View Poll Results: Would You Switch Political Parties for 1 Million Dollars?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Show me the money!

9 81.82%
  • I'd rather die or just no

2 18.18%
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're relatively young, a million dollars isn't enough to fundamentally and permanently change your lifestyle. So if you're generally happy with your lifestyle and secure in your beliefs, I don't see why you'd compromise the latter for a million bucks.
    You've been reading too many mag articles and/or reddit posts designed to make you feel better about your ty station, Sadbert.
    A million dollars is a gamechanger.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that wasn't allowed according to DMC

I'd still take the money. I don't know about you guys but I can do a lot of things - religion-wise, setting up kids, charity wise - with a million dollars tax-free. It's PRACTICAL to take the money and idealistic to think that one single vote/switch of party can change anything - not that I look to politics to change anything - imo, that's mostly up to the individual.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So why hasn't any of you who wouldn't sell your vote - not answer the poll?

yes but you’re a really ignorant awful person with no principles or character

like all the rest of you, the world will be a better place without you in it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes but you’re a really ignorant awful person with no principles or character

like all the rest of you, the world will be a better place without you in it.
    I could walk past you on the street, and you wouldn't know me from Eve. Whatever adjective/description of me you spout is more a reflection of YOU than of me. BUT I don't think you're Bonnerific.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is having a million dollars when you're young not going to fundamentally change your lifestyle? Means you could have a house with no mortgage and put the rest in an index fund for retirement, leaving you a lot more spending money out of each paycheck or even the security to try to start your own business when you don't have a mortgage hanging over your head.
    Probably shouldn't have said "relatively young" because a million dollars is obviously more of a difference maker for a 23 year old than a 40-something who (like I said) is generally content with his lifestyle.

If you're already putting enough into savings for retirement after expenses and you're happy with your home situation, you'd just be selling out your convictions for a bigger retirement that you may not need. Not worth it, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1M is a difference maker for anyone working normal 8-5 jobs. If you're making 300K a year, the 1M probably changes nothing (unless you're in debt to the Russian mob), but for the person who cannot live a year unemployed without losing their , it would make a difference.

But name your price, we already know what you are, so we're just haggling over the price now.

So far all 8 voters have illustrated they do not believe their vote means much, nor their support. That's why we have a 2 party system with for candidates and a low voter turnout.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1M is a difference maker for anyone working normal 8-5 jobs. If you're making 300K a year, the 1M probably changes nothing (unless you're in debt to the Russian mob), but for the person who cannot live a year unemployed without losing their , it would make a difference.

But name your price, we already know what you are, so we're just haggling over the price now.

So far all 8 voters have illustrated they do not believe their vote means much, nor their support. That's why we have a 2 party system with for candidates and a low voter turnout.
    not true. that only works if you think a million dollar cash payment is "not much"

depending on where you are in your life and what your financial condition looks like, that may or may not be true. certainly isn't true for me now. the plan is that it will be true some time down the road, at which point my vote would be different, as i stated.

i completely reject any notion that a life-altering sum of money is "not much."

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could walk past you on the street, and you wouldn't know me from Eve. Whatever adjective/description of me you spout is more a reflection of YOU than of me. BUT I don't think you're Bonnerific.
    It’s not a reflection of me. It’s defining you for the nonsense you post on here. You can try to play the old lady schtick all you want, but to support what you support makes you everything I said.

and trumpers are too proud of being dumb and racist to hide who they are. You would be incredibly easy to spot.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, look. Chump is voting present. So are his butt lickers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not true. that only works if you think a million dollar cash payment is "not much"

depending on where you are in your life and what your financial condition looks like, that may or may not be true. certainly isn't true for me now. the plan is that it will be true some time down the road, at which point my vote would be different, as i stated.

i completely reject any notion that a life-altering sum of money is "not much."

"much" meaning more than monetary gain. Like freedom itself, I wouldn't get into an agreement like a marriage for money, I don't care how much it's for... private jets and all that is great but being miserable is being miserable. I don't need that much to enjoy life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Already did. $20 million.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Already did. $20 million.
    Ok so you'd sell your vote and party loyalty for 20 million.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sadbert would sell it for way less than that.
    Outside of Lite and maybe Will, I don't think there is a chumpette here who wouldn't sell it for a down payment on a starter home.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd gladly give Dems my one vote in Texas for a million dollars. it $10k it's yours.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Soros pays better to just stuff ballot boxes, tbh...

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Soros pays better to just stuff ballot boxes, tbh...
    Better than a million? Not likely. But probably in the ballpark of $50K-$250K.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "much" meaning more than monetary gain. Like freedom itself, I wouldn't get into an agreement like a marriage for money, I don't care how much it's for... private jets and all that is great but being miserable is being miserable. I don't need that much to enjoy life.
    a) but it depends how much monetary gain. $20 wouldn't be a much. a billion would be a lot.

b) a vote in a general election isn't at all comparable to a marriage because its not likely to sway the outcome.

i could change my votes for money and we would still likely have all the same electoral outcomes anyway... whereas a marriage for money would certainly change my outcomes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a) but it depends how much monetary gain. $20 wouldn't be a much. a billion would be a lot.

b) a vote in a general election isn't at all comparable to a marriage because its not likely to sway the outcome.

i could change my votes for money and we would still likely have all the same electoral outcomes anyway... whereas a marriage for money would certainly change my outcomes.
    Which illustrates my point, not worth much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which illustrates my point, not worth much.
    my political engagement isn't limited to a trip to ballot every 2 years... this poll asked for a lot more than just that.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, look. Chump is voting present. So are his butt lickers.
    Where's your vote, derp?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I already said I'm not eligible.

You are under your de facto rule however.

Where's your vote, derp?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I already said I'm not eligible.
    You never said what non-Republican you voted for in a partisan election.

Where's your vote?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You never said what non-Republican you voted for in a partisan election.

Where's your vote?
    Take your L with grace. Why you voting present?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Take your L with grace. Why you voting present?
    derp folds

I'll do it for a trillion dollars.

Thread Information