Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And that was fresh off of a championship run. And Spurs were up 3-2 in that series. It's seriously embarrassing to lose in the playoffs against a mediocre head coach who's known for choking leads.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did Pop ever blew a 3-1 lead? I don't think so. Rivers meanwhile had blown 3-1 leads thrice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That team was doomed early on, when they went through an insane amount of injuries, Pop did help keep the team from falling apart and got them to the playoffs.

I actually think that with how bad Manu and Parker played, plus Splitter banged up (he was supposed to guard Blake who went off against the Spurs) and Kawhi fading in and out like Kitty Pryde, Pop helping get it to game 7 against a good Clips team was pretty good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did Pop ever blew a 3-1 lead? I don't think so. Rivers meanwhile had blown 3-1 leads thrice.
    I'm not comparing Poppovich to Fraud Rivers. I'm saying it's a disgrace that Pop lost to a dumb ing head coach like Fraud Rivers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That team was doomed early on, when they went through an insane amount of injuries, Pop did help keep the team from falling apart and got them to the playoffs.

I actually think that with how bad Manu and Parker played, plus Splitter banged up (he was supposed to guard Blake who went off against the Spurs) and Kawhi fading in and out like Kitty Pryde, Pop helping get it to game 7 against a good Clips team was pretty good.
    Pop ruined game 6 by doing the Hack of DeAndre while the Spurs were up. It ruined all the Spurs momentum and gave life bck to the Clippers. That's how delusional Pop became after winning his 5th le

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not comparing Poppovich to Fraud Rivers. I'm saying it's a disgrace that Pop lost to a dumb ing head coach like Fraud Rivers
    So Pop never squandered a 3-1 lead ever. Phil Jackson lost to Rivers in the finals, does that make him an idiot too? Stop reaching, son. Just admit that Kawhi choked and life will be a little better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurs should've won that series in 5 despite Splitter's injury and Kawhi playing like . Duncan reached back into the fountain of youth to play one of his better series in his career against the best front court in the NBA at the time, and Mills actually balled out in his limited playing time. It was also the only series Belinelli showed up in during his time with the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Pop never squandered a 3-1 lead ever. Phil Jackson lost to Rivers in the finals, does that make him an idiot too? Stop reaching, son. Just admit that Kawhi choked and life will be a little better.
    Phil Jackson didn't have Ariza and Bynum in that series. Lakers would've won if those 2 were healthy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't forget losing to an 8th seed as the 1 seed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think losing to Avery Johnson is worse tbh. And then Lionel Hollins. Rivers would be my 3rd with Scotty Brooks being 4. I think everyone else Pop lost to is fine. So in order:

1: AJ
    2: Hollins
    3: Rivers
    4: Brooks (atleast with Brookes you can blame Thunderref)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think losing to Avery Johnson is worse tbh. And then Lionel Hollins. Rivers would be my 3rd with Scotty Brooks being 4. I think everyone else Pop lost to is fine. So in order:

1: AJ
    2: Hollins
    3: Rivers
    4: Brooks (atleast with Brookes you can blame Thunderref)
    Don't think #4 is fair to Pop. The Spurs always struggled against the OKC Thunder which at that time was way more talented and more athletic than the Spurs

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All these Butt Hurt Ky fans and there Alts coming out of the woodwork. It’s a sad day I understand you are all shocked and embarrassed by your boy but keep it in the family Clipper Nation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should've won that series in 5 despite Splitter's injury and Kawhi playing like . Duncan reached back into the fountain of youth to play one of his better series in his career against the best front court in the NBA at the time, and Mills actually balled out in his limited playing time. It was also the only series Belinelli showed up in during his time with the Spurs.
    Agreed on Duncan, Beli and Mills balling. But when Parker and Manu and Kawhi are playing either bad or mediocre, and a banged up Splitter, what else could Pop do?

Also, who can forget that BS foul call late in game 7, then CP3 latter hitting the game winner. Pop has plenty of playoff misses but this series isn't on the greatest hits for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop ruined game 6 by doing the Hack of DeAndre while the Spurs were up. It ruined all the Spurs momentum and gave life bck to the Clippers. That's how delusional Pop became after winning his 5th le
    That didn't work, for sure. But I think you're ignoring just how awful Parker and Manu were, and how MIA Kawhi was. Diaw wasn't that great either and Splitter was ineffective after an injury. Just being up 3-2 in that series was pretty damn good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All these Butt Hurt Ky fans and there Alts coming out of the woodwork. It’s a sad day I understand you are all shocked and embarrassed by your boy but keep it in the family Clipper Nation.
    Exactly. Kawhi goes 8-28 from the field and 2-8 from 3 in games 6 and 7 that series and that’s on Pop? How Kawhi skates 2015 and 2016 I’ll never understand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed on Duncan, Beli and Mills balling. But when Parker and Manu and Kawhi are playing either bad or mediocre, and a banged up Splitter, what else could Pop do?

Also, who can forget that BS foul call late in game 7, then CP3 latter hitting the game winner. Pop has plenty of playoff misses but this series isn't on the greatest hits for me.
    Sure, it wasn't his worst, but its definitely up there. If he played Mills more minutes instead of Parker, played CoJo on Austin ing Rivers when he started going off in game 4, or simply adjusted to the Chris Paul/Blake Griffin PnR the Spurs take care of business.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean Phil Jackson lost to him as well doe. It be like that sometimes, it really do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean Phil Jackson lost to him as well doe. It be like that sometimes, it really do.
    Pop is still the GOAT coach, but this series (and the 2014-15 season in general) is where his ability to coach at a high level started to decline. He's the one who became fat and happy the most after 5.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Acting like coaches play.

With the right cir stances (talent/fit/chemistry, etc.) any coach can "beat" any other one.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kawhi also choked in this series, getting blocked by matt barnes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the end of the day, Pop, Manu, Tim, and Tony never blew a 3-1 lead. Meanwhile, KaChoke...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi has had a history of choking since 2013. The 3-1 lead he squandered is just the cherry on top, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop definitely messed up in 2015. The Spurs should have won that series in 6 if he made simple adjustments. I was so bitter towards most of the guys for wasting Duncan’s good series that year. What a legendary performance that was.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That series was lost in Game 4 at home when nobody except Beli showed up to play and they blew their chance to go up 3-1.
    Kawhi was especially disappointing IIRC. That's when you want a Finals MVP caliber player to step up instead of being underwhelming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just remember the Clippers running literally the same play all game long the whole series and Pop not being able to adjust to it. High pick n roll with a double screen from Griffin and Jordan.

Thread Information