Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    No maps yet... thought they'd be posted by now as it's Wednesday... and yes I'm referencing the terrible "superstar" call awarded to Jalen Ramsey, which awarded the worse team the ball game on Sunday night. Bad call, although it doesn't excuse the poor overall performance from Dak Prescott in Week 1, it was one the bigger "flops" I've ever seen in the NFL... honestly pretty bad even for the NBA.

~Andrew~

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    So, 'twas a 32 page thread week 1...... excellent; I think everyone on ST was ready for some football after the seemingly 5 years of COVID that has inundated our lives since that Jet Chip Wasp Mahomes Super Bowl .... but it's time to move on to Week 2, now.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    It really was a call, Ramsey had his arm tied up first. I’m all for increasing the offensive PI calls when players push off, but if that’s offensive PI then Terrell Owens’ career touchdown total should be cut in half.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Not frustrated since they didn’t give anything for him, but definitely a downgrade from Emmanuel Sanders.
    He wasn't particularly "bad" with the Patriots. He was a solid possession receiver from the slot. Reliable hands. Good for Brady, good for Jimmy tbh. The Saints should have got Sanu to "replace" Thomas for the next month or however long he is out. The Saints offense might struggle mightily in the coming weeks.

bumping in case no one has on Andy for barely getting 50% of the games right. With most of his right choices being the super obvious.

andy and his football knowledge
    It was just over half and definitely not all the "obvious" choices. Half is not terrible; NFL Gameday analysts have sub .500 weeks all the time.

Honestly, who would have done better? A lot of the "obvious" choices failed, like the Colts and Eagles.

Most people, but not me, expected the Rams to win on Sunday. How it happened was egregiously controversial, but it happened nonetheless.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    It really was a call, Ramsey had his arm tied up first. I’m all for increasing the offensive PI calls when players push off, but if that’s offensive PI then Terrell Owens’ career touchdown total should be cut in half.
    Randy Moss, Michael Irvin, Jerry Rice (how else, considering his 4.6 speed?)... The list goes on.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Randy Moss, Michael Irvin, Jerry Rice (how else, considering his 4.6 speed?)... The list goes on.

I don’t know anywhere near enough about Rice to put him on the list, but absolutely regarding. Most of his red zone touchdowns involved push offs.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    doesnt really fit in this thread but

looks like the Madden 19 turkey bowl dads vs kids game

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Millennial Messiah Andrew's Predictions (Week 2):

- The Bengals have Joe Burrow who is the real deal and the Browns really stink yet again. Burrow gets his first win, remaining in Ohio.
    - Miami and Buffalo is a wash, both below average teams in a stinky division, but home team prevails. Brian Flores is easily the better coach.
    - Steelers continue their winning ways in their home opener against a pesky but overall not-good-enough Broncos 2020 team.
    - ans win their easiest division home game of the year; this one shouldn't be close. If it is, we might need to re-evaluate Minshew again.
    - Chiefs win big in a mismatch against a lowly division opponent who doesn't have fans even if they could have fans.
    - Ravens have dominated the Texans over the years, including the blowout last year. Better team by a long shot.
    - Vikings rebound from bad divisional Week 1 home loss and beat the Colts, who are another team that is worse than expected due to Rivers' dilapidated arm.
    - 49ers prove they are still among the NFL's elite, despite losing to the rising stars of the NFL at home in Week 1 vs Arizona. The Jets still stink and no Bell.
    - Seahawks are the best team in the NFC at the moment. They avenge "The Pick!" once again. The Patriots are pretty hapless right now, sadly.
    - Saints, without Thomas, are still easily able to move the ball and score against one of the NFL's worst defenses. Carr and the Raiders' offense keep it close.
    - Bears and Trubisky continue their good work on both sides of the ball against a much-worse NY Giants team. The Bot vs. Khalil Mack? Not a chance, foo.
    - Bucs/Tom Brady gets his first win by a solid margin against one of the NFL's worst teams. Week 1 was a buzzsaw for Brady; this will provide much-needed TLC.
    - Atlanta is poised to recover their contender mojo this year as they're overdue for a year with less injuries. Dallas still has a gaping hole at right tackle until Week 4.
    - Rams could easily win this game, but I have the Eagles rebounding at home, even without fans, but this is a toss-up. Doug Pederson has Sean McVay's number.
    - No question Green Bay should be the better team, but don't count out Detroit and Stafford, who seems to play better from behind than ahead.
    - Arizona is one of the fastest rising teams in the NFL. Unlike injured Carson Wentz, Kyler "Rich Man's Lamar" Murray should run circles around the 'Skins D-Line.
    Last edited by Millennial_Messiah; 09-16-2020 at 09:07 AM.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    looks like the Madden 19 turkey bowl dads vs kids game
    looks like everybody's fear of trans participation in school sports

