Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    For the 5th time in 2 years... all he needs is a field goal to tie or win... 2 minute drive, with at least a timeout... and once again, not even close. Not even past midfield.

He's not worth a long term contract unless it's backup level salary ($20 Million/year and under). He's not even worth another franchise tag. If he wants big money, he can try his luck in Jacksonville or some ty team loaded with cap space like that... but they'll surely find out the truth soon enough, as they did on Foles.

The biggest, and most important flaw on the Cowboys is the QUARTERBACK position. In my preseason rankings I had Prescott ranked around #20 and people ridiculed me. Well, my voice is canon, once again. Top 15 quarterbacks get their team into field goal range in such situations. Top 5-10 quarterbacks often even get a TD.

Prescott is NOT worth Goff, Rodgers, Wilson, Cousins, Big Rape, or (god forbid) Watson money. He's not even worth Tannehill, Carr or Stafford money.

Dak Prescott is NOT a Franchise Quarterback.

discuss

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Dak didn't play his best game.. but bottom line if anybody else besides Ramsey was covering Gallup that is not a PI call. Dak made the play he needed to.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Dak was one bad OPI call from SNF win without preseason practice. He is the best QB in his division and looks to be for the foreseeable future. it would be re ed to let him go

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    For the 5th time in 2 years... all he needs is a field goal to tie or win... 2 minute drive, with at least a timeout... and once again, not even close. Not even past midfield.

He's not worth a long term contract unless it's backup level salary ($20 Million/year and under). He's not even worth another franchise tag. If he wants big money, he can try his luck in Jacksonville or some ty team loaded with cap space like that... but they'll surely find out the truth soon enough, as they did on Foles.

The biggest, and most important flaw on the Cowboys is the QUARTERBACK position. In my preseason rankings I had Prescott ranked around #20 and people ridiculed me. Well, my voice is canon, once again. Top 15 quarterbacks get their team into field goal range in such situations. Top 5-10 quarterbacks often even get a TD.

Prescott is NOT worth Goff, Rodgers, Wilson, Cousins, Big Rape, or (god forbid) Watson money. He's not even worth Tannehill, Carr or Stafford money.

discuss
    I don't know how long you think this window is going to be open. Zeke will be done in a year or two. Cooper gone. Much of the O-line. Are you suggesting a rebuild?

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Dak was one bad OPI call from SNF win without preseason practice. He is the best QB in his division and looks to be for the foreseeable future. it would be re ed to let him go
    You need a new avatar where his superman costume is in Patriots colors brah

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I don't know how long you think this window is going to be open. Zeke will be done in a year or two. Cooper gone. Much of the O-line. Are you suggesting a rebuild?
    There isn't really a window in the first place if Prescott is the QB. It's like the Vikings a few years back with Keenum the QB. They had a top flight defense, they were a QB away, and they blew all their eggs on a marginally better QB. Now, their roster is gutted and they are a middling team once again.

I'm not suggesting a rebuild, but on the Zeke front, yeah you've got to preserve him in terms of spreading around the carries to extend his career and longevity. Cooper gone, why? He's young and just entering his prime. Cooper/Gallup/Lamb can all be on the team at market value; McCarthy's Packers were known for carrying 3 high paid WRs at a time. That's not the problem. Having 3 elite WRs at elite WR market value is a strength, not a weakness. Having a league-average (at best) starting QB at top 3-5 QB market value, on the other hand, is a grave weakness. Poor Vikings.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Do you make a trade for Minshew when the Jags draft a QB next year?

Dak not looking at 30 million he is looking for 40 million $$ - You think our Defense sucks now wait until he gets that level contract and see what they trot out on our defense. Again you can pay your QB that money if he is making on your team better and winning you close games and games on the road and DAK is not that QB is he good yeah but not worth 30 or 40 millions dollars.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Dak not looking at 30 million he is looking for 40 million $$ - You think our Defense sucks now wait until he gets that level contract and see what they trot out on our defense. Again you can pay your QB that money if he is making on your team better and winning you close games and games on the road and DAK is not that QB is he good yeah but not worth 30 or 40 millions dollars.
    Simple. You jettison Dak and get a rookie QB on a rookie deal and watch the rest of the team go to town and dominate. The Eagles won a Super Bowl with a backup grade QB, and the Vikings with a backup grade QB were their opponent in the NFC championship game.

