Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The "link" the Spurs have to him seems tenuous at best: Pop may have said something about him once upon a time, and the Spurs had an Argentine player in the past, so....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He would be an improvement for sure. He's easily better (at least offensively) than any Spurs guard right now with the exception of maybe White, but what's the point of getting him at this point? He would only be taking minutes away from the guys we are trying to develop.
    It's not like the Spurs can only make moves that turn them towards a tank or immediate contention, and everything else is futile. The point is - you bring a solid, quality PG, that you can use to distribute the ball and playmake either off the bench, or closing out games; he's got a lot of experience and a winning mentality (something this team SORELY lacks being championed by bona fide losers DeRozan and Aldrige, none of who have sniffed a championship of any sorts), and most importantly, he's a good locker room presence (which has the added benefit of making Patty more expendable, say bye to Patty as "bench PG" ) AND can mentor the youngsters in terms of BBIQ. Look at how good CP3's presence has been in the development of Shai in OKC. White, for all the good things that he does, could use someone like that to watch over him and teach him the ropes. God knows I'd rather have our young players soaking up vet experience from Campazzo than be learning DeMar's ty antics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like him a lot. Laprovittola is a tough bas , and I would have liked to see the Spurs keep him as a backup. But Campazzo is what I hoped Lap would grow into - except one thing. He's 5'10" tall, and I don't think his wingspan is much more than that, if any more. It's getting harder for guys that size to play in the NBA. But he's a damn good point, and more in the mold of Avery Johnson than anyone the Spurs have had since Avery Johnson.

Anyone who hasn't watched him play - he's strong and he's not afraid to use it. You know how sick it is to watch teams apply back court pressure to Forbes, and see him get stopped like a deer in the headlights? That wouldn't happen with Campazzo. He would change the whole complexion of this team. I'm not saying he would be an All Star, but the Spurs are so deficient in that area that it would be a big lift. DeRozan would get the ball more when he has an advantage and is already moving downhill, which would make him MUCH more dangerous - and that's just one example.

I don't know about this rumor. It would make a difference if the Spurs had someone in the gym where he played yesterday. But Sugus also says he would have to pay 6M Euro to get out of his deal with Madrid? I don't know how that could be overcome. But with him here, Pop could get creative with White/Murray and the PG/SG minutes. It would open up a whole lot of possibilities.

One thing that's sort of fun to think about. At 5'10" Campazzo weighs almost exactly the same as Aleksej Pokusevski, who's 7' tall, but he's not slowed down by it. There's always a question mark about how a Euro player will translate to the NBA, but I would take a chance on Campazzo, for sure... assuming the money situation can be worked out.
    Agree with mostly everything you've said - the upside is obvious and anyone thinking "oh, he'll just be a bench PG, what's the big deal" is quite wrong. One thing I disagree with - I don't think he'll have much trouble playing in the NBA in regards to his height. Yes, he'll get shot over, but so do Patty, Forbes etc and they still have careers in the NBA; but unlike both of them, Campazzo plays gritty defense and is extremely strong and bullish, a real pest for opposing teams. A similar player comp could be Fred VanVleet or maybe Lowry - both undersized, but make up for it on defense with hustle, good fundamentals and strength. And besides, now more than ever, there's a real advantage to being undersized in terms of how the officials allow you to play up to bigger players - the same way Pocket Rockets would've been destroyed in the 90's but can work in the modern NBA, I can see Campazzo succeeding whereas yesteryear he'd have been absolutely abused.

As for the 6M clause - I've read conflicting reports, some indicating Campazzo has agreed to pay the sum in full, and some reporting that he'll pay a large chunk, but not all of it. I don't think an exact figure has been decided (or has leaked so far) - but the decision seems to be quite official, as Facu himself has come out to confirm he'll come as a FA once the NBA FA period for next season begins, and Madrid has already mave moves, like keeping Lapro, that indicate they're considering him gone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are running back the same team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably every argentine player since 2005 will be linked to the spurs, just because of manu.

That said, there has been buzz for months about Campazzo coming to the nba ,I think it's pretty certain he'll come.

