Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Game summary
    Nuggets were good before Lakersref gave Jokic 2 straight bull fouls on Howard. Nuggets stood no chance with Mason Plumber on the court. Then ref gave another bull foul to Jokic on Howard at the start of the 3rd quarter, his 4th. When LA had big lead, refs started to miss real fouls Jokic commited. Midnightpulp was right. NBA is a dog and pony show at this point. League would be so much better with competent officiating
    Competent implies games aren't deliberately officiated in this manner.
    Sadly, this has even caught on at the college ranks. Reffing for ratings / dollars works.
    And if you're a purist and don't like it, well you can f*ck off is all. You're just not in the demo likely, anyways.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scott Foster and Tony Brothers

That’s all
    Big time company men, tbh.

Scott Foster is top five. Tony Brothers is top fifteen if not top ten.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    25 foodstamps in one quarter speaks enough Julio

Lakers have the superior big (AD) and were pounding them inside like the 2002 Lakers (Shaq) used to do. Like the 2002 Queens (Vlade), the 2020 Nuggs big man (Joker) is a highly skilled, nice passer, but soft Euro big man who can't defend without fouling (should have fouled out by the 3rd quarter but the refs swallowed their whistles).

Pounding teams down low ain't always pretty like shooting 3s, etc., from the perimeter. But it is effective. Draws fouls (which makes players not defend as hard for fear of foul trouble) and makes those jump shots harder to make in the 4th quarter due to tired legs (from playing so much post defense all game). This happened in 2002 vs the Queens (Peja couldn't hit the broad side of your barn in the 4th, remember ) while the Lakers slowed the game down, pounded them down low, and paraded to the free throw line. Conspiracy theorists say the 2002 Queens were robbed but don't believe them son.

So I'll answer my own question. Yes, they were legit fouls. Analytics didn't tell them to learn how to play post defense without fouling. They lost a "road game" reffed by Scott Foster. Blew a golden opportunity

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Pound them midgets down low.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Lakers can't shoot? Fine. Pound them midgets down low.

Joker is a good player. AD showed him why he's 1st team all NBA and should have been DPOY. AD >>> Joker.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

When you are aggressive and pound down low you get freebies. Comprende, Robz4000?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Last one. Look at Joker flopping on AD before Dwert tries his best Shaq impression:

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Dwert intimidated and bullied them all night

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nuggets resilience will be tested hard to compete 8 on 5 when called 24 fouls- many very dubious in 2nd.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

Lakers have the superior big (AD) and were pounding them inside like the 2002 Lakers (Shaq) used to do. Like the 2002 Queens (Vlade), the 2020 Nuggs big man (Joker) is a highly skilled, nice passer, but soft Euro big man who can't defend without fouling (should have fouled out by the 3rd quarter but the refs swallowed their whistles).

Pounding teams down low ain't always pretty like shooting 3s, etc., from the perimeter. But it is effective. Draws fouls (which makes players not defend as hard for fear of foul trouble) and makes those jump shots harder to make in the 4th quarter due to tired legs (from playing so much post defense all game). This happened in 2002 vs the Queens (Peja couldn't hit the broad side of your barn in the 4th, remember ) while the Lakers slowed the game down, pounded them down low, and paraded to the free throw line. Conspiracy theorists say the 2002 Queens were robbed but don't believe them son.

So I'll answer my own question. Yes, they were legit fouls. Analytics didn't tell them to learn how to play post defense without fouling. They lost a "road game" reffed by Scott Foster. Blew a golden opportunity

Good luck with that against Riley (aka “The Godfather“) who has LeBrat by the balls & taught him how to walk, expect the ghost of ‘11 to make an appearance.

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    You might want to go ahead and start preparing the San Antonio Heat bandwagon

arriba los Heat

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Good luck with that against Riley (aka “The Godfather“) who has LeBrat by the balls & taught him how to walk, expect the ghost of ‘11 to make an appearance.
    Let's not get ahead of ourselves here son This series ain't over - just ask Clipper Nation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AD is the real MVP snub

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Fan opinion changes like the wind. AD was a gutless wimp after game 1 against Houston when he couldn't score on midget Tucker in the low post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, even if the Lakers win it all, this is the biggest asterisk le since 99 tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LkrFan going through all the mental gymnastics to justify the free-throw disparity

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    LkrFan going through all the mental gymnastics to justify the free-throw disparity

Here you go:

Anymore questions son?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I mean, even if the Lakers win it all, this is the biggest asterisk le since 99 tbh
    99 has a bigger asteriskPERI*D

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    99 has a bigger asteriskPERI*D

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Here you go:

Anymore questions son?
    Wait you didn't see any of the wrong calls there?

BTW, not shown in that video is AD doing a similar flop to try and get a foul when the Lakers were up 22.
    ers get greedy AF on top of it all.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is 99 a bigger asterisk? Disrupted season both times.

Spurs swept the Lakers stupid asses without company men aid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And if you're a purist and don't like it, well you can f*ck off is all. You're just not in the demo likely, anyways.
    Well put. The NBA's future is overseas. Established brands/rivalries ("Lakers vs Celtics - AGAIN! - LeBron - THE KING") and simple narratives ("Greatest EVER!" "SuperTeam vs SuperTeam) are used to sell the product in markets that don't have a BBall history or culture.
    In this series, apparently its the "Lakers are more physical" narrative which allows the Lakers to maul with impunity whilst receiving kid glove treatment going the opposite way.
    Imagine Bron and Davis on the bench with 3 fouls at the half and Denver shooting 25 FTs in a quarter - notgonnahappen, even though LBJ commits an offensive foul every time he drives to the basket.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well put. The NBA's future is overseas. Established brands/rivalries ("Lakers vs Celtics - AGAIN! - LeBron - THE KING") and simple narratives ("Greatest EVER!") are used to sell the product in markets that don't have a BBall history or culture.
    In this series, apparently its the "Lakers are more physical" narrative which allows the Lakers to maul with impunity whilst receiving kid glove treatment going the opposite way.
    Imagine Bron and Davis on the bench with 3 fouls at the half and Denver shooting 25 FTs in a quarter - notgonnahappen, even though LBJ commits an offensive foul every time he drives to the basket.
    Guys like Lebron would've struggled shooting 42 FG from the field and averaging under 20 PPG in the 70's.

Of course, without the steroids he'd have been not made it to his late 30's anyways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guys like Lebron would've struggled shooting 42 FG from the field and averaging under 20 PPG in the 70's.

Of course, without the steroids he'd have been not made it to his late 30's anyways.
    Crazy thing about Bron is the myth-making started in high school.

Even crazier to think how much Bron's legacy owes to Manu's game 6 ups.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crazy thing about Bron is the myth-making started in high school.

Even crazier to think how much Bron's legacy owes to Manu's game 6 ups.
    They had to keep the Spurs out of the Finals in 12 to get Lebron a ring. If not for that, 13 would've probably been old hat and no ring for Lebron then either.
    16 They had to fake suspend Donkey. Lebron would be 0-9 in the Finals if not for all that.

Rasheed called out the rigging to get Lebron in the 07 Finals and he said "and well look what happened" (the sweep )

Thread Information