There's more than one way to win a Super Bowl. The Bucs and Ravens (twice) proved it as well. And the Broncos in Peyton's last year.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count

discuss
    Yep, been saying it for years. He's not clutch, and is pretty much guaranteed to lose every road game (in this fashion usually) to good teams. Other than the Pittsburgh game his rookie year where Zeke went HAM, I can't think of a time the Cowboys beat a good team on the road since drafting Prescott. The last straw for me was last year's Saints game where it was basically a one possession game the entire second half and he could never get the team in the endzone. With Romo, that's a game they probably win going away

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yep, been saying it for years. He's not clutch, and is pretty much guaranteed to lose every road game (in this fashion usually) to good teams. Other than the Pittsburgh game his rookie year where Zeke went HAM, I can't think of a time the Cowboys beat a good team on the road since drafting Prescott. The last straw for me was last year's Saints game where it was basically a one possession game the entire second half and he could never get the team in the endzone. With Romo, that's a game they probably win going away
    Sadly, it was the Green Bay road game in week 6 that year. The media went nuts because "Prescott beat Rodgers in Lambeau" even though Rodgers clearly wasn't himself in the first half of that season. But that was the specific game that convinced the Cowboys coaching/front office to roll with Prescott over Romo.

If Green Bay had simply done their usual job against the Cowboys, then Romo would have been starting for that next game (Sunday night vs the Eagles) and the Cowboys might have won the Super Bowl that year.

So Green Bay has always been the arch nemesis of the Cowboys. They're like 8-1 over us in the Rodgers era counting playoffs, and that "1" was the one that has cost the Cowboys 4 more years of Dak Prescott the starter. So you can argue that, by proxy, the Fudge Packers have beaten us 100% of the time.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Watch Matt Ryan tear Prescott a new one on Sunday. And the good news? We don't have to wait until the late afternoon slot, since it's a noon home game.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    op

dak gonna get PAID

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Another great take.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Another great take.
    Getting extremely lucky on an onside kick post-2017 (<5% chance) does not a QB make.

also, 1:30+ with a timeout near midfield is not at all similar to last week's situation. Any QB could have got in Zuerlein's range there. And CeeDee Lamb, not Dak, made the play of the game on offense, aside from the Gallup catch on the previous drive, and Cooper's insane downfield one-handed catch in the 3rd quarter with the Cowboys down 3 scores.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Cooper and Lamb with over 100+ and Gallup with an incredible catch and 60 yards. The strength of the team is having 2 elite pro bowl level receivers and another high quality one in Gallup, not the QB.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Cooper and Lamb with over 100+ and Gallup with an incredible catch and 60 yards. The strength of the team is having 2 elite pro bowl level receivers and another high quality one in Gallup, not the QB.
    Lol. It’s a no win for Dak.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Lol. It’s a no win for Dak.
    Dak had his chance to win with the generic cast of receivers (Beasley and obviously Zeke were still there, and Gallup was a rookie buried down the depth chart) in 2018. That was his chance to prove that Dak could win without elite WR's, and he didn't. They started 3-5 and had to panic and give up the farm for Cooper who was obviously instant impact.

Russell Wilson, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady have proven they can win without any elite WRs.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Top 5 QBs:

1. Lamar Jackson

2. Russ

3. Mahomes

4. Dak

5. Watson

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    Dallas defense absolutely stinks
    Luckily, Atlanta is just as bad on D

Julio Jones catches an easy one... on and on that game is over

Keep concentration on Dak. And how many games he has to perform every series due to the trash on D.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    The club wielded to the head of Rams QB was also a horrible no call.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Dak left the entire city of Atlanta burning. He isn't a $30 million dollar a year QB at all. He's a $45 million QB!

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Honestly, yesterday's performance did nothing for me. He's already shown he can look like an All-Pro when playing in JerryWorld. The day he has that kind of performance on the road against a solid team/defense, then I might change my view.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Honestly, yesterday's performance did nothing for me. He's already shown he can look like an All-Pro when playing in JerryWorld. The day he has that kind of performance on the road against a solid team/defense, then I might change my view.
    BUMP!!!!!

Thread Information