I also think it's pretty certain he'll play well enough to justify his contract, this is a guy who has been playing at the highest level for years , and unlike other euro busts, he's very physical, versatile, and compe ive. His size won't be an issue because of how aggressive, energetic and compe ive he is

Don't know if the spurs are interested but would take him over forbes, beli, and murray in an instant

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per the report, Campazzo is expected to move to the NBA when free agency opens on November 22.
    It is still unknown whether the Argentinian guard has agreed to a deal with an NBA team.
    Campazzo, who is considered one of the best EuroLeague players, has a buy-out in his contract with Real, worth 6M euros.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be classic Spurs. Everyone is thinking trades and they pull an unexpected euro signing. He would totally fit the Patty role but probably better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The lack of mexicans in the squad is concerning. This would be a good signing if ever the spurs decided to get him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To justify a buyout that big, Campazzo would have to get something like $20M/4. We're talking a huge chunk of the MLE here. It's very possible that Fac's buyout would be a lot smaller for an NBA team, though. In any event, the Spurs shouldn't just look at moving Mills as being something that would automatically open up minutes for a vet. Like they do have a long-term need for a good third PG, but I doubt Campazzo would be hopping over here for that

Ugh, so maybe something like:

Richardson, 21 for Mills 11, drafting a front-courter with 21 and trying to run with the same group again.

Murray, White, Campazzo
    Richardson, Walker, Weatherspoon
    DeRozan, Johnson, McDaniels
    Lyles, Gay, Samanic
    Aldridge, Poeltl, Eubanks

With 41 going to some new two-way contract or Oturu replacing Eubanks.

Before Deeps comes in and mentions how DMDR is definitely not going to be a Spur anymore and all that, it's whatever. I could see the Spurs trying to run it back, and in a vacuum, moving Mills for Richardson and replacing him with Campazzo does seem to increase the talent of the team in an off-season where the West doesn't look all that strong. Assuming Campazzo actually takes Walker's/Johnson's minutes the team is better than they were last year, and the price of making the move wouldn't be too great if they think they can still get their guy at 21. But still, even though I'm not against a win-now move, I don't like trading for a guy who's frankly appearing to be a product of Spo's scheme rather than a legit really good player. His biggest value to SA would be as a piece to entice GS to trade 2 rather than guy they should use themselves.

I'd probably prefer them do a Mills, Derozan for Harris and 21 trade. It ruins their cap, but it gives the team a scorer to replace Aldridge with Poeltl going forward.

Murray, Campazzo, Mader (41)
    White, Walker, Weatherspoon
    Johnson, McDaniels/Bolmaro (21)
    Harris,, Gay, Samanic
    Poeltl, Jalen Smith (11), Eubanks

Leaving out whatever Aldridge would get, which would at least fill rotation spots if nothing else, it's a different lineup for sure. There's some potential for that first unit to be good defensively and score enough to win their time on the floor. I'd be less confident in the second unit, but they could probably run pretty well. Using that last spot on a defensive SF would help solidify the bench, and obviously neither Eubanks nor Spoon are irreplaceable

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Campazzo won't go to the Spurs. Why would he play for a lottery team? He will go to the Mavs

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm in the Campazzo in camp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was watching a bit of him and my oh my is he fun to watch. I'm in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Campazzo/ DJ/ Q
    White/ Lonnie/ Lakers 28th pick on Leandro Bolmaro
    Keldon/ Woodard
    Kuzma/ Lyles/ Smith
    Wiseman/ Samanic/ Eubanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just like Demar Derozan grew up watching Kobe, he probably grew up on Manu/Popovich. I would think Spurs would be on the top of his wish list. Grizzlies are rumored to be pursuing him. He’s also friends and a former teammate of Luka Doncic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can this dude play defense?

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can this dude play defense?

Yes.

As for the buyout, I'm pretty sure he's on the hook for the entire $6M. His NBA team can pay $750K or $775K, I forget which. So it's going to cost him roughly $5.25M up front, so that gives you an idea of what the contract would have to be for. Clearly he and his agent believe that the market will bear that much for him.

I would love to have him on the Spurs. But if they are going to have to go to great lengths to get him, I would rather see them go to similar lengths to swing for Killian Hayes just because of age. But Campazzo would definitely make the team better for the next several years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Campazzo signed two year deal with the Nuggets.

/end thread

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Campazzo signed two year deal with the Nuggets.

/end thread
    Everyone knew this thats why it wasnt updated in a week till u came along with this wisdom

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone knew this thats why it wasnt updated in a week till u came along with this wisdom
    Deal was announced yesterday...

Thread Information