Well said Ezau!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quitter getting his just deserts! LOL!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim lost to an 8 seed. That's more pathetic than any choke by Kawhi.
    The dude was 35 and playing on 1 knee (before the rehab/weight loss)...Manu also had a broken arm that series. Not even close to the same level of choke. Nice try though

If you really want to get on Timmy for choking in his prime, the only example you'll have is games 4 and 6 versus the Lakers in 2004. Even then, not nearly as bad, since that Lakers team was significantly better than these Nuggets and eventually went to the finals.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The dude was 35 and playing on 1 knee (before the rehab/weight loss)...Manu also had a broken arm that series. Not even close to the same level of choke. Nice try though

If you really want to get on Timmy for choking in his prime, the only example you'll have is games 4 and 6 versus the Lakers in 2004. Even then, not nearly as bad, since that Lakers team was significantly better than these Nuggets and eventually went to the finals.
    Agreed and factor in they were double and triple teaming Tim on every possession with Malone being the primary defender and getting help from either Kobe,Payton,Shaq. If the spurs had shooters it would have blown up in the Lakers face. Hedo and Horry ted the bed in that series.

Only thing I knock Tim for in that series I felt he should have been a little big more aggressive on the offensive end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed and factor in they were double and triple teaming Tim on every possession with Malone being the primary defender and getting help from either Kobe,Payton,Shaq. If the spurs had shooters it would have blown up in the Lakers face. Hedo and Horry ted the bed in that series.

Only thing I knock Tim for in that series I felt he should have been a little big more aggressive on the offensive end.
    100% agree, especially in game 4. I remember he was on pace for a triple double in the first half, then disappeared. But Pop also got out coached. Never adjusted to those double/triple teams. As for game 6, Timmy took 19 shots, but probably should've taken 25 given how much everyone else was struggling. I think the foul trouble he got into messed with his 4th quarter aggressiveness.

For better or worse, Timmy almost always made the right basketball play, even when he should've forced it a bit more. The exceptions were his game 7s. He was always very aggressive in those games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I rather he take the shot then anyone on spurs team now

Leonard says iq in their team is bad
    Or is it rivers

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    100% agree, especially in game 4. I remember he was on pace for a triple double in the first half, then disappeared. But Pop also got out coached. Never adjusted to those double/triple teams. As for game 6, Timmy took 19 shots, but probably should've taken 25 given how much everyone else was struggling. I think the foul trouble he got into messed with his 4th quarter aggressiveness.

For better or worse, Timmy almost always made the right basketball play, even when he should've forced it a bit more. The exceptions were his game 7s. He was always very aggressive in those games.
    That's exactly how I felt but like you said Tim was always wired to be efficient which is to take the best shot available or make the right pass. I remember a year later in the Pistons series him admitting after game 7 that he was so concerned with being efficient that he realized in game 7 that he just had to be aggressive since he was never going to get a good shot due to the Pistons defense. Tim shot 10-27 in that game 7 against the Pistons but we needed him to take all those shots since it put pressure on the Pistons and eventually opened up scoring opportunities for other guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't fault Kawhi in 2013 to be perfectly honest. He was a second year and performed well beyond expectations the whole series. And at that time he wasn't known to be a reliable free throw shooter anyway.

However, definitely agree 2016 OKC series should be on the list. He was our best player and played like a chump against Andre Roberson. Spurs had a great chance to ring Timmy's last year, and Leonard blew it bad. Even Worse considering he'd just been Barnes'd the previous year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't fault Kawhi in 2013 to be perfectly honest. He was a second year and performed well beyond expectations the whole series. And at that time he wasn't known to be a reliable free throw shooter anyway.

However, definitely agree 2016 OKC series should be on the list. He was our best player and played like a chump against Andre Roberson. Spurs had a great chance to ring Timmy's last year, and Leonard blew it bad. Even Worse considering he'd just been Barnes'd the previous year.
    Agreed I never held 2013 against him but I do hold 2015 and 2016 against him. He was the number 1 option in both of those years and didn't come through.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Also, a 35 yeard TD who had to carry arguably one of the worst players in NBA history in Matt Bonner logging 20+ minutes, along with bust Jefferson and way past his prime McDyess. Load Management didn't have dead weight like that in his paper clips roster.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Agreed I never held 2013 against him but I do hold 2015 and 2016 against him. He was the number 1 option in both of those years and didn't come through.
    -‘15: Not even an all-star & still averaged much more than the reg season while Porker completely shat the bed

-‘16: He manhandled front running Roberson outside of Gm 6 which was over at halftime (Roberson had an offensive rating of ZERO in Gm 5 that Kawhi dominated on BOTH ends: https://www.basketball-reference.com...605100SAS.html)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -‘15: Not even an all-star & still averaged much more than the reg season while Porker completely shat the bed

-‘16: He manhandled front running Roberson outside of Gm 6 which was over at halftime (Roberson had an offensive rating of ZERO in Gm 5 that Kawhi dominated on BOTH ends: https://www.basketball-reference.com...605100SAS.html)

lol yeah he locked Andre Roberson's none shooting ass up. Belinelli could've done that, Roberson can't shoot. What a re ed take

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol yeah he locked Andre Roberson's none shooting ass up. Belinelli could've done that, Roberson can't shoot. What a re ed take
    Meanwhile Durant is torching SA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kawhi did have some good games, and some stinkers in that series. The stinkers tend to stand out in a loss. Fair enough.

Looking over those box scores reminds me of what a bum David Worst was in that post season. So many dumb costly turnovers, and Kanter utterly annihilated him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well...the poster I was replying to said he played along "all time greats".
    Not a dream team by any means but he had an all star PG, a the MIP that year and all star this year, former DPOY, plus a solid cast of vets and depth. That team was stacked around him

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Likely wishing he stayed in Toronto right now.
    no, la is where he wants to be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Likely wishing he stayed in Toronto right now.
    No, someone who can walk out on the Spurs, not give 2 s when Pop's wife dies, and not even be at the games while under contract... then leaves the team he just rang with when the country basically was ready to crown him king, doesn't wish anything. If he did, he'd refuse to play for LA and demand a trade. That's his MO.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Bruh, my point was that OKC was losing big time when Roberson was on the floor unlike the WCF where he outplayed Draymond & dude was gloating off a cheap block in glorified garbage time during Gm 6. Kawhi was guarding WestBrick who shot 37% in that series.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    No, someone who can walk out on the Spurs, not give 2 s when Pop's wife dies, and not even be at the games while under contract... then leaves the team he just rang with when the country basically was ready to crown him king, doesn't wish anything. If he did, he'd refuse to play for LA and demand a trade. That's his MO.
    You're right. He'll instruct Uncle Dennis to tell Doc that he wants George traded for a bigger name. Someone who can carry him when he's in playoff shrink mode.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KY sucks he will be out of the league in 5 years due to his degenerative Quad injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no mention of enrique who has a habbit of opening his big mouth when spurs go 2-0, then only to be backdoor sweep?

against lakers and okc, and grizz series

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no mention of enrique who has a habbit of opening his big mouth when spurs go 2-0, then only to be backdoor sweep?

against lakers and okc, and grizz series
    Parker has a history of choking no doubt but he was never considered the best player in the league, an MVP candidate like Kawhi has been the last few years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim, Manu, and Tony never blew a 3-1 lead. Just saying, sons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker has a history of choking no doubt but he was never considered the best player in the league, an MVP candidate like Kawhi has been the last few years.
    he was mvp candidate when all the real top players were injured that year...still had no business opening his big mouth against westbrick

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thought Thunderefs happened because of 2012 WCF Game 6

Thread Information