Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    @ that daily beast fake news headline that they debunk in their own article

U.S. Admits That Congressman Offered Pardon to Assange If He Covered Up Russia Links

LONDON—Lawyers representing the United States at Julian Assange’s extradition trial in Britain have accepted the claim that the WikiLeaks founder was offered a presidential pardon by a congressman on the condition that he would help cover up Russia’s involvement in hacking emails from the Democratic National Committee.

Jennifer Robinson, a lawyer, told the court that she had attended a meeting between Assange, then Republican Congressman Dana Rohrabacher, and pro-Trump troll Charles Johnson at Assange’s hide-out, the Ecuadorian embassy in London, on August 15, 2017.

Robinson said the two Americans claimed to be emissaries from Washington and “wanted us to believe they were acting on behalf of the president.” The pair allegedly told Assange that they could help grant him a pardon in exchange for him revealing information about the source of the WikiLeaks information that proved it was not the Russians who hacked Democratic emails.

“They stated that President Trump was aware of and had approved of them coming to meet with Mr. Assange to discuss a proposal—and that they would have an audience with the president to discuss the matter on their return to Washington, D.C.,” Robinson said.

The White House has denied that Trump took part in any such plan.

The claim itself is not new—Assange’s lawyers previewed the allegation in a pre-trial hearing in February—but this is the first time Robinson’s testimony has been heard in full. The WikiLeaks lawyer said Rohrabacher offered Assange the deal a year after emails that damaged Hillary Clinton in the presidential race had been published, when the Russia investigation was gathering pace. The stolen DNC emails posted by WikiLeaks were hacked by Russian operatives.

After Robinson read her testimony in a London courtroom on Friday, lawyers representing the U.S. accepted the witness statement as accurate and confirmed they had no intention of cross-examining the claim. They did dispute, however, that President Donald Trump gave his blessing for the pardon offer.

James Lewis, who was representing the U.S. government, said, “The position of the government is we don't contest these things were said. We obviously do not accept the truth of what was said by others.”

Rohrabacher, who was known as Putin’s favorite congressman, partially corroborated the claim back in February, saying at the time, “I spoke to Julian Assange and told him if he would provide evidence about who gave WikiLeaks the emails I would pe ion the president to give him a pardon... He knew I could get to the president.”

Rohrabacher said he followed up the meeting by calling then White House chief of staff John Kelly to discuss the pardon. However, the ex-congressman said he never spoke to Trump about it.

Regardless, Assange turned the offer down, his lawyers said.

Assange has argued that he should not be extradited to the U.S. because the American case against him is politically motivated. He spent almost seven years hiding in the Ecuadorian embassy in Central London, claiming that he would be jailed in the U.S. if he wasn’t granted asylum. He was kicked out of the embassy last year.

If Assange fails in his fight against extradition to the U.S., he will face 18 charges including conspiracy to commit computer intrusion, which, his defense argues, could result in a prison sentence of 175 years.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/us-adm...a=twitter_page

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Assange declined a pardon from Dump to save his sauces. Damn

Hes a hero

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    postponed

The British judge hearing Julian Assange's arguments against extradition to the United States has agreed to a request by his lawyers to delay her decision until after the November presidential election.
    https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe/...25-p55zf2.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a way, the terms of the question answer the question. Assange will be punished precisely because he revealed truths about the US war in Afghanistan and Iraq and helped to turn opinion against it.

Why is Biden Prosecuting Assange for Telling the Truth about Afghanistan?

The Biden administration is stubbornly pursuing the extradition of Julian Assange, who exposed the corrupt motives and doomed policies behind the War on Terror. This unprecedented political prosecution poses a grave threat to truth telling and freedom of the press.
    Commentators across the media have drawn parallels between the U.S. withdrawal from Kabul and the fall of Saigon in 1975. Four years before the exit from Vietnam, The New York Times, The Washington Post and 17 other newspapers published the Pentagon Papers, a classified archive showing that U.S. intervention in Vietnam had been wrong from the start, and was prolonged for decades through deliberate deception.
    One of us, Daniel Ellsberg, released those files. Fifty years after his case was dismissed due to governmental criminal misconduct, the American bombing and occupation of Vietnam is viewed near-unanimously as an ill-fated policy whose pursuit was morally wrong. The parallels between that case and the work of Assange—and his source, U.S. Army whistleblower Chelsea Manning—are striking. Thanks in large part to their revelations a decade ago, Americans are increasingly seeing our occupation and bombing of Afghanistan in a similar light to our Vietnam policy.
    When Assange published hundreds of thousands of classified military and diplomatic do ents in 2010, the public was given an unprecedented window into the lack of justification and the futility of the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. The truth was hidden by a generation of governmental lies. Assange's efforts helped show the American public what their government was doing in their name.
    Assange summed up his anti-war ethos at a 2011 rally in London. "The goal is justice, the method is transparency," he said. "If wars can be started by lies, peace can be started by truth."
    Manning told the judge in her court-martial, "I wanted the American public to know that not everyone in Iraq and Afghanistan were targets that needed to be neutralized, but rather people who were struggling to live." Manning and Assange acted on their belief that the public deserved to see the reality of these wars and the horrors of how they were conducted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "peacemaker Trump"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This revelation is good as it makes the Extradition to US impossible now

But the toothless brits will probably let him die in the cell anyway

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

your boy Trump, making peace and fighting the deep state

hater

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    your boy Trump, making peace and fighting the deep state

hater
    you thinking Biden wouldnt discuss it either

partisan lemming

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hater making up when cornered and pasting it over with emoijs

hater's BDS/TDS abides

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hater making up when cornered and pasting it over with emoijs

wimpy
    whinetroll mad at being exposed as teh partisan lemming he is

Thinking Biden would not discuss murdering Assange

whinetrll

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whinetroll mad at being exposed as teh partisan lemming he is

Thinking Biden would not discuss murdering Assange

whinetrll
    How the tune changes when you are #StillWithHin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "peacemaker Trump"

Pompeo confirms the story is bona fide

https://news.yahoo.com/pompeo-source...234907037.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you thinking Biden wouldnt discuss it either

partisan lemming
    I neither said nor implied any such thing.

hater's BDS

hater's TDS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Assange to be extradited and prosecuted.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-59608641

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Called it!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prediction in politics and law is a fool's game.

Also, hater's go-to.

Thread Information