Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1242
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    now do it with the dem states/cities who've let the riots commence and keep on. tell us how great they govern, how they obstruct, and how they injure not only the people but those same people's businesses.

you're just a mouthpiece for the re ed left and you're a good little zombie who follows along as expected. you're also a straight up but that's not news to anyone phobeBogie.

Joey, you’re a tough fella aren’t you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    come and find out buddy. i mean you already told us your little fairytale about your fake consultation with me so make it reality homie!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Says the guy who rides Trump.
    why do you constantly cry so much you ing whale?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    as well, it was expected that you'd overlook what i asked of you because you're spineless and made.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    come and find out buddy. i mean you already told us your little fairytale about your fake consultation with me so make it reality homie!
    Gauntlet has been thrown down.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, Joey, I’ll come and see you. Are you like this in real life? If you are, I’m going to have to bring a face shield because I bet you spit a lot when you’re raging

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Best way to prove the re isn't suitable for driving is give them the keys with everyone in the car..
    Pretty much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, Joey, I’ll come and see you. Are you like this in real life? If you are, I’m going to have to bring a face shield because I bet you spit a lot when you’re raging

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pics or it didn't happen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CNN legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin on Saturday blasted Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., for making Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett a "hero to religious conservatives" in 2017 — and said it was time the 87-year-old Senator "leave the committee."

"The dogma lives loudly within you," Feinstein declared at a Court of Appeals confirmation hearing for the Roman Catholic Barrett three years ago.

Toobin derided the comment from the ranking Democrat on the Judiciary Committee as "so incompetent, so inept, so apparently religiously discriminatory that Amy Coney Barrett became a hero to religious conservatives."

"Dianne Feinstein was and is a distinguished public servant," he said. "She is now 87 years old and she has repeatedly engaged in behavior in recent months that seemed out of step with what Democrats want to do. She's going to be the leader. And all I can say is good luck with that, Democrats."

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    CNN legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin on Saturday blasted Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., for making Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett a "hero to religious conservatives" in 2017 — and said it was time the 87-year-old Senator "leave the committee."

"The dogma lives loudly within you," Feinstein declared at a Court of Appeals confirmation hearing for the Roman Catholic Barrett three years ago.

Toobin derided the comment from the ranking Democrat on the Judiciary Committee as "so incompetent, so inept, so apparently religiously discriminatory that Amy Coney Barrett became a hero to religious conservatives."

"Dianne Feinstein was and is a distinguished public servant," he said. "She is now 87 years old and she has repeatedly engaged in behavior in recent months that seemed out of step with what Democrats want to do. She's going to be the leader. And all I can say is good luck with that, Democrats."
    She shouldn't even be in the senate anymore, let alone ranking member on the judiciary committee.

These old as Democrats who have been in Congress for decades (Pelosi, Feinstein, Schumer, etc.) are bad at everything other than fundraising. They're genuinely mediocre people who have no ing idea how to get anything done.
    Last edited by Will Hunting; 09-27-2020 at 09:58 AM.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She shouldn't even be in the senate anymore, let alone ranking member on the judiciary committee.

These old as Democrats who have been in Congress for decades (Pelosi, Feinstein, Schumer, etc.) are bad at everything other than fundraising. They're genuinely mediocre people who have no ing idea how to get anything done.
    I'll give Pelosi credit for getting the ACA passed with a public option in her chamber. Hasn't done worthwhile since though.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I'll give Pelosi credit for getting the ACA passed with a public option in her chamber. Hasn't done worthwhile since though.
    Feinstein has already said she doesn't support nuking the filibuster because "it's used a lot less than when I first got elected" which is just an flagrantly false narrative. It's usage has increased exponentially since she was first elected.

Unfortunately she's 87 ing years old so she doesn't have to worry about re-election and can just use her last term as a way of joining with the Republicans and blocking tax reform or climate change reform.

Regarding Pelosi, she better replace Richie Neal as Ways & Means Chair next year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hasn't done worthwhile since though.
    she lost the House in 2010, and didn't really have 60 in Senate (Lieberman independent, and owned by CT insurance industry, so no public option)

she won the House in 2018, but had 400+ bills killed by Moscow Mitch.

very simply, w/o the Senate, House Dems can do nothing.

The Cons ution up of 2 Senators/state produces minority rule, same with many states, due to Repug partisan/racial gerrymandering where the Repugs choose their voters

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

she lost the House in 2010, and didn't really have 60 in Senate (Lieberman independent, and owned by CT insurance industry, so no public option)

she won the House in 2018, but had 400+ bills killed by Moscow Mitch.

very simply, w/o the Senate, House Dems can do nothing.

