Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, it wasn't his worst, but its definitely up there. If he played Mills more minutes instead of Parker, played CoJo on Austin ing Rivers when he started going off in game 4, or simply adjusted to the Chris Paul/Blake Griffin PnR the Spurs take care of business.
    Its not like he didn't ride Mills and Beli, both had huge games in game 3 and game 6. Its hard when two of the Spurs big 3 were MIA and two of the medium 3 didn't exactly show up/

That game 7 came down to L.A nephew not showing up, a BS foul call and a CP3 game winner. In the end, its kinda hard to put that part on Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kawhi also choked in this series, getting blocked by matt barnes
    Matt Barnes couldn't stop Derek Fisher from scoring but shut down the raining finals MVP

Kawhi has had a history of choking since 2013. The 3-1 lead he squandered is just the cherry on top, tbh.
    Agreed:

-2012 Got benched in favor of Captain Jack vs. the Thunder in the WCF
    -2013 Missed free throw that would've sealed the deal and won the Spurs the 2013 Championship
    -2015- Chocked against the Clippers, shut down by a journeyman in Matt Barnes in game 7
    -2020-Blew 3-1 lead 14 points, on 22 shots in game 7

LA Nephew has a pretty bad PS record, that directly lead to his team being eliminated 4 times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We lost to Chris Paul mainly. Clowning on doc is fun, but the real mastermind is the hall of fame pg on the floor running the plays

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That series loss was on Tony Parker, in all honesty. Then again, Pop kept that bum in the game for long periods when he shouldn't have. So you're right. Although, there are still other stains on pop's legacy

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Spurs should've won that series in 5 despite Splitter's injury and Kawhi playing like . Duncan reached back into the fountain of youth to play one of his better series in his career against the best front court in the NBA at the time, and Mills actually balled out in his limited playing time. It was also the only series Belinelli showed up in during his time with the Spurs.
    The biggest blunder was not playing Patty when he was hot. I’ve said this multiple time but Matt Barnes couldn’t guard Kawhi in the post thus Doc kept sending doubles after Gm 3. Patty was able to keep them honest but Poop had him glued while Enrique was playing hero ball or Kawhi was forcing contested shots like Kirby.

Kawhi also had to chase Choke-P3 through multiple double screens for the latter part of the series b/c Danny was getting cooked which most likely wore him out.

BTW, I was at STAPLES for Gm 1 & almost walked out when Blake posterized Baynes who was useless in that series despite having an opportunity due to Splitters injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We had a few series over the years where we laid an egg. The Clippers in 2015 as mentioned. Getting steamrolled by the Grizz in 2011 when they were the 8 seed definitely sucked, as well. The 2012 playoffs when we opened up 10-0 and then dropped 4 straight to the Thunder was not fun either.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    We had a few series over the years where we laid an egg. The Clippers in 2015 as mentioned. Getting steamrolled by the Grizz in 2011 when they were the 8 seed definitely sucked, as well. The 2012 playoffs when we opened up 10-0 and then dropped 4 straight to the Thunder was not fun either.
    Poop not giving minutes to Splitter & icing Jack takes the cake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hack-a-Jordan and him willing to lose with a washed Parker dragging the team down is what cost it.. you literally could’ve started Corey Joseph in place of Parker and the spurs win in 5. Plus kawhi blowing it in game 7. Tim and Danny green played tremendously that game

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And that was fresh off of a championship run. And Spurs were up 3-2 in that series. It's seriously embarrassing to lose in the playoffs against a mediocre head coach who's known for choking leads.
    Damn reaching to try to take a dump on pop huh lmao. Try harder this has troll written all over it.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    people want to blame pop, but that series was lost on a shot chris paul misses the rest of his career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    using this logic, any HOF coach who has lost a playoff series to a lesser coach is tarnished.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Perkins saying that Rivers should be fired for losing like he did D'Antoni?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No but his team that one 20 in a row lost 4 in a row to OKC.... but Doc Rivers does suck and they are both frauds tbh.
    2-0 leads are more surmountable than 3-1 leads. Blowing a 3-1 lead is like a lion playing with its food before ultimately snuffing it.

Veteran
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    DeAndre Jordan was also a Serge Ibaka level intimidator at the rim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, it wasn't his worst, but its definitely up there. If he played Mills more minutes instead of Parker, played CoJo on Austin ing Rivers when he started going off in game 4, or simply adjusted to the Chris Paul/Blake Griffin PnR the Spurs take care of business.
    Pop not being able to stop that double screen will forever be a mystery to me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2-0 leads are more surmountable than 3-1 leads. Blowing a 3-1 lead is like a lion playing with its food before ultimately snuffing it.
    2-0 leads seem to be nothing these days since (pre Covid) the other team would go home to some cuppycake games with the refs doing their bull to extend every series to 7 games to maximize revenue

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have to remember that SA was banged up all year and Kawhi was terrified of Matt Barnes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi has had a history of choking since 2013. The 3-1 lead he squandered is just the cherry on top, tbh.
    No. revisionists history just because you're a huge got. Kawhi is the only reason the Spurs were even relevant in the 2010s. Losing to 8 seeds before he got here. delusional spurms fans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why do people blang on about "kawhi was important to the spurs" and ignore likely 3 time champ Danny Green? Green was really an important part of the beautiful game and had big stats without being an iso .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. revisionists history just because you're a huge got. Kawhi is the only reason the Spurs were even relevant in the 2010s. Losing to 8 seeds before he got here. delusional spurms fans.
    Prime Timmy, Manu, and Parker never squandered a 3-1 lead, son. KaChoke getting torched by a borderline star in Jamal Murray and losing a 3-1 lead against the Nuggets will forever haunt his degenerative knees.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the point was the 20 game win streak not 2-0 leads, that team should have rung. Poops did nothing to make that team better or give it a greater chance not to loose 4 straight to OKC. That game six was a travesty, Poop gets away unscathed for like that and DRob still crucified over a very close six game series with Hakeem's rockets....... that loss was bad enough poop fired THAT coach... poop put himself in a postilion with the aid of local media, the organization, the fanbase, and Tim Duncan to roll in pig and come out clean time and time again.
    Here are a few recent of those.
    Last few seconds of game six in Miami sits tim TWICE!!!
    Start Bryn Forbes at 2 guard for 100 games in a row but in the bubble he falls ass backwards into the talented youth he had know idea was in deep freeze in Austin because he was trying to TANK.

Dude gets more passes than a NY subway Turnstile since the end of fining fair jumpers.
    That 95 series is the one that gets to me even today. It's why I hate Dennis Rodman. Pop fired Hill mainly bc Hill refused to double and triple team Hakeem. He left Robinson all alone on an island to win the series himself and that's ty coaching. Pop actually did adjust to OKC in 2012. But if you remember that 9 point swing from Thunderef where Gino picked up the two most bull calls of all time and cost us 6 points and then the Thunder capitalized with a 3 immediately afterwards. Plus those calls put Gino on the bench and he wa very clearly our best player that game.

The Clippers and Nugget series though are fireable offenses in my book

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    -2012 Got benched in favor of Captain Jack vs. the Thunder in the WCF

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    timmy and patty were playing well in that LAC series.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    That series loss was on Tony Parker, in all honesty. Then again, Pop kept that bum in the game for long periods when he shouldn't have.
    PATFO should've moved on from tony much sooner.

old timmy and old manu were able to play at a decent level compared to old parker.

Thread Information