Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Imagine what? Lebron's cavs teams when he was 22 years old were already beating those teams in matchups, when his best teammate was certified megascrub boobie gibson. if he had a teammate as good as AD back in his original cavs days he would have fivepeated

No 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Laker Fan in “man love” with LaRoid and DaQuit two peripatic great all time players but simply cannot be liked.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Laker Fan in “man love” with LaRoid and DaQuit two peripatic great all time players but simply cannot be liked.
    except for the fact that lots of people like them as they are two of the five most popular players in the NBA

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Imagine if LeRoids had to face 2006-08 Suns, 06-08 Mavs, 08-10 Lakers, etc. all in the 2nd round... instead of 6'2" Ben Wallace, the 8th seed 32 win Bucks, Playoff Piss Pacers, or whatever
    Imagine what? Lebron's cavs teams when he was 22 years old were already beating those teams in matchups, when his best teammate was certified megascrub boobie gibson. if he had a teammate as good as AD back in his original cavs days he would have fivepeated
    lol the whole "oh he played in the weak east, if he had played in the west he would have had less success" argument is re ed

1) he only made the finals once in his 1st cavs stint, and beat a team many people favored to win the le in doing so

2) if we want to make the argument that his teams would have struggled in a tougher conference, then he would have to be given a team that was more appropriate to the talent level of that conference. it would be like saying a team with a highly talented kid dominating a JV league would struggle against varsity teams. well of course, bc his team is not on the level of varsity teams.

so we are going to say "lebron and the cavs would have struggled in the west", well of course, bc those cavs teams werent very good to begin with. which was obvious when they became the worst team in the NBA after he left. but say we swapped his team with a team in the west that was at least decent. say in 08-09, we swap bron and carmelo around, and let bron have that nuggets team. i have a hard time believing that he wouldn't at least get to the WCF as well, if not win the championship.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He did a lot of Grade A whining about not Winning the MVP. Jesus..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6.....
    Solid reference. With as good as the Heatles were on paper, being pimped by the NBA, LeRoids in his prime, it’s astonishing they didn’t win more. And got beat pretty soundly when they did. Just imagine if the Thunders didn’t blow their load against us and played up to their potential in the finals as well.

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    the west aint , LeKANG demolishes the whole conference in his first run

all these stacked west teams over the years, all 'em had all-nba teammates running alongside them, it was never a fair comparison. lebron finally gets one and its all over for the rest of the league

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

all these stacked west teams over the years, all 'em had all-nba teammates running alongside them, it was never a fair comparison. lebron finally gets one and its all over for the rest of the league
    Portland star hurt did not play close out and Nuggets stars either get pseudo fouls or are hammered so they are ineffective-sham run by LAL and hope to he** they get upset

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Portland star hurt did not play close out and Nuggets stars either get pseudo fouls or are hammered so they are ineffective-sham run by LAL and hope to he** they get upset
    only team that would have truly challenged us out west is if GS was healthy. That chemistry and shooting ain’t no joke. Everyone else had 0 chance and you know this . People really think Denver is the better team ? Why cause they went down 1-3 every series ? They should have lost to en Utah and now it’s the refs fault they lost.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Yeah, I'd tap the breaks on all that past this year, though,

GSW will be healthy next season. And it's rumored they will deal their top draft choice for another impact player. They aren't perpetual chokers like LAC.

Lebron has managed to defy the odds in his mid 30's the way Jordan did. Credit to him for taking great care of himself.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    only team that would have truly challenged us out west is if GS was healthy. That chemistry and shooting ain’t no joke. Everyone else had 0 chance and you know this . People really think Denver is the better team ? Why cause they went down 1-3 every series ? They should have lost to en Utah and now it’s the refs fault they lost.
    Pretty much this. Denver is in the not ready category with Dallas. I do like a healthy Warriors team over LAL but that's it. Top heavy teams win rings and the Lakers are Christina Hendricks top heavy.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I'd tap the breaks on all that past this year, though,

GSW will be healthy next season. And it's rumored they will deal their top draft choice for another impact player. They aren't perpetual chokers like LAC.

