Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harry Reid's rule change was in 2013, three years before Graham announced he would never confirm a justice in an election year. So ultimately his change of heart is based on a SC nominee having a tough confirmation hearing.

Again, why don't these cowards just say, "Our majority, our rules" and quit trying to fabricate some weak moral justification?
    Nobody cares about War Machine Graham's BS.

As it is, Dems and Repubs horse traded in 2016 and it is what it is. Dems got played like the es they are.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So strange to see her connected to Jamaica. I think I'll stick to Bob Marley and Usain Bolt.
    You claim to be half asian and jamaican, no?

You should be speaking out on the racial outburst from the koriwhat types. He's also mocking you when he tries to denigrate Harris for being half jamaican.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Harry Reid's rule change was in 2013, three years before Graham announced he would never confirm a justice in an election year. So ultimately his change of heart is based on a SC nominee having a tough confirmation hearing.

Again, why don't these cowards just say, "Our majority, our rules" and quit trying to fabricate some weak moral justification?
    Graham also re-announced he would not vote to confirm a SCOTUS pick in an election year on October 3, 2018 (link below). Kavanaugh hearings were almost completely over by then, he was confirmed less than a week later. His tweet is completely incoherent, he re-committed to not confirming a SCOTUS pick in an election year after both of these events he claims to be so flamboyantly offended by

https://www.c-span.org/video/?452361...antic-festival

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins issued a statement today saying she "doesn't think" the senate should try to confirm someone prior to the election, but you're right she could just be concerned. She might even be concerned enough to write a sternly worded letter only to vote yes and then say she thinks Trump learned his lesson.

Romney has never spoken publicly on the issue, it's just assumed he's not a complete rubber stamp.

Grassley has said he "doesn't think it's a good idea" to appoint a SCOTUS judge in an election year but wasn't committal.

Dark horse candidate is Lamar Alexander. Retiring senator who doesn't like Trump. Don't think that has a chance at happening but it's possible.
    considering graham walked back his very committal statement without issue, i think its a near certainty that grassley toes the line

isnt lamar alexander the who basically admitted everything trump did wrong with ukraine and still voted not to impeach

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God it must be exhausting being Lyndsey Graham. Must be tough having to do 180 degree somersaults all over Washington all the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Graham also re-announced he would not vote to confirm a SCOTUS pick in an election year on October 3, 2018 (link below). Kavanaugh hearings were almost completely over by then, he was confirmed less than a week later. His tweet is completely incoherent, he re-committed to not confirming a SCOTUS pick in an election year after both of these events he claims to be so flamboyantly offended by

https://www.c-span.org/video/?452361...antic-festival
    yep, starts at 20:30, after 20 minutes of him complaining about kavanaugh's treatment

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    God it must be exhausting being Lyndsey Graham. Must be tough having to do 180 degree somersaults all over Washington all the time.
    I'm not sure why they're coming up with stupid rationalizations that make them look like hypocrites. If McConnell just kept saying all along "We're the majority so we're ramming our judges through when we can, we're also stopping the other side's judges. Sorry Dems but jokes on you for not showing up to vote in midterm elections" they wouldn't lose any supporters over it and swing voters who rarely pay attention to politics wouldn't either. All it does is put senators in blue/purple states in more precarious positions when they use ty justifications.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    considering graham walked back his very committal statement without issue, i think its a near certainty that grassley toes the line

isnt lamar alexander the who basically admitted everything trump did wrong with ukraine and still voted not to impeach
    I'm convinced Trump has dirt on Graham, likely related to his repressed sexuality. The 180 Graham has done on Trump is so pronounced it's bizarre

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's probably the catcher, with pitcher throwin in hard.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You claim to be half asian and jamaican, no?

You should be speaking out on the racial outburst from the koriwhat types. He's also mocking you when he tries to denigrate Harris for being half jamaican.
    Who is the one assuming in this post that the word Jamaican means "black"? Our motto is "Out of Many One People" - you guys could learn something about different people living together in relative peace - and yes, the black Jamaicans are poor and descendants of slaves too but they do not blame me or any other non-black for whatever went on hundreds of years ago. We do not see each other through the lens of race the way you do - my mother's brother is married to a woman as black as Lebron, and it's nothing that unusual in Jamaica.

And no - I am full Chinese and full Jamaican. I consider myself a Jamaican Chinese. Jamaican first - because I think like a Westerner (and believe me, I know the difference with a very old-fashioned, traditional father from China) and Chinese last because I only look (and eat) like one. I don't speak the language. I don't follow their traditions where children (sons being all important) are concerned. I've never even been to China.

Everyone is en led to his own opinion, but you guys go on and on and bicker like crazy. And please don't tell me what I should be doing - I don't see you jumping to my defense when I get attacked for no reason.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Goldbricker no longer on the job.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm convinced Trump has dirt on Graham, likely related to his repressed sexuality. The 180 Graham has done on Trump is so pronounced it's bizarre
    he has TDS

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess I don't understand why leaving a legacy of selling out your convictions to be a flip-flopping boy for someone you said was dangerous to the nation is preferable to just admitting you're a closet sexual who's been blackmailed. At least with the latter you have a future as a tragic hero and maybe even a NYT best selling book.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Corona

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That doesn't even make sense. You're just lashing out.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess I don't understand why leaving a legacy of selling out your convictions to be a flip-flopping boy for someone you said was dangerous to the nation is preferable to just admitting you're a closet sexual who's been blackmailed. At least with the latter you have a future as a tragic hero and maybe even a NYT best selling book.
    Neocon chumpettes mad that Gay Graham not sticking to his warmongering "convictions"

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neocon chumpettes mad that Gay Graham not sticking to his warmongering "convictions"
    They are happy this happened so they can avoid the covid lockdown thing

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who is the one assuming in this post that the word Jamaican means "black"? Our motto is "Out of Many One People" - you guys could learn something about different people living together in relative peace - and yes, the black Jamaicans are poor and descendants of slaves too but they do not blame me or any other non-black for whatever went on hundreds of years ago. We do not see each other through the lens of race the way you do - my mother's brother is married to a woman as black as Lebron, and it's nothing that unusual in Jamaica.

And no - I am full Chinese and full Jamaican. I consider myself a Jamaican Chinese. Jamaican first - because I think like a Westerner (and believe me, I know the difference with a very old-fashioned, traditional father from China) and Chinese last because I only look (and eat) like one. I don't speak the language. I don't follow their traditions where children (sons being all important) are concerned. I've never even been to China.

Everyone is en led to his own opinion, but you guys go on and on and bicker like crazy. And please don't tell me what I should be doing - I don't see you jumping to my defense when I get attacked for no reason.

Yeah that's not how it works

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That doesn't even make sense. You're just lashing out.
    makes perfect sense. dude lost his mind and radically changed his views just because of trump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ruth Bader Ginsburg (50 days)
    President announces nomination: June 14, 1993
    Senate receives nomination: June 22, 1993
    Confirmed: August 3, 1993

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are happy this happened so they can avoid the covid lockdown thing
    Soy boys

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ruth Bader Ginsburg (50 days)
    President announces nomination: June 14, 1993
    Senate receives nomination: June 22, 1993
    Confirmed: August 3, 1993
    "Rushed"

-- Chumpette

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    makes perfect sense. dude lost his mind and radically changed his views just because of trump
    TDS is based on an irrational aversion to Trump. You're just moving goalpost cos muh feelings

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What? Are you half (hispanic, black, white) and half American?

Thread Information