Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I know why..he wanted to be 'the guy' and I admire his compe ive nature but seriously...if you know you wanted to load manage the entire season wouldn't Lakers or Raptors make more sense? Who the F does that autistic bas think he is to just show up during the playoffs and win it all? Even Michael Jefferey Jordan didn't roll like that.

He's easily a back to back champion if he chooses the Raptors or if he asked Lebron and AD to take over the season while he rests. Instead he decided to be a hero and now realized he doesn't have Pop to guide him or Coach Nurse. This may be one of the biggest re decisions in NBA history tbh.

Also lol @ these guys thinking they're a lock for the trophy. That trophy is up for grabs by any one at this point.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I know why..he wanted to be 'the guy' and I admire his compe ive nature but seriously...if you know you wanted to load manage the entire season wouldn't Lakers or Raptors make more sense? Who the F does that autistic bas think he is to just show up during the playoffs and win it all? Even Michael Jefferey Jordan didn't roll like that.

He's easily a back to back champion if he chooses the Raptors or if he asked Lebron and AD to take over the season while he rests. Instead he decided to be a hero and now realized he doesn't have Pop to guide him or Coach Nurse. This may be one of the biggest re decisions in NBA history tbh.

Also lol @ these guys thinking they're a lock for the trophy. That trophy is up for grabs by any one at this point.

That’s when you know that team is full of trash ass immature players . You think a leader like Timmy D or Lowry and nurse would allow this bull from the other guys ?. I know the lakers bench celebrates loudly but they never mock other players like these clowns

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That’s when you know that team is full of trash ass immature players . You think a leader like Timmy D or Lowry and nurse would allow this bull from the other guys ?. I know the lakers bench celebrates loudly but they never mock other players like these clowns
    Lakers bench doesn't clown around...they cheerlead which is fine but no one is acting like the trophy is ours. Far from it...I can get a sense from the team that they recognize anything can happen in the bubble...this is any ones to win. No one is afraid of the Lakers...Clippers thought teams were afraid of them but they had to learn the hard way

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is a great player imo, but he isn't a leader. I think he can carry a team and be the best player on that team but I don't think he can truly lead a team, if that makes sense.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kawhi is a great player imo, but he isn't a leader. I think he can carry a team and be the best player on that team but I don't think he can truly lead a team, if that makes sense.
    Makes perfect sense...he's a great player but he has his limitations like any one else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    100% agree. 99% of the great ones don't have it all, tbh, and he's a great one. Still, him and I'm glad he lost

Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who would have thought PG13 would suck so bad?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The clippers would have been better off keeping Gilgeous Alexander and Gallinari. Not to mention their draft picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KL chose the Clippers because Lebron was on the Lakers and KL didn't want to be a +1. He also didn't want high expectations but he ed up by having PG there with him. Had it just be KL they would have been a wash basically. They were just shy of "not 1, not 2" territory.

KL is a good player, he's a great player actually, but his stature has been artificially inflated by being incredibly lucky, falling into a pile of and coming out smelling like a rose. In SA he wasn't clicking even in the Finals until that one conversation he had with Pop, supposedly. The prior year he missed a FT that would have sealed the ring. He was on a team of the most unselfish players (9 not withstanding) that were ever assembled. Great ball movement, great shooting, great defense (so so), and he was able to get his. That MVP gave him the idea he was better than the Spurs. In Toronto he was added to a conference leading squad, they weren't scrubs and they made it back this year without him. Even then Lebron left and the Warriors were dropping like flies. By the end, KD, Steph and Klay were out.

He took the money, offered 2 years because he probably thinks Lebron will be out of LA by then or he'll at least know enough about the Clippers to decide to retire or go elsewhere. Retire you say? He's in pain a lot, misses every other game. He's not a lavish lifesyle guy, not by the standards of his income, so he could retire and never need to play again. That would be a really smart move, I wouldn't put it past him, he is autistic you know and autistic people do some things very very well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well yeah, I said it 5 years ago and you and the other upstairs felchers lost your minds over how great of a leader KL was because Pop called him the future face of the franchise. KL only works on KL's game, does not make his teammates better, doesn't seem to give a about anyone but himself.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Technically he was the guy in Toronto,CN but just another franchise player in Los Angeles.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yet people were losing their collective when Pop called him out for not being a leader...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yet people were losing their collective when Pop called him out for not being a leader...
    Agreed it was stupid but he had the media on his side at that time. They all wanted him to go to the Lakers badly and assumed he would so they never going to bash him. It's a big reason why he was able to win the PR war against the Spurs mainly because these media s wanted him in a Laker jersey.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He went to the Clippers because his uncle told him to. Originally he was going to go to the Lakers up until Lebron signed with them. He might still go to the Lakers in a few years once Lebron retires. It wouldn't surprise me if he does. His uncle is obsessed with endorsements and he's still not getting them so a switch to the Lakers might be seen as a lucrative business move for Uncle Dennis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is stupid and in some ways overrated- end discussion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't the ol' sport's Uncle Dennis decide that Kawhi wanted to go to the Clippers?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

*Relax, this is an asterisk season & like you said even Jordan couldn’t do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if behind these mega pro sports deals are goodies beyond the contract.
    Worth just as much $$$ as the contract itself?

Like owner promises to hook up coveted athlete with insider stock tip that owner is or certainly could be privy to.
    No proof, just seems like with the rest of sleazeball big business it must happen.

So I'm purely speculating that Balmer and co promised Uncle stuff beyond Kwa's actual contract.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    *Relax, this is an asterisk season & like you said even Jordan couldn’t do it.

It's definitely an asterisk season no matter what happens. With that said, if the Lakers win it all I think the public will consider them the true champions given that they dominated bucks and clippers right before the real season ended. I still think they have a long way to go to win it all though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's definitely an asterisk season no matter what happens. With that said, if the Lakers win it all I think the public will consider them the true champions given that they dominated bucks and clippers right before the real season ended. I still think they have a long way to go to win it all though.
    no

No one will ever consider this season a real one.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Regular seasons championship?

Btw, both were like a 5 point games before the try-hard Lakers pulled away late at home.....wouldn’t exactly say “they dominated” even with Bradley going off.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The national media will consider it legit since they tend to be Laker stans but not the online community and social media since Lebron is a polarizing figure. Lebron will bring up that he is the new goat with this le but his critics will respond by saying the le was not legit due to Covid/bubble and deserves an asterisk. That's the way I see it going down if the Lakers win it all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who would have thought PG13 would suck so bad?
    Seriously. A season ago PG put up 28 pts, 8.2 rebounds, 4.1 assists, & 2.2 steals per game, and finished 3rd in the MVP vote. I don't know if having surgery on both of his shoulders had a bigger effect than he's letting on to, but in theory it seems like it'd be easier to adjust to Kawhi than to Westbrook.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously. A season ago PG put up 28 pts, 8.2 rebounds, 4.1 assists, & 2.2 steals per game, and finished 3rd in the MVP vote. I don't know if having surgery on both of his shoulders had a bigger effect than he's letting on to, but in theory it seems like it'd be easier to adjust to Kawhi than to Westbrook.
    up against superior players, he disappears man.... then he has a blowout game against some scrub to avg out his stats from previous ty game

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The clippers would have been better off keeping Gilgeous Alexander and Gallinari. Not to mention their draft picks.
    Having the Clips do whatever it took, and it took a of a lot, to get PG was likely a condition of Number Two signing there in the first place.

Thread Information