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    feel a lot better about the raiders chances with Thomas out. Kamara will still eat (ugh, playing CMC and Kamara back to back weeks), and Cook is a known quan y, but they're going to need more chunk plays to be a threat, and Brees didn't show any of that last week. But hey maybe Trequan Smith goes deep against us like Robby Anderson did last week. Saints D scares me more than their O this week.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Millennial_Messiah you are way too low on the Bills. They are a playoffs team once again this year.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Millennial_Messiah you are way too low on the Bills. They are a playoffs team once again this year.
    yep

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    No maps yet... thought they'd be posted by now as it's Wednesday... and yes I'm referencing the terrible "superstar" call awarded to Jalen Ramsey, which awarded the worse team the ball game on Sunday night. Bad call, although it doesn't excuse the poor overall performance from Dak Prescott in Week 1, it was one the bigger "flops" I've ever seen in the NFL... honestly pretty bad even for the NBA.

~Andrew~
    IDK about the "worse team". At least as to Sunday.

Other than turnovers, the Rams were ahead in almost every measurable.

Might be a coaching problem.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Richard Sherman might be done for the year. Niners may miss the playoffs after all.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Heard on the radio Pats hit up Browns for Odell. In 2018 they aggressively tried to trade for him.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Richard Sherman might be done for the year. Niners may miss the playoffs after all.
    It says he'll only miss 3 weeks. Nevermind.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ry-sources-say

They play the Gets, Jiants and home against Philly. Should be 3-1 when he comes back. No biggie.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    It says he'll only miss 3 weeks. Nevermind.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ry-sources-say

They play the Gets, Jiants and home against Philly. Should be 3-1 when he comes back. No biggie.
    He'll be out at least three weeks since he got put on IR. He injured this ankle in training camp and was trying to play through it. I think he's gonna have to get surgery.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I don't agree. Even with a 7 team playoffs (which I've been pe ioning the league for for 15 years; why should 2 teams each conference deserve a bye? That's a grand prize only for the best regular-season team in each conference IMO) I think New England wins the division and the AFC East is too ty and has too tough a schedule (NFC West) to get more than one team in this year.

Buffalo looked fine the other day. They played the Jets. The Jets outed themselves as among the league's worst on both sides of the ball, and now Bell might miss half the season. They're a wreck. Darnold has a weak arm unless he's playing Dallas. All of that. Buffalo won't be playing the Jets every week. Their roster is middling IMO, but their lack of a competent QB and HC makes their ceiling 8-8. I do think their floor isn't really lower than 6-10 or 5-11, though.

Brian Flores >> Sean McDumbass

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    He'll be out at least three weeks since he got put on IR. He injured this ankle in training camp and was trying to play through it. I think he's gonna have to get surgery.
    UPDATE 12:10 p.m. ET: Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that it is a calf strain and that Sherman is expected back in a few weeks.

Kyle Shanahan expects Sherman to not miss more than the three-week window.

