View Poll Results: Would You Switch Political Parties for 1 Million Dollars?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Show me the money!

9 81.82%
  • I'd rather die or just no

2 18.18%
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The proposition wasn't a sales pitch. X for Y is simple. You feel the need to infer X for Y with Z as an unknown. You changed the narrative to avoid the question.

So your party membership and vote are worth more than saving countless struggling families? You could do a lot of altruistic with 1 billion.
    I never have been a member of a political party. I've voted for both Republican and Democratic Presidents.

I reject your bull proposition in all its forms, how's that? I'm not going to sell my vote for money, period.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're relatively young, a million dollars isn't enough to fundamentally and permanently change your lifestyle. So if you're generally happy with your lifestyle and secure in your beliefs, I don't see why you'd compromise the latter for a million bucks.

A billion dollars would obviously be life changing but the downside is that now you're talking about impacting your actual legacy. Whereas no one notices a millionaire Republican, the billionaire Republican leaves a stain that his children and grandchildren have to live with. (Or they just become ty, spoiled rich kids with no morals.)

I wouldn't do it for any less than $20 million. Then I'd put my efforts behind supporting Republicans who stay out of social wedge issues and reject the Trumpist style of disinformation strategy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP sucks at negotiating tbh

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're relatively young, a million dollars isn't enough to fundamentally and permanently change your lifestyle. So if you're generally happy with your lifestyle and secure in your beliefs, I don't see why you'd compromise the latter for a million bucks.

A billion dollars would obviously be life changing but the downside is that now you're talking about impacting your actual legacy. Whereas no one notices a millionaire Republican, the billionaire Republican leaves a stain that his children and grandchildren have to live with. (Or they just become ty, spoiled rich kids with no morals.)

I wouldn't do it for any less than $20 million. Then I'd put my efforts behind supporting Republicans who stay out of social wedge issues and reject the Trumpist style of disinformation strategy.
    How is having a million dollars when you're young not going to fundamentally change your lifestyle? Means you could have a house with no mortgage and put the rest in an index fund for retirement, leaving you a lot more spending money out of each paycheck or even the security to try to start your own business when you don't have a mortgage hanging over your head.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    How is having a million dollars when you're young not going to fundamentally change your lifestyle? Means you could have a house with no mortgage and put the rest in an index fund for retirement, leaving you a lot more spending money out of each paycheck or even the security to try to start your own business when you don't have a mortgage hanging over your head.
    yeah exactly. If I had a million right now I'd put it in a fund and wouldn't really have to worry about saving anything after that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow - some of you are so PRINCIPLED :-) especially assuming that most of you live in TX and your vote really doesn't count. I'd take the money if all I had to do was vote Democrat. It really wouldn't make a difference in FL (even in 2000), and I could still campaign for Republicans - which likely would result in more Rep votes than mine.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So why hasn't any of you who wouldn't sell your vote - not answer the poll?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow - some of you are so PRINCIPLED :-) especially assuming that most of you live in TX and your vote really doesn't count. I'd take the money if all I had to do was vote Democrat. It really wouldn't make a difference in FL (even in 2000), and I could still campaign for Republicans - which likely would result in more Rep votes than mine.
    They are full of

Most here would sell their sisters for 10k

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are full of

Most here would sell their sisters for 10k
    Your sister thick?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The wrong kind of thick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that wasn't allowed according to DMC

DMC, is this just limited to how i vote at the ballot? can i still donate or advocate for my party of choice?

No, you switched parties.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never have been a member of a political party. I've voted for both Republican and Democratic Presidents.

I reject your bull proposition in all its forms, how's that? I'm not going to sell my vote for money, period.
    You're a Democrat. Come to terms.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are a derp. Answer my question.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not doctrinaire, deal with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think for the purpose of the hypothetical the clear inference would be that you would commit to always voting republican in exchange for the cash, taking away the concern of "am i actually going to get paid or stood up."

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're a Democrat no matter what spin you want to put on it.

Come to terms.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think for the purpose of the hypothetical the clear inference would be that you would commit to always voting republican in exchange for the cash, taking away the concern of "am i actually going to get paid or stood up."
    I'm not even doing purposes of discussion. This guy is in full denial. In the past he's actually called himself a conservative.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Come to terms.
    by extension you'd come to terms with being a Republican no matter what spin you want to put on it?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    by extension you'd come to terms with being a Republican no matter what spin you want to put on it?
    You're as bad as Chump, seeking out tiny w's. For purposes of discussion I conceded that point to you directly on like page one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree, you just like to kick everyone who disagrees with you into the same ditch so you can piss on all their heads at once.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not even doing purposes of discussion. This guy is in full denial. In the past he's actually called himself a conservative.
    he's not a big fan of democrats either, and he's made that clear with his criticisms of liberals like obama, etc. i dont think he's necessarily being dishonest.

but if im remembering right he's said that as long as the modern republicans are going to be as bat and heartless as they are, that voting them out is the #1 priority right now, so within that framing, and for the purpose of this exercise, i dont think its a stretch to think that the assumption is he'd vote for these republicans in exchange for the money

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree, you just like to kick everyone who disagrees with you into the same ditch so you can piss on all their heads at once.
    You're a team player at the end of the day. You think you're independent cos you try to cry about stuff in the margins while pulling your punches. You're no less deluded than anyone on here, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're a team player at the end of the day. You think you're independent cos you try to cry about stuff in the margins while pulling your punches. You're no less deluded than anyone on here, tbh.
    Dude, you can't even explain what you're saying most of the time. Your authority to gloss others is nugatory.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I switched for free almost 10 years ago so sure write me a check and I’m on my way

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's not a big fan of democrats either, and he's made that clear with his criticisms of liberals like obama, etc. i dont think he's necessarily being dishonest.

but if im remembering right he's said that as long as the modern republicans are going to be as bat and heartless as they are, that voting them out is the #1 priority right now, so within that framing, and for the purpose of this exercise, i dont think its a stretch to think that the assumption is he'd vote for these republicans in exchange for the money
    He's a huge fan of the democrats. He loves smoke screens to try and grant himself a fake autonomy. Yea, he gave you the democrat line about heartless repubs, same as chump. Even the pscyhopath has come more to terms with his party affiliation more than blakehole.

Thread Information