Lebron has managed to defy the odds in his mid 30's the way Jordan did. Credit to him for taking great care of himself.
    Man is this year's #2 pick even worth that much? WTF are they going to get for the rights to draft LaMelo Ball? Super weak draft class of guys that will not have played a game in more than 8 1/2 months by draft date. I don't think they're going to get that great a return for that pick, this draft is so much bigger a crapshoot than any the league has ever seen.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is like a '07 Spurs playoff type of run for Lebron. Spurs lucked out in '07 when the Mavs got eliminated by the Warriors. Once they were gone everyone knew the Spurs were going to win it all. Same way the Lakers lucked out by not having to play the Clippers granted I'm happy the clippers got eliminated. Lakers will most likely have to face the Warriors or Clippers next year in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The philosophy of almost every NBA conspiracy theorist is that the playoffs are mostly rigged, except for those years the theorist's favorite team won a le. In those years, the conspiracy was put on hold, took a breather...

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    worriors aint without KD holding Wardell's hand tbh. they only rang without him on LeGOAT when killa kyrie and klove were injured and the 2nd best opponent was dellydova, those days are over

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The philosophy of almost every NBA conspiracy theorist is that the playoffs are mostly rigged, except for those years the theorist's favorite team won a le. In those years, the conspiracy was put on hold, took a breather...
    This. I respect this post 100%. If this was rigged Spurs only rang once or twice because duncan and Pop are great not 5 times. Cant pick and choose when it's rigged. if people really believe that the sport is fixed why watch? I stopped watching the WWE/WWF once i realized it was rigged ... IF that is what I believed I wouldnt watch NBA either. I almost stopped watching boxing because of the same reason ...but at least with boxing a knockout is the great equalizer ...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is like a '07 Spurs playoff type of run for Lebron. Spurs lucked out in '07 when the Mavs got eliminated by the Warriors. Once they were gone everyone knew the Spurs were going to win it all. Same way the Lakers lucked out by not having to play the Clippers granted I'm happy the clippers got eliminated. Lakers will most likely have to face the Warriors or Clippers next year in the playoffs.
    The '07 Spurs still had to go through an elite team in the Suns and let's not forget, many thought the latter would win that series.

But that's not taking anything away from the Lakers, a flawed team that's unexpectedly steamrolled (especially the Rockets) the compe ion they've faced.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    The '07 Spurs still had to go through an elite team in the Suns and let's not forget, many thought the latter would win that series.

But that's not taking anything away from the Lakers, a flawed team that's unexpectedly steamrolled (especially the Rockets) the compe ion they've faced.
    Rockets 2nd best player was severely hampered

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rockets 2nd best player was severely hampered
    Still. We knew that going in and it still seemed like it'd be a grind. Instead, it got progressively easier as it went along.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Man is this year's #2 pick even worth that much? WTF are they going to get for the rights to draft LaMelo Ball? Super weak draft class of guys that will not have played a game in more than 8 1/2 months by draft date. I don't think they're going to get that great a return for that pick, this draft is so much bigger a crapshoot than any the league has ever seen.
    They wont get a huge haul for it.

Maybe a Julius Randle or another of his caliber. But they don't need much to begin with if Klay is Klay again.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Gotta give the man his due. Never liked him as a person but his game is very polished now. He better not go 3-7 in the finals tho. will be unforgiveable

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta give the man his due. Never liked him as a person but his game is very polished now. He better not go 3-7 in the finals tho. will be unforgiveable

What about him you didn't like?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    32 Finals appearances is insane

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They wont get a huge haul for it.

Maybe a Julius Randle or another of his caliber. But they don't need much to begin with if Klay is Klay again.
    Disagree, those pre-Durant teams were pretty deep and Draymond wasn't a washed up bag like now. They'll be a top 4 team in the west but that's a far cry from what they were.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Disagree, those pre-Durant teams were pretty deep and Draymond wasn't a washed up bag like now. They'll be a top 4 team in the west but that's a far cry from what they were.
    people forget just how deep those GS squads were

Thread Information