Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    after all that the bengals still covered

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    after all that the bengals still covered
    honestly when it's Bengals-Browns I don't know why the spread would ever be more than -3 for the home team tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I feel bad for Burrow. That O-Line is an abortion and is gonna get him killed. Yet he still put up 30. But his team’s defense sucks as well.
    Derek Carr's big brother in Houston, 2.0. A.K.A. could have been a HoFer on a better team that didn't completely neglect OL.

Also, injuries and early retirement and all, he still whooped Dak Prescott's sorry ass in an exhibition QB throwing compe ion last year.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    those people used to be the deciding votes in Presidential elections

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    those people used to be the deciding votes in Presidential elections
    you think they ever voted?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    It's Ohio, so ya never know. Those votes really count.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Darth_Pelican

looks like michael thomas and marcus davenport both might be out. still dont like our chances but that helps. Ruggs possibly being out on our end hurts too... only legit field stretcher we have

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    probably

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Darth_Pelican

looks like michael thomas and marcus davenport both might be out. still dont like our chances but that helps. Ruggs possibly being out on our end hurts too... only legit field stretcher we have
    Davenport is always hurt. Trey Hendrickson has done fine replacing him. Not having Thomas definitely hurts. Look for more gadget type plays with Deonte Harris & Taysom Hill.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Davenport is always hurt. Trey Hendrickson has done fine replacing him. Not having Thomas definitely hurts. Look for more gadget type plays with Deonte Harris & Taysom Hill.
    i expect cook to be the main guy. the raiders have been god awful at covering TE's in recent years. they did spend a lot of money on coverage linebackers this year, and carolina didnt do anything with TE's in week 1... but thats Bridgewater and Ian Thomas, not Brees and Cook.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    i expect cook to be the main guy. the raiders have been god awful at covering TE's in recent years. they did spend a lot of money on coverage linebackers this year, and carolina didnt do anything with TE's in week 1... but thats Bridgewater and Ian Thomas, not Brees and Cook.
    Maybe Brees finally goes back to the deep ball with his star possession receiver on the shelf for a few weeks? tbh

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Maybe Brees finally goes back to the deep ball with his star possession receiver on the shelf for a few weeks? tbh
    manny sanders time to shine

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Brees looked awful last week and not far off from 2015 Manning. It’s going to up to the defense, running game, and special teams to carry them all season. Wouldn’t be surprised to see a similar scenario where Winston comes in a few games just like Osweiler did that season for Denver.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Brees looked awful last week and not far off from 2015 Manning. It’s going to up to the defense, running game, and special teams to carry them all season. Wouldn’t be surprised to see a similar scenario where Winston comes in a few games just like Osweiler did that season for Denver.
    true

I think the Falcons might be the class of the division, but barely. We'll see. The Falcons looked quite impressive Week 1 (yes they lost, but it was Seattle). They put up a good performance.

I might be revising my Bucs prediction downward soon; we'll see.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    true

I think the Falcons might be the class of the division, but barely. We'll see. The Falcons looked quite impressive Week 1 (yes they lost, but it was Seattle). They put up a good performance.

I might be revising my Bucs prediction downward soon; we'll see.
    I don’t believe in the Falcons at all. They just have no iden y outside of their passing game. They’re not physical on either side of the ball and Matt Ryan isn’t good enough to carry a franchise. I see them firing Dan Quinn.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    I don’t believe in the Falcons at all. They just have no iden y outside of their passing game. They’re not physical on either side of the ball and Matt Ryan isn’t good enough to carry a franchise. I see them firing Dan Quinn.
    This guys talks through his ass. The Falcons..... lmao

Think Carolina has a shot for the upset today?

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    This guys talks through his ass. The Falcons..... lmao

Think Carolina has a shot for the upset today?
    I didn’t watch the Panthers last week, but I will root for Teddy just like I rooted for Delhomme. The Bucs and Brady made a ton of mistakes, but Brady’s arm looked better than Brees so I think their offense will get it together. But if Teddy can play strong and if the team can avoid mistakes, they have a chance. They hired a lot of good coaches and look to be building the smart way.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I disagree. They looked very good on the line of scrimmage on both sides. They have Aaron Donald Lite in Grady Jarrett and a ferocious edge rush. Their secondary needs to be less grabby but getting Allen and Neal back at FS and SS is a major boon. Trufant stopped caring a couple years ago so it makes sense he's in Detroit now.

On offense, they have a top 5 corps of skill players (rejuvenated Gurley, Hurst, Julio, Ridley, Gage) and a healthy line for a change. I haven't been high on the Falcons for a few years now but I think this year might definitely be a good year to be a Falcoholic again. Look for them to improve to 1-1 today, then they have 2 tough NFC North games (but Green Bay won't have fans), then their schedule gets easier for awhile.

If they stay healthy (their main problem in the past 2-3 years) they are the class of the division and Quinn is a top 10 coach. To get from taking a ton of bad losses and turning 1-7 into a modest 7-9 season considering all the injuries, that was pretty legit last year.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I didn’t watch the Panthers last week, but I will root for Teddy just like I rooted for Delhomme. The Bucs and Brady made a ton of mistakes, but Brady’s arm looked better than Brees so I think their offense will get it together. But if Teddy can play strong and if the team can avoid mistakes, they have a chance. They hired a lot of good coaches and look to be building the smart way.
    Teddy is very good at "avoiding mistakes". He's the poor man's Dak Prescott. But he's also not going to win them any games. The Raiders with Marinelli had an atrocious defensive gameplan last weekend. Teams playing the Panthers need to treat them like, say, the 2013-2016 Kansas City Chiefs. Stack the box and hard cover the flats. Emphasize quick tackling to prevent RAC/YAC. Force them to drop back and attempt to beat you deep, since Bridgewater and a bottom tier offensive line.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    0-1 in the pick ems right now, as posted in the OP.

I'm super tempted to pick the Rams over the Eagles, but I'm holding back on it just because Pederson owns McVay.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Stack the box and hard cover the flats. Emphasize quick tackling to prevent RAC/YAC. Force them to drop back and attempt to beat you deep, since Bridgewater and a bottom tier offensive line.
    You cant do that. If you stack the box, you’re giving 1v1 to four receivers with 4.3 speed. Covering the flats is moot, YAC monsters are YAC monsters because they are good against defenders in the flat. Im not sure where you got that our offensive line is bottom tier from?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    You cant do that. If you stack the box, you’re giving 1v1 to four receivers with 4.3 speed. Covering the flats is moot, YAC monsters are YAC monsters because they are good against defenders in the flat. Im not sure where you got that our offensive line is bottom tier from?
    Name the names? Your best OL players retired or went to other teams.

As far as the 1-on-1s, that's just fine, they could have 3.9 speed and I'd still play zero man coverage, because Bridgewater would in theory underthrow it and get picked off. (Actually, he'll more likely take the 2 yard checkdown or just throw it away.)

Nine men in the box all day... Carolina will be hapless. I'd do the same thing against Buffalo.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Name the names? Your best OL players retired or went to other teams.

As far as the 1-on-1s, that's just fine, they could have 3.9 speed and I'd still play zero man coverage, because Bridgewater would in theory underthrow it and get picked off. (Actually, he'll more likely take the 2 yard checkdown or just throw it away.)

Nine men in the box all day... Carolina will be hapless. I'd do the same thing against Buffalo.
    That is what Tampa is going to try, lets see if it works.

offensive line is about continuity, not big names.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Week 2 , Let's GO!!!!

Thread Information