Either way; the three stooges of the Original Legion of Boom are all but out of the league now, and Seattle was smart to jettison them before they became a washed up money pit like the 90s Detroit Pistons or late 00s Pistons.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Heard on the radio Pats hit up Browns for Odell. In 2018 they aggressively tried to trade for him.
    I hear "Benji" is a free agent, tbh. Cam should hit him up. Beckham is 5'11". Not really a Newton-friendly style archetype receiver.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    The Bills were a playoff team last year and only got better. Josh Allen is still erratic but Diggs and Brown are two of the best deep ball receivers in the league. They increase the margin for error tbh. And Allen's running ability can't be discounted. He's a good cold weather QB with a very good defense, good run game, good receivers that can make huge plays. Not much there not to like.

Josh Allen is like if Bortles was actually good

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    IDK about the "worse team". At least as to Sunday.

Other than turnovers, the Rams were ahead in almost every measurable.

Might be a coaching problem.
    Quarterback problem. Note my lack of an anti-referee rampage this past Sunday night in the game thread. Yes, it was a terrible call. But if I hadn't watched that same exact movie with Prescott 4 times last year, I probably would have screamed bloody murder at the refs and Jalen "Chris Fall" Ramsey.

The underlying problem is that Prescott can't get it done against non-prevent zone coverage in the guts of the game. Yes, he made a great throw against man (actually cover 3, but similar to man) with Gallup vs Ramsey, but it's a lot easier to make those deep-shot throws against man than zone.

The miss to Cooper on 3rd down which got Cooper plowed by Ramsey. Yes, Cooper should have held on; but better QBs don't get their elite WRs killed like that. They put more air and touch on the ball and put it in a place where the WR can catch it with ample time to secure it before getting plowed by a defender. Look at Russell Wilson's throws, to guys like Lockett, Metcalf, the tight ends, etc. and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Throwing behind Lamb on 4th down so he gets immediately clobbered, instead of leading him on the drag so he can catch and convert and likely score. That's on the QB, not the coach. I liked the decision to not kick. If you make it 20-20, chances are the Rams go back to their quick-throw offense (which the Cowboys couldn't pray to stop all game) and likely make it 27-20, or minimum 23-20 and you have the same exact situation as the actual game except with the score a little higher. But if you convert, if Prescott leads Lamb with a Russell Wilson-esque airier touch pass on the drag instead of a bullet to his back-side hand, you go up 24-20, and now the Rams MUST score a touchdown or else lose the game. And the Cowboys do have a great pass rush.... if only the enemy QB would actually drop back for more than, you know, 1.3 seconds.
    Last edited by Millennial_Messiah; 09-16-2020 at 05:22 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The Bills were a playoff team last year and only got better. Josh Allen is still erratic but Diggs and Brown are two of the best deep ball receivers in the league. They increase the margin for error tbh. And Allen's running ability can't be discounted. He's a good cold weather QB with a very good defense, good run game, good receivers that can make huge plays. Not much there not to like.

Josh Allen is like if Bortles was actually good
    Josh Allen is worse than 2015-2017 Bortles IMO. He's about on par with 2018 or 2014 Bortles. His best comp honestly is Tebow. He's a big, plodding running QB with a very erratic arm. Those Broncos had a great defense and a prime DeMaryius Thomas and went 8-8. That might be the best comp (2011 Broncos) in terms of the overall team of 2020 Buffalo imo.

The 2019 Bills had a historically easy schedule. Outside of their division, it ain't gonna be that easy this year.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Josh Allen is worse than 2015-2017 Bortles IMO. He's about on par with 2018 or 2014 Bortles. His best comp honestly is Tebow. He's a big, plodding running QB with a very erratic arm. Those Broncos had a great defense and a prime DeMaryius Thomas and went 8-8. That might be the best comp (2011 Broncos) in terms of the overall team of 2020 Buffalo imo.

The 2019 Bills had a historically easy schedule. Outside of their division, it ain't gonna be that easy this year.
    add this to your list of worst takes of all time

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    add this to your list of worst takes of all time
    how is that incorrect? Tebow has always been my comp for "Trash" Allen. I guess the main difference is that he's right handed and doesn't take a knee every time they score.

Thread Information