Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "According to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski, Hammon and Joerger are among more than a dozen candidates who will participate in a first round of virtual interviews. San Antonio's Will Hardy, Miami's Dan Craig and Chris Quinn, Dallas' Jamahl Mosley and Stephen Silas, Milwaukee's Darvin Ham and Charles Lee, Orlando's Pat Delany, Minnesota's David Vanterpool, Philadelphia's Ime Udoka, Brooklyn's Jacque Vaughn and Portland's Nate Tibbetts are some of the other assistant coaches listed in Woj's report. "

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ing-interviews

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess we know where Tony is moving to.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stephen A said Nash got the job because white privilege. I wonder what he'll say if Becky gets hired in Indy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She can peace the out as far as I'm concerned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "More than a dozen candidates" doesn't exactly strike me with confidence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jacque Vaughn being hired wouldn't surprise me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She is exercising her white privilege again imho. Disgusting. And she didn’t kneel for the national anthem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Becky is on everyone's list of coaching interviewees , you see her name pop up every time there is an open coaching position. This isn't really newsworthy.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be happy to see her leave.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess we know where Tony is moving to.

i've had to steer clear of this subject since my misogyny ban

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know why the Pacers fired Nate. What were they expecting? They aren't a top team in the East. It's a miracle they even made the playoffs as high a seed as they did

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know why the Pacers fired Nate. What were they expecting? They aren't a top team in the East. It's a miracle they even made the playoffs as high a seed as they did
    Sometimes it's not about actual performance but about ownership's expectations, which can be unpredictable. There are also plenty of cases where terrible coaches keep their jobs far too long, and that's the flipside of this coin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow. A rare moment of agreement. She can GTFO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are people so down on Becky? She's at worse a replacement level coach which is the best we can expect in the post POP movement. You people are just sourpusses

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nate is still better than anyone they are going to hire to replace him.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are people so down on Becky? She's at worse a replacement level coach which is the best we can expect in the post POP movement. You people are just sourpusses
    Not down on her. She's adequate, which makes her a top 15 coach right off. But we're not pushing Legend Duncan down in the pecking order for WNBA Becky.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stephen A said Nash got the job because white privilege. I wonder what he'll say if Becky gets hired in Indy?
    Yeah them with that bull . Honestly she absolutely has that look of an obsessed, OK with putting in the unpaid-overtime hours, BASKETBALL-God-then anything else type of coach. I actually think she should be our head coach. Why not?

Just think, most coaches past, present and all the black dudes who "can't get a job", don't have a resume that screams.. can't miss. There's only a handful who have proven themselves. Even then then many, if not most of them landed on a team with great players or drafted the obvious #1 college player. I think Becky has an excellent shot. The pool available is just too close to call.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd love to have someone as smart and passionate and creative as Becky coaching our rookies. She is 100% mentally engaged the entire game unlike the average checked out stooge we see floating around the league.

Pop is mentally checked out and suffering hardcore TDS. Nov. 3 is wreck him something hardcore. Let him come home and get treatment and let the Spurs get back to winning games instead of sending "social messages".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not down on her. She's adequate, which makes her a top 15 coach right off. But we're not pushing Legend Duncan down in the pecking order for WNBA Becky.
    I wonder if Tim would want a head coach position in the NBA. I think he enjoys being an assistant because it isn't all consuming like a head coach. That's really a 24/7 gig.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if Tim would want a head coach position in the NBA. I think he enjoys being an assistant because it isn't all consuming like a head coach. That's really a 24/7 gig.
    I figure he joined up to be groomed for the position, tbh.

And in the event that Becky were to be hired as HC, I don't see Tim staying on.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I figure he joined up to be groomed for the position, tbh.

And in the event that Becky were to be hired as HC, I don't see Tim staying on.
    Interesting insight into the mind of a misogynistic asshole. You just can’t help yourself.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting insight into the mind of a misogynistic asshole. You just can’t help yourself.
    Your bleeding vag doesn't matter to me.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Her agent has to be sweating this summer hard

Because assistants on lottery teams don't get a lot of head coaching opportunities I'm guessing.

And if she doesn't get a HC job this time around, imagine if the Spurs miss the playoffs again in the loaded West with Pop's Boylen-esque coaching

Then another year after Aldridge and DDR are gone for good or just in awful decline.

No better time than now before the stigma of Pop's proteges all being regular season only coaches becomes widespread

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can’t see any team take the chance. A team full of alpha men that have got to the pinnacle of their sport don’t want to be bossed around by a woman, right or wrong. Ownership know this to an extent and won’t take the chance purely for that reason. In saying that, every team will be keen to be seen interviewing her and saying ‘she was so close’ to look the part of being a new age, inclusive organization.

Thread Information