Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like we might be hanging onto Becky after all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    woj has spoken

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s too bad that Becky is not leaving

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA teams will probably do like the NFL with black candidates: pretend to be interested, but no way in will they hire her.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good. Hand her the reigns already PATFO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So that leaves Dantoni for us? Interesting…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good. Hand her the reigns already PATFO.
    no!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She's getting closer .just not quite there yet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well normally teams hire assistant coaches from good teams. Not always the case I know. I wouldn’t be surprised if she left for another assistant job.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll take it as a win for us. Now, if Pop doesn’t return and Becky isn’t promoted, its very likely she isn’t going to return—coaches usually bring their own familiar faces along with them.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    meanwhile Jason Kidd

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes. Who else would you want to coach this team?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good she will replace pop
    Pop step down or get your Fired

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good she will replace pop
    Pop step down or get your Fired
    pop is There alligateor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes. Who else would you want to coach this team?
    Not sure atm but def not a woman. No grown man in that environment is realistically going to heed the direction of any woman whose skillset is .00000000000000000001% on the court prior or present to their coaching tenure. I might be wrong but like I've stated previously, I wouldn't listen to someone who bricks 1000 out of 1001 shots and who can't even reach the hoop without a ladder. There's no comparison between the WNBA and the NBA and with that said there's no experience from the WNBA that will lead to a winning % in the NBA. She did good in Summer League but so did that fat dude who used to coach our summer league team so it's a wash.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Becky could almost certainly dominate Pop on a basketball court, but players still listen to him. Plenty of people in the real world deal with bosses who don't know how to do their employees' jobs. But some of those bosses know how to do their own jobs well, and so long as there is mutual understanding, it's fine.

There's no reason why basketball skill gets in the way of having eyes and knowing tendencies. You want to tell me NBA players are just too sexist to listen to a woman, that might be true. But it's not a justifiable conclusion on their parts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure atm but def not a woman. No grown man in that environment is realistically going to heed the direction of any woman whose skillset is .00000000000000000001% on the court prior or present to their coaching tenure. I might be wrong but like I've stated previously, I wouldn't listen to someone who bricks 1000 out of 1001 shots and who can't even reach the hoop without a ladder. There's no comparison between the WNBA and the NBA and with that said there's no experience from the WNBA that will lead to a winning % in the NBA. She did good in Summer League but so did that fat dude who used to coach our summer league team so it's a wash.
    Impressively ty take, not just in extreme stupidity but in the variety. 10/10. Well done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Becky could almost certainly dominate Pop on a basketball court, but players still listen to him. Plenty of people in the real world deal with bosses who don't know how to do their employees' jobs. But some of those bosses know how to do their own jobs well, and so long as there is mutual understanding, it's fine.

There's no reason why basketball skill gets in the way of having eyes and knowing tendencies. You want to tell me NBA players are just too sexist to listen to a woman, that might be true. But it's not a justifiable conclusion on their parts.
    She might be able to dominate Pop right at this moment but I'd lay odds he'd dominate her in his prime back when he played ball even though it wasn't NBA ball. It's like this whole trans ; who the doesn't think a dude in a dress will dominate women at their own game? It's a different sport with the same name of basketball but it's played way different, with different skillsets, and different advantages strength wise.

I just don't think grown men making millions give af what some woman has to say to them about a game she could only play at a YMCA level. I wouldn't doubt a middle school/high school boys team would beat a WNBA team at their own game just like the US Women's Soccer team got their asses handed to them by boys half their age.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well normally teams hire assistant coaches from good teams. Not always the case I know. I wouldn’t be surprised if she left for another assistant job.
    She needs to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Impressively ty take, not just in extreme stupidity but in the variety. 10/10. Well done.
    You say this now but reality doesn't care that you want to be PC about this subject. Becky has some knowledge of the game like fundamentals and that can take her only so far. I still don't believe most NBA players will give a damn to listen to a woman whose skillset is mediocre at best and nowhere close to the skillset by the worst player in the NBA currently.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said the same at the 1 WNBA game I went to where I was bored out of my mind for the entirety of that game watching women brick every damn shot. I was so damn bored... Not only that but tell me the last time row 10 seats at a finals was only $5, less than the $8 parking fee outside, in the NBA?

That game those women play in the WNBA is nothing close to what they play in the NBA. There's no comparison other than a ball and a hoop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said the same at the 1 WNBA game I went to where I was bored out of my mind for the entirety of that game watching women brick every damn shot. I was so damn bored... Not only that but tell me the last time row 10 seats at a finals was only $5, less than the $8 parking fee outside, in the NBA?

That game those women play in the WNBA is nothing close to what they play in the NBA. There's no comparison other than a ball and a hoop.
    Not denying the WNBA is boring, but that doesn't mean women don't know how to play basketball. Some of the greatest minds in sports history never made it to the big leagues of their respective sports.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some it seems are irritated that Portland went with Billips due to past sex assault charges I believe that were settled out of court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not denying the WNBA is boring, but that doesn't mean women don't know how to play basketball. Some of the greatest minds in sports history never made it to the big leagues of their respective sports.
    I'm not saying she doesn't know "basketball" but I am saying she knows a different kind of basketball which isn't at the NBA level and that right there is the problem. The WNBA level is merely middle school/high school level play and nothing more. I don't see how that translates to coaching grown men who are head and shoulders above her skillset and bball IQ already coming into the league. She might have more brains in fundamentals but nothing else as far as bballIQ goes considering she hasn't had to game plan for most things seen in the NBA.

I mean I'm good with her coaching some other NBA team but I wish she'd leave the Spurs already and this PC bs would end.

Thread Information