Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Offensive Stats through Week One:

Teddy Bridgewater: 22/34 ; 279 yrds; 1 TD/0 INT; 98.9 RTG
    Analysis:Teddy was solid, but unspectactular in his debut. He constantly made very good, quick decision to get the ball into his playmakers hands, resulting in a ton of points. He also had a couple chemistry issues on early misses, particularly a deep ball or two. For him to achieve the maximum potential of this very promising offense, he will have to work on his deep ball accuracy.

CAR: YRDS: AVG: TD:
    Christian McCaffrey: 23 car; 96 yrds; 4.2 avg; 2 TD
    Analysis: Christian McCaffrey continues to be the best back in football. Although he took some punishment and did not have many big gains, he continued to take negative plays into positive, as well as maintaining a solid average to keep the defense guessing.

Robbie Anderson: 6 rec; 115 yrds; 1 TD; 8 TGTS
    DJ Moore: 4 rec; 54 yrds; 0 TD; 9 TGTS
    Christian McCaffrey: 3 rec; 38 yrds; 0 TD; 4 TGTS
    Curtis Samuel: 5 rec; 38 yrds; 0 TD; 8 TGTS
    Ian Thomas: 2 rec; 16 yrds; 0 TD; 2 TGTS
    Seth Roberts: 1 rec; 5 yrds; 0 TD; 2 TGTS
    Chris Manhertz: 1 rec; 4 yrds; 0 TD; 1 TGTS

Analysis:
    This receiving corps has the potential to be top three in the league. Bridgewater very evenly targeted top three receivers Moore, Samuel and Anderson, and have McCaffrey not too far behind. These weapons have enough firepower to surprise a few teams this year.

TOP 5 in Tackles: TOP 5 in Sacks: TOP 3 in INT:

Shaq Thompson: 12
    Jeremy Chin: 8
    Troy Pride Jr: 7
    Trey Boston: 6
    Taqir Whitehead: 6

Analysis:
    This defense has a lot of work to do. Coming into the first game with many questions in the secondary, it was the linebackers and defensive line in which left a lot to be desired. Although a young team, there was many reasons to be optimistic with the future of Carolina. The defensive line, on paper looks strong. They weren't able to generate a sack, as 22mill/yr Kawaan Short was unnoticeable. Rookie Derrick Brown and second year Brian Burns played well. The linebacking core was underwhelming to say the least. Shaq Thompson looked lethargic after getting his pay day, and Whitehead looked lost in coverage. One brightspot was rookie WLB/SS Jeremy Chin. He looked like the best player, and will line up everywhere this year, as Carolina is running an unconventional 3-3-5 base. Cornerback Donte Jackson was hurt on the first drive, which led to issues filling the spot with Eli Apple also out. Rasual Douglass played well, and Troy Pride Jr. will need time to develop.

INJURY REPORT:
    Donte Jackson
    Eli Apple
    Dennis Daley
    Last edited by N0 LyF3 ScRuB; 09-16-2020 at 01:07 PM.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    I dont think Curtis Samuel is a special player, but DJ Moore and Robby should be very good complements to one another in theory, provided Anderson continues making his 1-2 big plays per game. was pretty disappointed Ian Thomas didnt playa bigger role... though maybe that means after years of being god awful at it, the Raiders finally managed to cover a tight end.

its remarkable how durable CMC is despite his stature.

defensively they were predictably a mess. derrick brown really flashed on some plays, tossing linemen around, standing up to double teams, but overall he still has a ways to go. the natural ability is pretty clear though. burns didnt make much impact though the raiders do tend to get the ball out quickly, so not the easiest matchup for him. then again the raiders starting RT went down early and the backup tackle went down too, so they had to play a guard at RT and didnt seem to miss a beat

secondary didnt get tested often (raiders were content to just run the ball), but they did give up a couple of big plays.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I dont think Curtis Samuel is a special player, but DJ Moore and Robby should be very good complements to one another in theory, provided Anderson continues making his 1-2 big plays per game. was pretty disappointed Ian Thomas didnt playa bigger role... though maybe that means after years of being god awful at it, the Raiders finally managed to cover a tight end.

defensively they were predictably a mess. derrick brown really flashed on some plays, tossing linemen around, standing up to double teams, but overall he still has a ways to go. the natural ability is pretty clear though. burns didnt make much impact though the raiders do tend to get the ball out quickly, so not the easiest matchup for him. then again the raiders starting RT went down early and the backup tackle went down too, so they had to play a guard at RT and didnt seem to miss a beat

secondary didnt get tested often (raiders were content to just run the ball), but they did give up a couple of big plays.
    I was targeting DJ in my drafts and he always went before I could take him. It's only one game, but I'm pretty glad I never got him. Should be fine but now that Anderson is out form under Gase AND apparently healthy, he looks good.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    They peaked in week 1.

4-12 is their ceiling.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I’m still not a believer in CMC. He’s gonna get run down fast given his style, frame and usage

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I’m still not a believer in CMC. He’s gonna get run down fast given his style, frame and usage
    Agreed. His supply of borrowed vibranium that he stole from Wakanda a few years back is gonna run short soon, and he ain't gettin' more now that T'Challa is now dead in real life.

Carolina should have just traded him to a contender while he's still good and fully committed to the rebuild, especially after losing their whole defense to free agency and/or retirement.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    What do you mean you dont believe? What is there not to believe? Hes already the best back in football. Its past the stage of not believing.

If youre referring to durability, how about you wait until he gets injured.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    What do you mean you dont believe? What is there not to believe? Hes already the best back in football. Its past the stage of not believing.

