Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Vegas wins!! Millennial messiah still in!!!

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    figures we're both the first out this year.
    out with a bang

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    I was going to go with Ravens over Browns, why didn't I do it? Watch the Steelers crap the bed tomorrow.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I was going to go with Ravens over Browns, why didn't I do it? Watch the Steelers crap the bed tomorrow.
    Because it's a dumb idea to pick the very best teams in the league in week 1. If you're trying to win a large survivor pool you don't do that.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Because it's a dumb idea to pick the very best teams in the league in week 1. If you're trying to win a large survivor pool you don't do that.
    Yeah, I know a lot of guys do that but I don't get the reasoning. What's the difference between using the Ravens now and using them later? You are still going to use them in games where they are heavily favoured. Using them in close prediction games is dumb, so what's the difference in using the Ravens in week 1 vs the Browns or using the Ravens vs the Jets in week 11? If anything, it makes more sense to use them earlier. Go for the sure thing now to stay alive and worry about the other weeks later.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yeah, I know a lot of guys do that but I don't get the reasoning. What's the difference between using the Ravens now and using them later? You are still going to use them in games where they are heavily favoured. Using them in close prediction games is dumb, so what's the difference in using the Ravens in week 1 vs the Browns or using the Ravens vs the Jets in week 11?
    The idea is, you make sketchier picks earlier on, and save the best / most favored teams for later, when the rest of the survival pool compe ors don't have those teams available.

since I picked the Raiders week 1 and they won, I get to pick any other team in week 2. I've got some good ideas for week 2 (Arizona over the 'Skins, 49ers over the Jets, Packers over Lions, etc) but I'll wait until mid week to officially choose.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    the idea is, you make sketchier picks earlier on, and save the best / most favored teams for later, when the rest of the survival pool compe ors don't have those teams available.

since I picked the Raiders week 1 and they won, I get to pick any other team in week 2. I've got some good ideas for week 2 (Arizona over the 'Skins, 49ers over the Jets, Packers over Lions, etc) but I'll wait until mid week to officially choose.
    One of those sketchier picks go wrong and you can't use the rest of the way, like it happened to my hermanos spurraider21 and Robz4000

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    One of those sketchier picks go wrong and you can't use the rest of the way, like it happened to my hermanos spurraider21 and Robz4000
    But the funny thing is, they weren't alone. That was the top "survivor" pick on NFL Gameday on NFL Network this morning, pretty unanimously.

I myself actually considered the Colts a little safer (though not as "safe" as, say, the Ravens or even the Pats) but I wanted to get the Raiders out the way because of their sketchy defense.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    I'm making my week 2 pick now, since I might forget during the weekend.

Chiefs over Chargers.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Green Bay over Detroit

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    If I'm correct only 4 players remaining and it's only week 2

benefactor, Millennial_Messiah, Darth_Pelican and me

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    If I'm correct only 4 players remaining and it's only week 2

benefactor, Millennial_Messiah, Darth_Pelican and me
    1. Low participation rate this year
    2. Too much faith in washed-up Philip Rivers

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I'm making my week 2 pick now, since I might forget during the weekend.

Chiefs over Chargers.
    I'd recommend saving the Chiefs for later, but okay. The Chargers defense looked quite good a couple days ago so... who knows.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Millennial Messiah Pick (Week 2, 2020):

Atlanta Falcons @ Dallas Cowboys.

Reasoning: The Falcons are just the better team at this point, especially considering the Cowboys O-line injuries. The Falcons played very well on Week 1 on both sides of the ball, but had bad luck on 4th down (both sides of the ball) and lost to IMO the best team in the NFC and possibly the NFL. The Falcons' formidable defensive front will get after Dak Prescott and the Cowboys' banged up line. I don't think Kellen Moore will adjust the offense in time. On the other side of the ball, Matt Ryan should be able to dominate against a pair of safeties that couldn't cover for a split second on Sunday night. The Falcons look like a very good NFC contender in 2020. The Cowboys are still beginning to sort things out.

Lastly, Mike McCarthy is NOT like Jason Garrett; with Green Bay, he was notorious for being streaky (i.e. going on losing streaks and then big winning streaks) as opposed to Jason Garrett's lose-one, win-one, lose-one, win a couple approach. Garrett's Cowboys always played their best after a heartbreaking loss, like Sunday night. McCarthy's Packers, on the other hand, tended to follow up such a loss with another loss. But, on the bright side, McCarthy's Packers went on some long winning streaks and beat better teams in the process than Garrett ever did.

Falcons 31
    Cowboys 24.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    49ers over Jets

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I like that pick too, but I'm strangely concerned about it from a 49ers perspective. You think that system is too good to fail and they lost because Arizona really is that good too (that's my theory) but there is also the other possibility (25-30%) chance that they're feeling the hangover and it's real, especially after their defensive leader (no longer an elite corner, but still the emotional leader of the secondary) Sherman went out for the season [UPDATE: he might actually only miss three weeks: source (https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-sources-say)].

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    PICKS??? Only 5 minutes left guys. #WakeUP

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    HAHAHAHA FALCONS LOST!!! I'm out, see you in 2021

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Only 3 guys left

Darth_Pelican
    benefactor
    DAF86 (maybe)

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Of ing course I'm gonna lose when picking the Chiefs.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Of ing course I'm gonna lose when picking the Chiefs.
    that's what you get for picking them in ing week 2 tbh

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    eh. supposed to make the obvious picks early. most people get eliminated in the first 2-3 weeks because they try to get cute to save teams for later

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    eh. supposed to make the obvious picks early. most people get eliminated in the first 2-3 weeks because they try to get cute to save teams for later
    well the Falcons had it... they had it... they HAD it.... in the bag...

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Wow, Mahomes is the GOAT. 3rd & 20 and he runs for 21.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    The strategy lives on.

Thread Information