying is that Prescott is scared of throwing against zone defenses that aren't Charmin-soft prevent zone. If it's man to man there's minimal risk of interception like on the Gallup/Ramsey play. But any kind of "confusing" zone? 4 yards and a cloud of dust, all night baby. Gotta protect that contract against any turnovers.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The completion % for sure, and keeping interceptions to as near zero as possible.

The Gallup/Ramsey play was a bad call. Ramsey pulled a Chris Fall/Derek Fisher. Ramsey is a diva drama queen who is still butt-hurt about the Cowboys drafting Zeke over him in '16. Just like the Hillary lovers; #stillasshurt about 2016. That should be fined and suspended for flopping, tbh.

But it still doesn't excuse Prescott for officially not going deep the whole game (since, ya know, the one to Gallup didn't officially count). And intermediate routes, which should be the core strength of having Gallup/Cooper/Lamb all on the field at once. They HAVE to hit the 15-20 yard plays consistently.

The problem I'm identifying is that Prescott is scared of throwing against zone defenses that aren't Charmin-soft prevent zone. If it's man to man there's minimal risk of interception like on the Gallup/Ramsey play. But any kind of "confusing" zone? 4 yards and a cloud of dust, all night baby. Gotta protect that contract against any turnovers.
    Again...idk...in the first half, he made some very good throws downfield. He's going to get paid regardless so I hope he's not letting that enter into his head. I'm assuming he took out massive insurance like Cousins to cover himself if he gets hurt. So he either signs a big contract or gets the franchise tag $. If he stays on the franchise tag, he should be covered by insurance.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Again...idk...in the first half, he made some very good throws downfield. He's going to get paid regardless so I hope he's not letting that enter into his head. I'm assuming he took out massive insurance like Cousins to cover himself if he gets hurt. So he either signs a big contract or gets the franchise tag $. If he stays on the franchise tag, he should be covered by insurance.
    They weren't really downfield though. The stat sheet might say Gallup had a 24 yard completion and Lamb a 33 yard completion, but in reality those were 10 yard throws that the receiver took for the extra yards. The Gallup spin move along the sideline against Ramsey was especially impressive.

The problem is is that Prescott is too scared to throw intermediate/deep against zone coverage (particularly cover-evens) unless the receiver is WIIIIIIIIIIIIDE open, and that's a problem. You have to have a guy who will make those throws. Sure, you don't want a bunch of interceptions, but... no risk-it, no biscuit.

My Team
    New York Giants
    Post Count
    Another Garrettbot similarity is how they made absolutely no adjustments to help a struggling offensive linemen, McCarthy just kept an undrafted rookie out on an island by himself the entire night.
    WE HAVE A "NEXT MAN UP" PHILOSOPHY....

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    WE HAVE A "NEXT MAN UP" PHILOSOPHY....
    Sup Giants boy. How you gonna pass protect against TJ Watt tonight, ginger?

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Another Garrettbot similarity is how they made absolutely no adjustments to help a struggling offensive linemen, McCarthy just kept an undrafted rookie out on an island by himself the entire night.
    rofl, reminded me of that one game against the Falcons a few years ago when Tyron Smith was out and his backup gave up 6 sacks to some journeyman defensive end because The Bot refused to adjust and give him help. Funniest part was when he left Dak in the game when it was a blowout only for him to take more of a beating. Didn't even have the programming to adjust and bring in the backup quarterback

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    McCarthy applying those analytics

36/7/7
    My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    So excited to watch Ben

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Big Ben looks like he just injured himself again, tbh.
    Last edited by DAF86; 09-14-2020 at 06:42 PM.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    ben is missing a lot of throws. looking like a slow and fat josh allen out there

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Wow, impressive play by Watt there.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Garret doesn't even care to put a guy on Dupree.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    :

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Better playcall than I ever saw from the Bot in Dallas

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Roethlisberger is moving about as fast as prime Jared Lorenzen.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    This Maria Taylor (the sideline reporter) is a DIME Piece

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    This Maria Taylor (the sideline reporter) is a DIME Piece
    Was just about to ask who that chick was, tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Jason Garrett offense... feed Ze- I mean Saquon... 10 carries for -10 yards, LMFAO

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Daniel Jones >>> Dak.

Dak probably takes the 4 yard checkdown and they punt. Daniel Jones has BALLS like his Giants predecessor, what a throw from the endzone. Sad the Cowboys don't have that kind of QB, tbh.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    You have to be a hardcore NFL fan to watch these two teams.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    You have to be a hardcore NFL fan to watch these two teams.
    Who the decided that this would be a good MNF game?

Thread Information