Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At some point they have to pay the piper, they can't keep saying they are going to overturn abortion and not do it when they have their justices
    At some point they have to pay the piper, they can't keep saying they are going to overturn abortion and not do it when they have their justices
    Pep Rally

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's swell

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yep, abortion will go, either nationally or left to the states.

OBERGEFELL gone

All kinds Separation Clause cases will effectively kill that clause as Christian nationalist/supremacist push for Christian theocracy.

Any Dem attempts to kill C-U or VRW rights will be blocked.

America will be more ed and un able, continuing its permanent decline, couldn't even survive to its tri-centennial.

Article V Convention of the States will annul the Cons ution, with the oligarchy writing a new one.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 09-19-2020 at 05:36 AM.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He offered zinc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    may her memory be a blessing

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    may her memory be a blessing
    her legal legacies will certainly be erased ASAP, as Christian Taliban storm SCOTUS with cases specifically designed to do so.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    yeah they can jam this through even if its after election but before inauguration. and they will.

only recourse dems have in that scenario where they win the presidency (but only if they also at least have a tie in the senate) would be to pass legislation increasing the number of justices on the court and just start stacking it. after that it just becomes a tug of war where anytime a party controls the white house + senate they're going to go ham. and its going to be bad for the country. but its a hand that would be forced

mitch sat on a nomination for a ing year but now feels that he can just jam one through less than 2 months from an election. he has completely broken congress
    I'd be OK with that over what we have now (stacking the court I think requires the house and senate though, i know you just need the senate to fill vacancies but isn't adding judges actual legislation the house would need to pass?).

If the status quo gets blown up and each party starts doing things like stacking the court or admitting new states every time it gets power that makes it so we would need a large scale cons utional amendment to fix what would be unprecedented chaos in DC. The unwritten rules of decency both parties played by to ensure cons utional loopholes and flaws didn't bring the country to its knees went out the window in 2009 after black president was given a mandate by voters, so as you said this is a hand that's been forced for some time.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quick test so it can be a covid death

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I still like Will Hunting's idea of multiple DC states plus Puerto Rico being admitted to the union. GOP wants to play dirty then let's ing play dirty. DC statehood is long overdue and if there can be two Dakotas, there can be two DC too.
    If Biden wins and the Dems take the senate but McConnell still manages to ram a new judge before inauguration day, I think we should bump that up to 10 DC states.

Admit my apartment building as its own state and make the front desk attendant a senator

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Biden wins none of them are dead. Do you forget how midterm elections go for Democrats when they control the White House?
    You're exactly right; I am going with the flow of Trump winning, and a 2006 like thing happening to the Senate in 2022.

Biden wins the WH, and a wrench is thrown into the typical eight-year (really, sixteen-year) US cycle... and the Republicans probably hold and gain Senate seats in 2022 and take back the WH in 2024. So if you're a swing-state GOP senator....are you secretly rooting for Biden here? Idk.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    You're exactly right; I am going with the flow of Trump winning, and a 2006 like thing happening to the Senate in 2022.

Biden wins the WH, and a wrench is thrown into the typical eight-year US cycle... and the Republicans probably hold and gain Senate seats in 2022 and take back the WH in 2024. So if you're a swing-state GOP senator....are you secretly rooting for Biden here? Idk.
    Even if Biden wins I don't think the Dems lose seats in 2022 since it's such a bad map for Republicans, but they probably won't gain very many seats either. The only semi-vulnerable seats the Dems have in 2022 are in Nevada and New Hampshire and both of those senators are popular.

If Trump wins then your right, Dems probably picks up 3+ senate seats in 2022. The two obvious ones (Wisconsin and Pennsylvania) plus NC where Burr is retiring.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    feckless, spineless Biden/Schumer/Pelosi won't do it, but I'm reading that if the Repugs go 6-3,

then people are talking about payback for Gorsuch and #6 by packing the court to give progressives +1 or even +2 advantage.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if Biden wins I don't think the Dems lose seats in 2022 since it's such a bad map for Republicans, but they probably won't gain very many seats either. The only semi-vulnerable seats the Dems have in 2022 are in Nevada and New Hampshire and both of those senators are popular.

If Trump wins then your right, Dems probably picks up 3+ senate seats in 2022. The two obvious ones (Wisconsin and Pennsylvania) plus NC where Burr is retiring.
    If Biden wins then 2022 could be a wash but 2024 could be a red wave. Bad map for Democrats and they got lucky in 2018, hanging on to a couple by the skin of their teeth + Sinema likely to be a one-term senator (AZ will ultimately be purple, not blue). As long as the Republicans don't nominate a Barry Goldwater 2.0, they should be able to defeat Harris in her re-election (technically, first time election, but whatever) bid in 2024, and the red tide will follow downstream... Tester etc will be goners. A guy like Tester is probably secretly pulling for a Trump victory this November as well. I don't see anyway the Republicans keep the WH in 2024 if Trump gets re-elected.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do hope Trump & Mitch consider Democrats feelings and push through a woman to replace her. The Honorable Amy Coney Barrett would be an excellent choice.
    So you never did answer. Don’t tell me you’re just a cowardly racist lying piece of trumper. That would be shocking

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is she driving and on the right side of the car? Is she in Great Britain or something?
    that's a she?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GOP Senators Are Now Openly Admitting That Criminalizing Abortion Is Their SCOTUS Endgame

Republicans “are explicitly planning to criminalize abortion.

They used to pretend that wasn’t the deal.

But that’s the deal.”

https://www.politicususa.com/2020/09...us-endgame.htm

... applies only to poor (black, brown) women. Any woman with enough money has "abortion tourism" available.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's funny you see not 1 of the 2 women on this board come crying about abortion like all the sissy "men" here do. too bad your momma's didn't abort you es!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's funny you see not 1 of the 2 women on this board come crying about abortion like all the sissy "men" here do. too bad your momma's didn't abort you es!
    You're the poster child for pro-choice.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    em after they're born though, right?
    yes

make them suffer for a few years after taking away their healthcare

but you want to waste your vote to help them

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs