Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    He's deteriorating, or something else is wrong. He definitely looks like he's lost some lift. Without that explosion he's an average-to-good player, but not a top-5 talent. His defense is still good, not supreme. He's learned to be a pretty good passer, but he still slows down the offense with his iso-ball. He's not a guy I'd bet my franchise on the way the Clippers have. Maybe when things return to normal he can get enough rest between games to still be effective, but you could tell that this every other day stuff has hurt his game.
    Average-to-good? Y’all are making it seem like he pulled a Siakam who was All-NBA 2nd team.

Even if he regresses a level or two, he won’t be any worse than someone like Jimmy Butler.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm just reminded of the 2015 series against the Clips where Kawhi faded out. It only went as long as it did because (even old) Timmy was awesome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Average-to-good? Y’all are making it seem like he pulled a Siakam who was All-NBA 2nd team.

Even if he regresses a level or two, he won’t be any worse than someone like Jimmy Butler.
    Average was probably too harsh, and I agree that he can still be easily be in that second-tier star category. I'm worried, for Kawhi, that he's on the decline, albeit a slow one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    stephen a smith was quick to say that kawhi going 6 for 22 in a game 7 is proof that he's not better than kobe. but kobe shot 6 for 24 in a game 7 in the nba finals
    stephen a. is an idiot and his premises are flawed in that statement. but his conclusion is still true. kobe was a better play than leonard.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    stephen a. is an idiot and his premises are flawed in that statement. but his conclusion is still true. kobe was a better play than leonard.
    Agree, Kirby was definitely a better regular season chump ala Harden

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Average was probably too harsh, and I agree that he can still be easily be in that second-tier star category. I'm worried, for Kawhi, that he's on the decline, albeit a slow one.
    Let’s see what he looks like in a non-pandemic post-season where he has ramped up his minutes & doesn’t have to play every other day while carrying a heavy load.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let’s see what he looks like in a non-pandemic post-season where he has ramped up his minutes & doesn’t have to play every other day while carrying a heavy load.
    You mean, like pristine cir stances? The biggest pussy on the planet had to player 40 minutes every other day for a few months to attempt to win a championship . . . which is only something every player in his role in the history of the league had to do. Don't worry, I'm sure he'll make up for it next season by sitting out even more games and hiding even more in the corner defensively.
    Last edited by TD 21; 09-17-2020 at 03:22 PM.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    You mean like, pristine cir stances?
    if that’s what you call Anthony Davis’ cir stances....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prayingdog.gif

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's see how he looks when games don't matter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Is Butler worth 5 years of draft picks and 36 million or whatever neph makes?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so you acknowledge he's got a degenerative quad? That PATFO didn't mishandle him and that neph and unk orchestrated his exit and that they unnecessarily trashed the team by BS leaks?

BTW, you're still talking about a player being limited to 60-65 games per year. No one that plays so little is worth a max contract, especially one with an injury that only gets worse with wear and tear.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I new KY ass wouldn’t make it in the bubble no way could he sit out and get time to HEAL his Degenerative Quad injury. He looked like ZERO points in the fourth quarter on a game 7 and he couldn’t do anything to help them stay compe ive in that game. This proves finally him and his Uncle were lying there asses off and not signing a longer contract with Clippers Is going to bite him on his ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if that’s what you call Anthony Davis’ cir stances....
    exactly. like another player that is physically challenged by a chronic condition. only davis seems to be holding up better.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    stephen a smith was quick to say that kawhi going 6 for 22 in a game 7 is proof that he's not better than kobe. but kobe shot 6 for 24 in a game 7 in the nba finals
    SAS is dumb but shooting poorly and still winning in a finals in part due to his rebounding and defense is much less than an indictment than Kawhi choking a double digit lead with no FT's and no 4th quarter points.

Kobe has his own game 7 choke/blemish vs Suns ...but the 6 for 24 vs Celtics does not even compare to this ...stop it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Elite thread.

Kawhi.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    exactly. like another player that is physically challenged by a chronic condition. only davis seems to be holding up better.
    Yeah, I’m surprised he didn’t end up on concussion protocol due to WestBrick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TNT's Gone Fishin

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Elite thread.

Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing that popovich was absolutely right about: Kawhi is not a leader

that was one of the things that pissed me off the most about the media. They bashed Pop for saying that about Kawhi but it was true and very knowledgeable to any person who watched or media member who covered the Spurs.

Dude wasn’t a leader on those teams and he wasn’t a quiet leader like how Tim (who actually wasn’t a quiet leader his actions just wasn’t covered by non local media en ies) was which isn’t a bad thing. It’s just facts. You don’t have to be the leader just because you are a great player

Kawhi played great here but you barely heard and seen him encouraging teammates during or after games, you never heard about him getting group activities to help with team bonding, you barely (and it seems a lot of Spurs teammates also) heard him talk. Lmao. I heard his teammates in Toronto saying he was more friendly with them but you rarely heard a lot about him doing any leadership type of in San Antonio.

Now maybe him working hard inspired teammates to hit the gym harder but you never heard about him setting up or inviting Spurs teammates to practice with him. Lol.
    Last edited by D-Robinson 50 fan; 09-21-2020 at 06:06 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

LMFAO NEPHEW

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi's toxic crew at it again:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comment...m_source=share

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

LMFAO NEPHEW
    Wow I wonder who they will replace him with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow I wonder who they will replace him with.
    MDA is a natural fit, while I can see Doc having succes in Philly

Thread Information