Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Your sarcasm is duly noted. I have lived in NYC, Boston in the past but that didn't cause me to be a Giants fan, Celtics fan etc just because I lived in those area for a brief minute. In other words you became a bandwagon fan simply because the Pistons were not contenders during that time period.
    Sure.

Again, sorry?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Western Conference in the 80s

Son, the Pistons would still have skull ed the Lakers in 1989, not in 4 maybe in 5

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Your sarcasm is duly noted. I have lived in NYC, Boston in the past but that didn't cause me to be a Giants fan, Celtics fan etc just because I lived in those area for a brief minute. In other words you became a bandwagon fan simply because the Pistons were not contenders during that time period.
    at this butthurt crap

" i didnt become a giants fan when i lived in new york so no one else should root for teams in cities they temporarily live in "

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    :lmao at this butthurt crap

" i didnt become a giants fan when i lived in new york so no one else should root for teams in cities they temporarily live in "
    You pretty much describe your reaction whenever people don't worship your god Lebron. Fact of the matter is your response to me has nothing to do with my interaction with Jamstone but more so to do with you being triggered about my previous anti-Lebron posts.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    You pretty much describe your reaction whenever people don't worship your god Lebron.
    i could care less if someone isn't a lebron fan, or doesnt think hes goat, or that he has flaws. i acknowledge those things as well

what i dont care for, is when someone blatantly lies. "hes not clutch!!!" lie. "he has no killer instinct!!!" lie. "he would be mediocre in the 80s/90s!!!" lie. "he didnt face tough compe ion!!!" lie.

and id defend any player when blatant lies are told. lebron is just such a polarizing figure that people whine and make up crap about him more than pretty much anyone else. but i defend steph, mike, kobe, bird, and plenty of other players.

Fact of the matter is your response to me has nothing to do with my interaction with Jamstone but more so to do with you being triggered about my previous anti-Lebron posts.
    my response to this post had absolutely nothing to do with lebron. he wasnt even a part of this conversation whatsoever. i honestly dont even know what you previously said about lebron. i guess weve had an exchange in the past, but i honestly dont recall, probably because you said something rather forgettable and worthless to begin with. i responded because you look like a total got to whine and compare yourself to another person whom you havent even met, who made a choice to enjoy rooting for a team in a town he lives in. seriously? how old are you?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i could care less if someone isn't a lebron fan, or doesnt think hes goat, or that he has flaws. i acknowledge those things as well

what i dont care for, is when someone blatantly lies. "hes not clutch!!!" lie. "he has no killer instinct!!!" lie. "he would be mediocre in the 80s/90s!!!" lie. "he didnt face tough compe ion!!!" lie.

and id defend any player when blatant lies are told. lebron is just such a polarizing figure that people whine and make up crap about him more than pretty much anyone else. but i defend steph, mike, kobe, bird, and plenty of other players.

my response to this post had absolutely nothing to do with lebron. he wasnt even a part of this conversation whatsoever. i honestly dont even know what you previously said about lebron. i guess weve had an exchange in the past, but i honestly dont recall, probably because you said something rather forgettable and worthless to begin with. i responded because you look like a total got to whine and compare yourself to another person whom you havent even met, who made a choice to enjoy rooting for a team in a town he lives in. seriously? how old are you?
    1. Stop denying it you are just upset because in other threads I have attacked Lebron and have you have gotten triggered about it. Even in this response you are getting triggered about it. You are saying I'm whining but you are the one who cries and whines all the time when someone refuses to give Lebron god like worship. You say you defend Mj,Kobe,Bird, but let's be real you are primarily a Lebron fan boy. That's the guy I see you defending in here 24/7.

2. First off all I think you of all people should not be calling me got since you have Lebron's in your mouth even more than Savannah does. People compare each other all the time in here to other's they haven't met. That's pretty normal for the online world. Fact is you got upset it about shows you are emotionally unstable.

3. All I did was find it weird that Jamstone could also be a Laker fan since he's a Pistons fan considering historically the Lakers are rivals of the Pistons. They are plenty of Spur fans in here that have moved to LA but don't also root for the Lakers because they live in LA. So I just found that interesting that's it.

4. Tim Duncan is my favorite player of all time but I'm not a stan of his like you are of Lebron. I don't worship the man and I see his flaws but am appreciative of the les he brought here. I feel sorry for people like you that have to worship the ground these guys walk on.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Cool story bro.

The Lakers were undefeated in the playoffs det year until Magic and B Scott blew their hammies. They would not be denied that year son.
    ‘89 Pistons were on a revenge mission ala ‘14 Spurs after getting screwed on a phantom foul in ‘88.

"In 1988, when we got Detroit and Kareem hit that phantom sky hook foul, he had to make the two free throws," Riley said Thursday. "He didn't choke. He did not choke on the free throws. He had to make them. He made them. And that led us to a seventh game and a win. But the next year, Detroit came back and swept us."