To extend his career he should be used as a third down running back, and a slot receiver i.e. Edelman on the other downs. Running him into the ground virtually every down, especially the runs up the gut, will shorten his career. He's not exactly a "big" back like Jonathan Stewart was.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    To extend his career he should be used as a third down running back, and a slot receiver i.e. Edelman on the other downs. Running him into the ground virtually every down, especially the runs up the gut, will shorten his career. He's not exactly a "big" back like Jonathan Stewart was.
    Lets wait until he gets injured. He could retire tomorrow, and hed be one of two backs to ever rush and catch 1000, he did it twice.

Its past the point of non believing. CMC could switch to full time receiver and probably be a top 3 slot receiver. So the threat of him slowing down as a running back doesnt concern me. Hes well worth the money. Especially when you see the deals Kamara got.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Lets wait until he gets injured. He could retire tomorrow, and hed be one of two backs to ever rush and catch 1000, he did it twice.

Its past the point of non believing. CMC could switch to full time receiver and probably be a top 3 slot receiver. So the threat of him slowing down as a running back doesnt concern me. Hes well worth the money. Especially when you see the deals Kamara got.
    slot receivers last well into their 30s, bell cow backs die at 28 basically

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count

Solid analysis. Only disagreement is over Samuel.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

He was the best back in football last year. As we know, guys break down fast in the NFL, especially when used a lot. Look at Gurley, he was the best back for exactly 1 year too.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Kamara has a very different role (scat back) on a much better offense, much better team, with much more weapons the defense has to care about. CMC is the better RB in that he does it all well, but is going to pay the price with high usage on a really crappy team. I give him 2 years production at a high level on that POS franchise.

BTW you see it with other crappy franchises. AJ Green, for example (receiver, I know that's different), is already TOSB because he's on the Bungles.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Kamara has a very different role (scat back) on a much better offense, much better team, with much more weapons the defense has to care about. CMC is the better RB in that he does it all well, but is going to pay the price with high usage on a really crappy team. I give him 2 years production at a high level on that POS franchise.

BTW you see it with other crappy franchises. AJ Green, for example (receiver, I know that's different), is already TOSB because he's on the Bungles.
    Exactly. Carolina really needs to bring in a bell cow to handle the majority of the early carries, carries up the middle, short yardage carries against stacked boxes. Because that kind of thing will make McCaffrey go the way of Kuechly....early retirement.

Devonta Freeman is still on the market but he's more of a change of pace back himself, sadly. They could have had someone like Adrian Peterson. Marshawn Lynch is that type of back but he won't play for a non-contender. LeGarrette Blount is available and might be willing to make a comeback for the right price, who knows.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    there's still value in having CMC on the field taking the early down work because it keeps the defense guessing. the issue with a designated early down and designated pass catching back is that you telegraph your playcall to the defense based on the personnel to some extent.

when guys like CMC, Kamara, David Johnson, Mixon, etc are on the field, the defense isn't sure what to expect from the back on that particular play. When you bring in a Theo Rid , Tarik Cohen, or Jalen Richard, the defense knows you're not about to run up the middle

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    I will update the stats a bit later.

By far the best performance of the year. Our #4 ranked passing offense showed great strides, and Mike Davis filled in admirably for CMC. Teddy played conservative, but well. Too many field goals.

I figured our defense would need time to mesh, but wow did they play well. Three sacks, a pick and three forced fumbles, very impressed with their play against an explosive LAC team.

Things are getting interesting, and I am cautiously optimistic. We play Arizona and Atlanta next, two very winnable games. Win both, we are 3-2. 2nd place in division off tie breaker, one game back.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

By far the best performance of the year. Our #4 ranked passing offense showed great strides, and Mike Davis filled in admirably for CMC. Teddy played conservative, but well. Too many field goals.

I figured our defense would need time to mesh, but wow did they play well. Three sacks, a pick and three forced fumbles, very impressed with their play against an explosive LAC team.

Things are getting interesting, and I am cautiously optimistic. We play Arizona and Atlanta next, two very winnable games. Win both, we are 3-2. 2nd place in division off tie breaker, one game back.
    I don't think you beat either team. Those are NFC contenders. LAC is a bad afc team.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    I don't think you beat either team. Those are NFC contenders. LAC is a bad afc team.
    I dont think LAC is a bad team.

SuperCam , care to give your take on ATL being a contender?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count

LAC have scored 16, 20, and 16 points in their 3 games. in what world are they explosive? and they havent even played any good defenses

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    LAC have scored 16, 20, and 16 points in their 3 games. in what world are they explosive? and they havent even played any good defenses
    When I say explosive, I mean they can make big plays. They have weapons, a running game and a young but strong armed QB

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    When I say explosive, I mean they can make big plays. They have weapons, a running game and a young but strong armed QB
    Every team can make big plays. What big time weapon do they have in the passing game? Mike Williams? That's way different than someone like Tyreek or Metcalf. Williams isn't running away from anyone. Who else do they have that's explosive in the passing game? Keenan is a great WR but he's not a big time playmaker. Regardless, they're saying that Tyrod is still the starter anyway.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Every team can make big plays. What big time weapon do they have in the passing game? Mike Williams? That's way different than someone like Tyreek or Metcalf. Williams isn't running away from anyone. Who else do they have that's explosive in the passing game? Keenan is a great WR but he's not a big time playmaker. Regardless, they're saying that Tyrod is still the starter anyway.
    Mike Williams is a great vertical threat. Allen is the best route runner in the game

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Mike Williams is a great vertical threat. Allen is the best route runner in the game
    you could call any offense explosive (except maybe the jets) with these standards.

the chargers are one of the worst offenses in the league so far this year

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Oh...OK. Explosiveness confirmed.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    you could call any offense explosive (except maybe the jets) with these standards.

the chargers are one of the worst offenses in the league so far this year
    We will see by the end of the year. I stand by my comment.

Thread Information