The Cons ution up of 2 Senators/state produces minority rule, same with many states, due to Repug partisan/racial gerrymandering where the Repugs choose their voters

Pelosi can't blame Republicans for making a Blackstone lobbyist chair of the Ways & Means Committee, then letting said lobbyist drag his feet on Trump's tax returns & blow up bipartisan legislation that would end surprise medical billing.

The Democrats lost the house in 2010 because they didn't get anything meaningful done - voters have no interest in hearing about how the filibuster made it so you had control of both houses but couldn't go beyond passing Bob Dole's healthcare plan. If they nuked the filibuster and then passed a multi-trillion dollar bailout plan that didn't only help banks, the 2010 midterms would have been a different story.

Party leaders have since admitted the Republicans caught them napping on 2010 redistricting. The Democrat Party simply failed in spectacular fashion during Obama's presidency in terms of midterm elections and state & local races.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feinstein has already said she doesn't support nuking the filibuster because "it's used a lot less than when I first got elected" which is just an flagrantly false narrative. It's usage has increased exponentially since she was first elected.

Unfortunately she's 87 ing years old so she doesn't have to worry about re-election and can just use her last term as a way of joining with the Republicans and blocking tax reform or climate change reform.

Regarding Pelosi, she better replace Richie Neal as Ways & Means Chair next year.
    so what happens then, when all of the sweeping changes you want all get overturned at federal judicial level?

i know DNC’s fault for not taking the feelings of a voting bloc that doesn’t participate and doing everything they demand

does the progressive left that has not participated in elections consistently have any culpability for their lack of participation? They scream the loudest, and will continue to do so when right after right is attacked, and all of the social legislation gets overturned. But not voting in 2000, 2004, 2010, and 2016 means nothing, right?

elections have consequences. When you don’t participate things you support are at best ignored, at worst overturned.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    so what happens then, when all of the sweeping changes you want all get overturned at federal judicial level?

i know DNC’s fault for not taking the feelings of a voting bloc that doesn’t participate and doing everything they demand

does the progressive left that has not participated in elections consistently have any culpability for their lack of participation? They scream the loudest, and will continue to do so when right after right is attacked, and all of the social legislation gets overturned. But not voting in 2000, 2004, 2010, and 2016 means nothing, right?

elections have consequences. When you don’t participate things you support are at best ignored, at worst overturned.
    Pretty sure it's not only the progressive left that's against surprise medical billing, Jeff.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure it's not only the progressive left that's against surprise medical billing, Jeff.
    i can see why you would ignore the rest of the questions

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    i can see why you would ignore the rest of the questions
    The premise that Richie Neal reflects what all non-progressive Democrats want is so ing re ed I'm not going to waste time arguing with each point line by line. There are plenty of non-progressive House Democrats who could have been pegged as Ways and Means Chair, Pelosi chose the one who's even further to the right than Republicans are on healthcare.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The premise that Richie Neal reflects what all non-progressive Democrats want is so ing re ed I'm not going to waste time arguing with each point line by line. There are plenty of non-progressive House Democrats who could have been pegged as Ways and Means Chair, Pelosi chose the one who's even further to the right than Republicans are on healthcare.
    what does richie neal have to do anything I asked?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    what does richie neal have to do anything I asked?
    You responded to a post about Richie Neal.

Regarding Feinstein - she was re-elected in 2018 (an election where progressives did turn out) because of a 9:1 cash advantage over her more progressive opponent. Your argument that everything comes back to progressives not voting enough is oversimplified boomer bull . She survived 2018 because of Citizens United opening the floodgates of money in election.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Dianne Feinstein when she refuses to nuke the filibuster to pass a bill that results in a higher capital gains tax:

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dianne Feinstein when she refuses to nuke the filibuster to pass a bill that results in a higher capital gains tax:

she needs to go prison for her insider trading just like the rest of them.

But the reality is the questions i asked are directly related to why this happened. The barn was left open many years ago, and people are buying their representation.

the very system you are anecdotally critiquing was created through indifference. CU could have been stopped by the 2000 presidential election. But people felt the need to not participate or vote for Ralph Nader.

people could have shown up in 2010 and given cover to ensure that Dems were not punished for their vote on the ACA. 2016 was actually too late. The wheels were already in motion. But it could have prevented 3 Supreme Court justices from being appointed to do what they’re about to do.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moscow Mitch and McCarthy snubbed RBG's funeral

Thread Information