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Let me paint a clearer picture of a Pistons fan having the Lakers as a B team, no sarcasm, no messageboard hyperbole, no fighting words. Legit, genuine honesty.

Context. I have no idea how old you are but I’m older. I’m 45. Don’t know if I’m one of the oldest posters here or not, but I’m no youngbuck. Been posting on here over a decade and a half. Grew up in the 80s. Grew up watching the NBA in the days of Magic, Bird, Zeke, and Jordan. That’s when it started for me. Time frame context.

Even though the Pistons and Lakers met in B2B Finals, it wasn’t a heated or hated rivalry. In Detroit, in Michigan in general, Magic Johnson was beloved. A native son of Michigan, obviously a Sparty legend, we didn’t hate him. And we didn’t hate Showtime. And top it off that he was super close childhood friends with our team’s star, Isiah. they kissed cheeks before Finals games. We wanted to beat them. Of course. We didn’t hate them, especially because of Magic. Plus they were in the Western Conference. We met twice a year and only if both teams made it to the Finals would the teams meet in the playoffs. It’s not like LeBron in Cleveland within the division playing 4 times a season and developing hatred from that. In previous NBA Finals, Isiah was sitting court sided cheering Magic on. Rivalry? More like a two year frenemies window.

That’s kind of where it starts. Magic, Showtime. Two years trying to dethrone them. And then back to respectful admiration. Fast forward to Shaq and Kobe. Before 2004 and for many Pistons fans even during and in spite of 2004, there probably wasn’t a player more popular in metro Detroit than Kobe Bryant. Those Kobe jerseys at the Palace in the 04 Finals, most of them were native Michiganders who had no affiliation with LA or the Lakers. They just loved Kobe. I can’t tell you why for sure, but they just loved him. More than Iverson. More than KG or TMac or Vince or anyone else big in the 2000s. That’s myself included. I was a Kobe fan before I moved to LA in 2000. So this wasn’t only because I lived there from 2000-02, which I already mentioned in an earlier post. I was just pointing out that already being a Kobe fan and appreciating Magic and Showtime, and being around southern Cali during the madness of the Shaq and Kobe le teams, it was easy to follow those teams and enjoy the winning. And of course it carried over to 09 and 10.

If you still find it weird, cool. But I’m trying to explain that it was never really a rivalry, heated, hated, or otherwise heavy. At least not for most Pistons fans, most Detroiters. So “we” don’t find it weird at all.

This Lakers team is fine. I’m not as excited as with Shaq-Kobe or Kobe-Pau. Not as excited as Showtime. Used to hate LeBron, now it’s more of ehhh type apathy, but I respect his game, his accomplishments. If LeBron failed, no sweat off my back. But seeing the Lakers win would be cool. I’m a little more ambivalent with this squad. But like I said way back, they’re my B team.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    1. Stop denying it you are just upset because in other threads I have attacked Lebron and have you have gotten triggered about it. Even in this response you are getting triggered about it. You are saying I'm whining but you are the one who cries and whines all the time when someone refuses to give Lebron god like worship. You say you defend Mj,Kobe,Bird, but let's be real you are primarily a Lebron fan boy. That's the guy I see you defending in here 24/7.
    i think you are exaggerating quite a bit but ok. i have never cried or whine when someone didn't give lebron "god like worship". in fact ive many times said if someone doesnt like lebron, or any player for that fact (such as my many arguments about kobe with ambchang), so be it. just dont make up lies, or be completely unreasonable and state it as a fact. people are welcome to hate on lebron all they would like. they can claim hes not the goat all they want. i dont even claim hes goat, in fact i think its completely re ed to think hes the goat. hes simply not.

2. First off all I think you of all people should not be calling me got since you have Lebron's in your mouth even more than Savannah does. People compare each other all the time in here to other's they haven't met. That's pretty normal for the online world. Fact is you got upset it about shows you are emotionally unstable.

3. All I did was find it weird that Jamstone could also be a Laker fan since he's a Pistons fan considering historically the Lakers are rivals of the Pistons. They are plenty of Spur fans in here that have moved to LA but don't also root for the Lakers because they live in LA. So I just found that interesting that's it.
    im not the one criticizing another guy i dont know over rooting for a team that plays in the city he lives in talk about emotionally unstable

4. Tim Duncan is my favorite player of all time but I'm not a stan of his like you are of Lebron. I don't worship the man and I see his flaws but am appreciative of the les he brought here. I feel sorry for people like you that have to worship the ground these guys walk on.
    when did i worship him? how was i a stan? ive many times acknowledged his shortcomings and never once told other people they should root for him or like him or anything. id love to see a post where i did anything like that. youre literally making more stuff up, perhaps because youre "emotionally unstable"

i still literally dont recall having had any discussions about lebron with you. not saying i didnt. just no recollection. i suppose i could search, but its not really that serious to me tbqhimho

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Thread Information